Author Topic: The Dark Knight's Official Hype/Review Thread  (Read 4795 times)

Ezekiel Whitmore

Re: The Dark Knight's Official Hype/Review Thread
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2008, 08:58:38 AM »
I'm counting down the days until the 25th when I can go see this.

Stupid UK release date.

corner_boy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offroad
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2008, 09:22:40 AM »
This movie was very good,  Heath (rip) lived up to the hype,  he flat out owned this movie.  The original Batman was still definitely better but this was very good,  I really enjoyed it and want to see it again.

you cant be serious, what was better about it? it wasnt even faithful to the comics, it even went as far as to make shit up (the joker killing batmans parents? ha!). lets not even get into the fact that the joker wasnt even in the movie, it was jack nicholson playing jack nicholson in makeup. the joker was a clown in a suit, and if they had 5 more minutes he'd probably start making balloon animals. 'the dark knight' has the joker down to what it should have been in the first movie, a complete psychopathic and deranged killer who actually creeps you out when he gets on screen

heath >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> jack as the joker

First i have to say the movie was great and heath did an incredible job as the joker.  The story was well done IMO and i prob will see it again.......when theres less people @ the movies 8)

but the comment said here about jack sounds extreme to really down his acting in the movie.  The scenes like where he pops the cop, pulls out the massive pistol to shoot batman down, and (my favorite)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FpDQAMPCwuY

to me the new batman is more realistic but that in no way takes away from the old movie

im not putting down jack's acting, infact his acting was superb, it just wasnt the joker at all, not even close, heath was

cool

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2008, 11:27:07 AM »
the dark knight is the best movie

"ever" is redundant

see sig

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2008, 12:35:15 PM »
Best movie ever?  That is a bit absurd but I was so impressed that this lived up to the hype and expectations because for me they were extremely high and when I went to see this movie it completely lived up to all the hype.  I am so excited to see this again,  but best movie ever? NAH, Silence of The Lambs, The Godfather..  The Dark Knight isn't on the level of those films but yes it was still incredible.

DIP DIP SET SET

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2008, 01:45:38 PM »
good movie...im gonna co-sign the Ledger>jack joker sentiment. he was over the top crazy but made it believable...

spoiler???

the magic trick with the pencil was fuckin dope...the jampacked theater all screamed "oh shit" all at once lol...good shit 

Ezekiel Whitmore

« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2008, 01:48:25 PM »
NOT SURE IF THIS IS OK, BUT HERE IS THE SOUNDTRACK.

01. Why So Serious_ 09:15
02. I'm Not A Hero 06:35
03. Harvey Two-Face 06:16
04. Aggressive Expansion 04:36
05. Always A Catch 01:40
06. Blood On My Hands 02:16
07. A Little Push 02:42
08. Like A Dog Chasing Cars 05:03
09. I Am The Batman 02:00
10. And I Thought My Jokes Were Bad 02:29
11. Agent Of Chaos 06:56
12. Introduce A Little Anarchy 03:42
13. Watch The World Burn 03:48
14. A Dark Knight 16:15

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8RGG5G8I

http://www.zshare.net/download/15406548828cd24f/

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2008, 04:38:16 PM »
Absolutely amazing! Words cannot fully express how amazing I think this movie is. 

G-Funk

« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2008, 04:50:35 PM »
I managed to see it this afternoon, the movie was excellent! One of the best movies of the year.
Ledger pretty much ran the whole bitch! 8)

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2008, 06:17:37 PM »
Best movie ever?  That is a bit absurd but I was so impressed that this lived up to the hype and expectations because for me they were extremely high and when I went to see this movie it completely lived up to all the hype.  I am so excited to see this again,  but best movie ever? NAH, Silence of The Lambs, The Godfather..  The Dark Knight isn't on the level of those films but yes it was still incredible.

I like the Godfather but now that I've seen it I never wanna see it again. It has no rewatchability for me - no moments that make me wanna come back. It just has my initial reaction.

I'd easily say The Departed was more engaging than the Godfather... and better overall.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2008, 06:19:13 PM »

I like the Godfather but now that I've seen it I never wanna see it again. It has no rewatchability for me - no moments that make me wanna come back. It just has my initial reaction.

I'd easily say The Departed was more engaging than the Godfather... and better overall.

I can rewatch that restaurant scene everyday for the rest of my life in the Godfather

Sikotic™

« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2008, 08:09:52 PM »
Look at what's considered the number 1 movie of all time on imdb:

http://www.imdb.com/chart/top
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2008, 08:33:28 PM »
good movie...im gonna co-sign the Ledger>jack joker sentiment. he was over the top crazy but made it believable...

spoiler???

the magic trick with the pencil was fuckin dope...the jampacked theater all screamed "oh shit" all at once lol...good shit 

That got a loud ovation at the theater I saw it at. I could not help but clap.

I saw that shit, I almost went to the midnight showing, but thought better when work was at 6am, so I went Friday night. Theater in the Mall of America was sold out, what's new, and I'm so glad I resisted spoilers, having people tell me about the movie and what not. I just went in and enjoyed the best comic book movie ever. It fully lived up to the hype, it was even better than I could imagion, all the right people died that I wanted to die... lol... Joker was OOZING swag. I heard some say Bale did an average job acting opposite Ledger, but to be completely honest, when it's Batman v. Joker, that's what it is, it made so much sense, maybe 'cause I'm a comic guy. Plus Bale gets mad props for doing much of his own stunts.

This movie though moved the whole movie series beyond comic, and into epic action adventure which happens to be with Batman. I am very happy with it, and am waiting for part 3. Who will be the villian, only time will tell. But it will be great.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2008, 09:02:56 PM »
imo a third film isnt really needed... i wouldnt want them to jump the shark.

I think they should wait a while atleast... given the ending of tdk, I wanna see how that takes a toll on the symbol of the batman and on the character of bruce wayne

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2008, 09:13:43 PM »
You could easily end the series there, but Nolan says his looking for a trilogy. Since it's obvious Ledger ain't coming back, I wonder what they will do for part 3. Personally, I would love to have seen one more Batman/Joker fight, it's the fight that never ends and is always entertaining. If they do have a part 3, I wonder if Hush would be a good character.

Sikotic™

« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2008, 09:23:24 PM »
We need Bane. Someone call up Brock Lesnar. He's been available since 2003.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE