Author Topic: THAT DECISION LAST NITE WAS PURE BULLSHIT!!  (Read 577 times)

"THE" MoSav

Re: THAT DECISION LAST NITE WAS PURE BULLSHIT!!
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2008, 01:15:41 AM »
he didnt BEAT the Champ it was too close imo that doesnt warrant rampage losing the title. Did u guys see Forrest Face compared to Rampages? I Always thought when it was that close it comes down to who did the most damage, and that was clearly rampage

The Best of 3 Worlds

Intriago33

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008, 04:20:47 AM »
I need to watch the fight again but my intial reaction was Griffin just edged it. I was very suprised with Rampage's peformance and how quick his leg got battered up from them kicks.

wilz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2008, 06:18:51 AM »
it was a great fight and to be honest i had no idea who won that. Rampage had a lot of great hits and struck much more cleanly than Forrest. But MMA judges ALWAYS favour the aggressor and after Rampage hurt his leg Forrest was the aggressor for the last 3 rounds. I thot Rampage handled himself really well in the post fight interview. Real Humble

[img]

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2008, 08:41:06 AM »
he didnt BEAT the Champ it was too close imo that doesnt warrant rampage losing the title. Did u guys see Forrest Face compared to Rampages? I Always thought when it was that close it comes down to who did the most damage, and that was clearly rampage

I think UFC judges don't care much about damage if it all of it happened in the beginning rounds. Are they suppossed to ignore the rest of the round of Rampage doesn't do anything?  Whoever is the best fighter of the night gets the title. To them I believe Forrest was working more and getting to rampage a lot more. Even if it wasn't hurting.

Like I said..it ain't boxing where they favour the champion if its close.

But man im still pissed with rampage..he should've gotten closer to griffin and unloaded more. When i saw him hang his head after the 5th round, i knew he lost.

DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Intriago33

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2008, 08:58:07 AM »

I think UFC judges don't care much about damage if it all of it happened in the beginning rounds. Are they suppossed to ignore the rest of the round of Rampage doesn't do anything?  Whoever is the best fighter of the night gets the title. To them I believe Forrest was working more and getting to rampage a lot more. Even if it wasn't hurting.

But man im still pissed with rampage..he should've gotten closer to griffin and unloaded more. When i saw him hang his head after the 5th round, i knew he lost.

He just seemed far too tentative. For someone who claimed he wasn't bothered by Griffin's power, he didn't seem over enthusiastic on taking punches on the way in to deliver combo's himself.

It was a fight I never saw Rampage losing before hand, and I think maybe he went in the fight with the same attitude.

Did Quinton have a problem with his leg before the fight? I don't see how them leg kicks from Griffin affected him that quick. He's lucky it wasn't Jardine chopping away at him or that fight could of been stopped.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2008, 09:19:59 AM »

Not do anything the rest of the fight? He dropped Forrest on his head in Rd 3 and took him down a few more times in rd 3 and 4 as well as coming with some good combos. Forrest Won rd 2 and 5 Rampage 1 and 3 and I think Rampage did more in Rd 4 too..LOL@ saying he didnt do anything the rest the fight, go back and watch. Rd 5 cost Rampage he was very unagressive but rd 3 and 4 he was still stalking Forrest

The Best of 3 Worlds

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2008, 10:14:28 AM »

Not do anything the rest of the fight? He dropped Forrest on his head in Rd 3 and took him down a few more times in rd 3 and 4 as well as coming with some good combos. Forrest Won rd 2 and 5 Rampage 1 and 3 and I think Rampage did more in Rd 4 too..LOL@ saying he didnt do anything the rest the fight, go back and watch. Rd 5 cost Rampage he was very unagressive but rd 3 and 4 he was still stalking Forrest

I saw the fight agian the next day to see if Rampage really did get screwed, cause thats how i was feelin after i watched it the first time. But then you could see in Round 4 that it could've gone either way. But I believe the judges saw Forrest land more shots.

btw, i didn't say he didn't do anything the rest of the fight. Im just saying if a fighter does some major damage on his opponent, but then doesn't do much after that..are the judges suppossed to ignore the rest of the fight if his opponent wins the other rounds, but does less damage?

Anyways I had the rounds (after watching the second time)

10-9 Rampage
10-8 Forrest
10-9 Rampage
10-9 Rampage (could've gone either way)
10-9 Forrest

David Mack

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • $700,000 richer Blood
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2008, 12:22:47 PM »
Rampages trainer Juanito Ibarra is going to set up a protest to NSAC about the decision.
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=13575

Even Forrests Coach Randy Couture said that it was too close to call and that in an instance like that, THE CHAMP SHOULD RETAIN. it's in the link. This is a Black eye for the sport I feel. What else is bullshit is that Rampage might not even get an immediate shot!!! He should be getting the shot ASAP!! Like this fall or winter.

ESPN also came out with an article saying forrest didn't do enough to take rampages belt.

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=3475512

THERE NEEDS TO BE A FUCKIN REMATCH!! JUSTICE FOR RAMPAGE AND THE SPORT!! TWO OF THE JUDGES GAVE THE 1ST RD TO FUCKEN FORREST!! EVENTHOUGH RAMPAGE ALMOST KNOCKED HIS HEAD INTO OUTERSPACE AND DOMINATED THE ROUND!!

Officer Perez

??? I don't know this guy so fuck you!

David Mack

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • $700,000 richer Blood
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2008, 12:26:19 PM »

He just seemed far too tentative. For someone who claimed he wasn't bothered by Griffin's power, he didn't seem over enthusiastic on taking punches on the way in to deliver combo's himself.

It was a fight I never saw Rampage losing before hand, and I think maybe he went in the fight with the same attitude.

Did Quinton have a problem with his leg before the fight? I don't see how them leg kicks from Griffin affected him that quick. He's lucky it wasn't Jardine chopping away at him or that fight could of been stopped.

He was tentative because his leg was basically done. All that showed was great heart rampage fought on one leg and still should walked away with the title. Reports were that rampage was having trouble with his knee and ankle in training camp because he came in very heavy and out of shape so that might have something to do with his leg giving in rite away.

Officer Perez

??? I don't know this guy so fuck you!

PLANT

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2008, 03:28:18 PM »
he didnt BEAT the Champ it was too close imo that doesnt warrant rampage losing the title.
exactly, in order for Forrest to take the belt away from Rampage he should have been the clear cut winner....You cant just give the belt away like that.  UFC pretty much handed the belt to Forrest!

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2008, 04:36:33 PM »
hopefully we a rematch REAL soon

CoreG37

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2008, 09:59:49 PM »
u guys r stupid that was a clear win for forrest...if u knew anything about how they give points and shit u woulda known. fuck the haters forest was the aggresor the whole fight...only time rampage there was when he countered...clear win for forest baby

Could you please enlighten us as to how they give points then?  You say that like you're some kind of either professional judge or were a professional fighter at some point in your life and know way more about the sport than anyone on this board.  I honestly would like to know myself how they did score the fight to where forrest won by unanimous decision

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2008, 02:23:27 AM »
u guys r stupid that was a clear win for forrest...if u knew anything about how they give points and shit u woulda known. fuck the haters forest was the aggresor the whole fight...only time rampage there was when he countered...clear win for forest baby

Could you please enlighten us as to how they give points then?  You say that like you're some kind of either professional judge or were a professional fighter at some point in your life and know way more about the sport than anyone on this board.  I honestly would like to know myself how they did score the fight to where forrest won by unanimous decision

real spit. Ocho Cinco obviosuly didnt watch the fight and is another sheep on the Forrest bandwagon. UFC just wanted him to be champ more imo cuz the fans are on this dudes nuts so hard.

The Best of 3 Worlds

Intriago33

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2008, 03:34:52 AM »
real spit. Ocho Cinco obviosuly didnt watch the fight and is another sheep on the Forrest bandwagon. UFC just wanted him to be champ more imo cuz the fans are on this dudes nuts so hard.

I don't think this is true at all. Possibly if this was Griffin-Machida, but Rampage has a huge fan base himself with an entertaining style. I don't see this whole 'fix' bs surrounding the decision.

pimpag

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2008, 07:31:41 AM »
Damnit, i just made a topic about this... I apologise in advance.

I thought the decision was balls, i think Rampage should have gotten the decision. You've got to beat a champion to be one, Forrest was busted up a little and i suppose Rampages leg was too but come on. I thought Rampage was gonna rawk the shit out of Forrest though so, great fight!

Bring on Silva on the 19th!