Author Topic: Let's face it, Dre done fell the fuck off something serious  (Read 1549 times)

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Let's face it, Dre done fell the fuck off something serious
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2008, 04:57:13 PM »
To say Dre is a terrible producer is crazy. I've hated on his recent beats a lot and think there's been a definite fall in quality, some beats were really bad and others were average. I think it's understandable for a fan to feel this way because Dre's always going to be held up against such high standards, the standards of things he done in past but in terms of where he's at just now he's still better than the majority of people out.

As for Bishop, give him the courtesy of hearing his album before slating him, I wouldn't expect an album as good as Doggystyle or Eminem's first few but I don't doubt he could put something out better than Em or Snoop have done since.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 04:59:47 PM by No Compute »

EFFeX

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2008, 05:05:23 PM »
To say Dre is a terrible producer is crazy. I've hated on his recent beats a lot and think there's been a definite fall in quality, some beats were really bad and others were average. I think it's understandable for a fan to feel this way because Dre's always going to be held up against such high standards, the standards of things he done in past but in terms of where he's at just now he's still better than the majority of people out.

As for Bishop, give him the courtesy of hearing his album before slating him, I wouldn't expect an album as good as Doggystyle or Eminem's first few but I don't doubt he could put something out better than Em or Snoop have done since.

Dre ISN'T a terrible producer, but he's not the same producer that I grew up listening to. I just think somewhere over the years the "magic" for lack of a better words was lost.

$oKhalifas

• 'G'
  • NOWTHAT$GANG$TA BKA $oCal P$ycho
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2008, 06:20:33 PM »
Anyone who is anticipating Detox needs to slap theyself.   "No Stoppin' Carson" has a better beat than "grow up" imo.  Dont know why he never put that as a single.

Grow up is a nice track compared to alot of the bullshit on the radio now, but im getting tired of using that same excuse u feel me?  I still fux with bishops music but this new single really didnt do shit for me.  its the same shit with crooked I when he just dropped that weak ass single with akon on it... that "New West Anthem" joint was way better in my opinion.

if its for the radio, then put out some bangin' shit!   Save all that "reminisce on my life" type shit for the album.   

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2008, 08:37:22 PM »
i'd love to hear Crooked I over a new Dre beat....lol man you'd probably explode!

D~Nice

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2008, 09:06:25 PM »
i'd love to hear Crooked I over a new Dre beat....lol man you'd probably explode!

Yeah the next thread will be Dre's beats have been wack since he worked with Crooked.  ;D

David Mack

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • $700,000 richer Blood
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2008, 09:49:29 PM »
I think Ya homie Kimbo was trippin a bit I got nuthin but love 4 Europe but dis nigga who started dis topic is still a hatin ass bitch. He hates everything seriously. If he was datin Jessica Alba in his wildest dreamz dis bitch azz chump would be hatin on her!!!! and dats the truth 8) Kimbo out! 8)

Officer Perez

??? I don't know this guy so fuck you!

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2008, 10:23:41 PM »
I thought Feel On It was average as fuck, Grow Up shits all over it. How can you say Dre fell off? All his beats on Bustas album were sick, and his track "Going Nowhere" on Bucks album was dope. His recent G Unit beats, and Bring Em In on Curtis was dope. Hustlers and Here We Go were average, not my steez, but I know cats who loved that shit. Dres still got it

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2008, 10:38:57 PM »

When it comes to Bishop Lamont, I have been giving this guy a chance on pretty much every track someone has leaked of his since he came out. I can't dig his music, it's a little boring to me to be honest. I don't mean to disrespect his fans, but that's how I feel.

Bishop is just too generic and brings nothing new to the table like Snoop and EM did, hell to this Hittman was 10x better then Bishop

Well I agree about what you say about Bishop; hes the most generic and shitty Dre protege so far.

I like the Grow Up beat, though. Maybe it could use a ghetto flute whine during the verses or something, but its a nice chill song. And I admit, my eyes did roll over when I heard those "epic" claps again.  ::)

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2008, 10:53:41 PM »
Thread starter, to make your point clear and believable you should give a clear reason why u think he fell off. As u see almost everyone sees you as a hater, which u came across as one.
Anyway, how does one fall off? When someone decide they don't like them anymore? Or when whatever that person does proves irrelevant and fails at attempts to suceed no matter what they put it out. I think the later is more like it.

If Dre's new album is not well received and sounds bad to the public, not individua;s, it will shows that he fell off. Yet he has not fell into any of those situation yet. In fact, his album is literally the most anticipated rap album of all time. That's far from an indication of falling off.
But i guess the term falling off is clearly relative here. If someone dno't like a cat anymore, feels lke he still doing the same then that might translate to fall off for some.

P.S Dre's music has always been advance than any in hip hop so i think he straight where he's at. If anything others are just recently catching up.

P.S. 2. If another producer did that beat, or say Dj Quick it would've been deemed as fire. (it is by the way). Oh yeah,if Neptune keep their trademark, why shouldn't Dre who's over them cats in this game (in terms of longevity and status)

The Predator

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2008, 11:00:35 PM »
Dre's new sponsored sidekick should be amazing the world and blasting on to the scene with listeners rapping along to lines or choruses in awe.

Bishop needs a ghostwriter let alone writing shit for other niggas all over Detox.

Celph_Titled06

• Lil Geezy
  • New West!!
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2008, 11:04:47 PM »
The man makes hundreds of beats a year a you douches get mad at the one that bishop PICKED for HIS song.
Not dre's song. Bishops song.
You wanna hate on dre wait for detox and do it then. this is just good music. something that has been lacking all year so far.
Song is hot btw. schooling all the fake ass tony yayo old age mutherfuckas. sick

lost_assassin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2008, 11:38:25 PM »
honestly this beat reminds me of the stuff the doc did for jay z on king dom come.. dont it?

the song is good ya'll BUMP IT BUMP IT!!! 

better stop hatin if u still waitin for dre to have that sound he brought on '99 . artists grow, let artists be artists
Cowards Only Wanna Act Hard When Its Convenient-Planet Asia(9mm)

Celph_Titled06

• Lil Geezy
  • New West!!
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2008, 11:42:46 PM »
^^^^ WORD

The Real Kilo2

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2008, 11:49:27 PM »
Honestly, when you take The Chronic, The Aftermath compilation, and 2001 you can see that Dr. Dre tried different sounds for each. Some people were disappointed with, some others weren't. I myself am a big fan of the Aftermath compilation which people tend to frown upon. Maybe Dre is just trying a new style to get some radio play because kids don't listen to "good" music these days or he just wants to appeal to the masses. I could say Dr. Dre fell the fuck off, but I haven't met the fellow or been in the studio with him so I wouldn't know. I believe if Snoop, The D.O.C., and company are hyping up Detox so much it must be good. I don't believe they would lie to the public. I believe he may have gave Bishop a semi-throw away beat, and Bishop didn't mind since Dr. Dre is focusing so much on Detox. If this isn't the case though and the doctor is really going hard on this beat, Dre call in Mel Man, Colin Wolfe, Barney Rubble, Erotic D, Daz, and anyone you've worked with in the past and get them to help your ass. The beat is sub-par compared to the stuff we've all heard in the past. If this were a Detox track, I would bet the beat is as bad as the flow. The track is a disappointment and I honestly don't see what he sees in Bishop other than a good ghost writer. I pray to God this is just a throw away beat, and Dre really does have some Chronic-ish material saved for Detox. If not, I believe he might have just fell off the Merry Go Round.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2008, 12:29:10 AM »
where´s the....?

I'm trying but it's leading that way.

if you got any ideas to turn it around.... good luck  ;)

Nah I am done, do with it what you must. ;D

is the topic starter a human or a bot?