Author Topic: Last-minute deal lets Sonics move to Oklahoma City  (Read 837 times)

"THE" MoSav

Re: Last-minute deal lets Sonics move to Oklahoma City
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2008, 12:42:54 AM »
Kings have way to good a fanabase in Sac thats all we have they arent going newhere

The Best of 3 Worlds

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2008, 02:59:45 PM »
I really feel for the Seattle fans...I remember when this happened to Vancouver and Charlotte a few years back. Charlotte got a new team immediately, and Vancouver, well...will probably never see another pro basketball franchise again. I wonder if Seattle will get a team any time soon?

can you imagine the same for the lakers ?

Will never happen.

it already happened, how do you think LA got a team in the first place

i don't think the lakers will ever move out of LA, after the dodgers the lakers are the Darling sports franchise in LA SoCaL the south west united states

No I agree that the Lakers will never leave LA.  I just wanted to remind everybody that the Lakers weren't always in LA. 

thisoneguy360

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2008, 05:50:04 PM »
Fuck this bullshit, it's just straight wrong, Clay Bennet is full of shit, fuckin selfish motherfucker. And LOL @ them thinking they can just plop another team in Seattle and we won't care anymore.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 05:53:05 PM by 360 »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2008, 01:52:29 PM »
I really feel for the Seattle fans...I remember when this happened to Vancouver and Charlotte a few years back. Charlotte got a new team immediately, and Vancouver, well...will probably never see another pro basketball franchise again. I wonder if Seattle will get a team any time soon?

can you imagine the same for the lakers ?

Will never happen.

it already happened, how do you think LA got a team in the first place

Yea...that's before they were the greatest franchise of all time in the greatest city of all time. 8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2008, 01:53:55 PM »
this might be a dumb question but can an nba team play in another country cos in madden you can move your team to mexico city?

Ever heard of the Toronto Raptors?

wilz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2008, 01:36:11 AM »
this might be a dumb question but can an nba team play in another country cos in madden you can move your team to mexico city?

Ever heard of the Toronto Raptors?

Fuck me that was a dumb question lol

[img]

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2008, 02:19:53 AM »
The previous owner, Howard Schultz, is still tryna sue to get the team back to Seattle.

After the settlement with the City of Seattle, the team's ownership group still faced a lawsuit from the previous owner of the team Howard Schultz, CEO of Starbucks, who has sued the ownership group for defrauding his ownership group by allegedly making false promises to make good faith efforts to keep the team in Seattle for one year. If the lawsuit proves to be successful, the franchise would go back to Schultz, who could seek another buyer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_National_Basketball_Association_team

That fuckhead is just posturing so Seattle won't completely hate his fuckin ass for selling the team to Bennett who Schultz knew had designs on moving the team to OKC. Fuck him too. BOYCOTT STARBUCKS!!! this is some real fag shit to do. That team was the first pro team in Seattle and had been there since the 60's. Nothing was wrong with Key Arena and you cant blame the fans for not being ready to throw money on their 3rd sports venue (Safeco Field, Whatever they call the place the Huskies play) in the last few years. Every NBA owner who voted to approve the move is borderline gay for that too (Paul Allen and Mark Cuban are the only ones who voted against it).

thisoneguy360

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2008, 11:18:31 PM »
The previous owner, Howard Schultz, is still tryna sue to get the team back to Seattle.

After the settlement with the City of Seattle, the team's ownership group still faced a lawsuit from the previous owner of the team Howard Schultz, CEO of Starbucks, who has sued the ownership group for defrauding his ownership group by allegedly making false promises to make good faith efforts to keep the team in Seattle for one year. If the lawsuit proves to be successful, the franchise would go back to Schultz, who could seek another buyer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_National_Basketball_Association_team

That fuckhead is just posturing so Seattle won't completely hate his fuckin ass for selling the team to Bennett who Schultz knew had designs on moving the team to OKC. Fuck him too. BOYCOTT STARBUCKS!!! this is some real fag shit to do. That team was the first pro team in Seattle and had been there since the 60's. Nothing was wrong with Key Arena and you cant blame the fans for not being ready to throw money on their 3rd sports venue (Safeco Field, Whatever they call the place the Huskies play) in the last few years. Every NBA owner who voted to approve the move is borderline gay for that too (Paul Allen and Mark Cuban are the only ones who voted against it).

Don't forget the Seahawks stadium  ::), I just can't get over such bullshit

Suga Foot

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2008, 10:14:17 AM »
Key Arena is lookin pretty rough.  It'll be interesting to see what happens, especially since Seattle just built 2 new stadiums. 

I agree tho that Seattle will probably get a team before Vancouver does (if Van ever gets another team).  BUT we do have the venue and infrastructure here in Vancouver.  GM Place is only used for Hockey.  And it's pretty new (1995).  We also have the Pacific Coliseum. 

Sucks for Seattle tho, I used to come down from Vancouver to catch some games.

Proc pka KP

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2021, 09:14:38 AM »
Crazy he paid a smaller amount compared to St Louis losing Rams. Sonics could come back though.