Author Topic: Bishop Lamont's ''Grow Up'' was NOT produced by Dr. Dre!  (Read 1813 times)

D~Nice

Re: Bishop Lamont's ''Grow Up'' was NOT produced by Dr. Dre!
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2008, 08:59:39 AM »
Damn for the majority on this forum that think Dre fell off, he sure gets alot of replies about his music. Thanks for posting that Snoop part for the 1179157490157194 time Nima.  ;D

Native American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 2o11
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2008, 10:49:48 AM »
HaHaHa, Fuq This !

8)
EVERY LAST ONE OF ''Y-O-U'' BELIEVE THAT DR. DRE HAS MADE THESE SONG's FOR ''Y-O-U''.
THE REALITY IS THAT THE SONG's ARE ''ABOUT Y-O-U'' !!!!!!

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2008, 11:03:39 AM »
this confusion is also a result of changing tasks for producers, engineers and the "beatmaker" is kinda new in this whole process... the game changed a lot, when snoop was talking about warren and daz contributing samples and baselines... this cant be considered as beat-making from a today's point of view

"beat-making" nowadays is also arranging and MIXING! (you suck if you dont care about this aspects...)
so if youre good in beat-making you should at least be co-producing a record.. i mean, you DID co-produce it actually

and you should always keep in mind, that it depends on who actually produces this record... if dre's skills are in big contrast to your skills, of course he will be the reason why your track might become a hit record...
with other producers its not like that....

it all depends..

you also have the same "thing" with mastering... if you have a good mastering engineer he make the difference between gold an platinum album...
to the public doesnt always know that those guys do magic too.. what if Big Bass Brian didnt master the chronic 2001, safe and sound, eminem show.. etc....???

bottom line is you need to work with ppl thats fair and they give you credit for what you did
and i believe ppl like warren and daz, didnt really understand what they did and what dre did, thats why they thought he was stealing credits, but the sha money beat proves hes not like that...

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2008, 11:03:59 AM »
Well Snoop says Dre made a lot of beats from scratch so it's not like he can't make a beat without someone's help.

Chad

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2008, 11:53:52 AM »
Dr Dre can pick any random beat maker or musician and make their shit into hot records

The key ingredient is always Dr Dre - Dre is like the steak and Focus, Daz, Warren G, etc are all seasoning... you can have any of them with Dre and it'll still be a dope meal, but if you take away the Dre, you're eating just seasoning with no steak

I would say Dre is more the seasoning....he adds all the flavor (sound & direction) to what would otherwise be a bland (tired) piece of meat (music) sitting on a plate (record)....
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

Lunatic

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2008, 11:54:51 AM »
lol i think dre produced it :P
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

D-Stress

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2008, 12:24:06 PM »

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2008, 01:02:15 PM »
Dr Dre can pick any random beat maker or musician and make their shit into hot records

The key ingredient is always Dr Dre - Dre is like the steak and Focus, Daz, Warren G, etc are all seasoning... you can have any of them with Dre and it'll still be a dope meal, but if you take away the Dre, you're eating just seasoning with no steak

I would say Dre is more the seasoning....he adds all the flavor (sound & direction) to what would otherwise be a bland (tired) piece of meat (music) sitting on a plate (record)....

Word, I like it, flipping the script on cats

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2008, 03:41:07 PM »
it should just say beat made by

i dont care who produced what, i want to know who made the actual beat

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2008, 08:17:24 PM »
The problem is when it comes to music from the Aftermath department it's more of a group environment lead by Doc Dre.  It's not the result of any one single artists.  Yeah, one artist might contribute significantly more but what if he made the beat but another cat added the flavor, the "it" to the beat.

I figure if it comes out of  the Aftermath department it should just say created by aftermath department.  Then one can read the credits to see who did what.

underdog

« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2008, 10:06:58 PM »
snoop talkin that warren and daz shit is garbage in between, stfu snoop cause after your first record all yo shit minus 2 or 3 songs a record have been garbage

VxTheGeneral

• 'G'
  • Picture Of Me, At Night
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2008, 12:32:46 AM »
yall been living in a cave? thats old news, most big producers aint doing shit themselves

D-Stress

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2008, 12:38:25 AM »
yall been living in a cave? thats old news, most big producers aint doing shit themselves
why are they big then?dats fucked up.wheres justice? >:(

dpgkingpin

• 'G'
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2008, 01:03:13 AM »
so people think dre didnt produce the song because they show random footage of focus playing guitar in a studio? the footage of focus was filmed at the time of the interview, after the record was already finished..
man youre all stupid

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2008, 02:58:49 AM »

Word, I like it, flipping the script on cats

yep Dre is basically the mastermind