Author Topic: Better catalogue of music: DJ Quik or Snoop Dogg  (Read 332 times)

J Bananas

Re: Better catalogue of music: DJ Quik or Snoop Dogg
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2008, 12:22:49 AM »
Snoop is fun and all but this is a no-brainer..

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2008, 12:34:43 AM »
overall, it's Quik. He has the better and overall more consistent catalogue.

Snoop always depended too much on Dre or other producers, Quik could do it all by himself. Snoop is always able to spit a nice verse, but he can't do a complete album on his own. That's why his catalogue, is like lunatic said, better and more consistent. He never lost his talent, but he lost Dre.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 12:36:42 AM by Dr. Ján Ïtor »

D-Stress

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2008, 12:56:40 AM »
Snoop.
I Liked His No Limit Albums Too, Dunno Why Y´all Hate These Albums But Everything After "Tha Last Meal" Was Garbage!

Fresco

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2008, 06:13:31 AM »
Snoop did the dopest shit so he has got the best catalogue to my eyes, there is no doubt in my mind.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2008, 08:34:33 AM »
quik. hes had OVERALL better cds than snoop. snoops early shit fades quiks (not to say quiks early shit aint good), but after safe + sound it was all quik. rythmalism, balance and options, the trauma mix and trauma, under the influence. u can listen to all those cds the whole way through and not have to change to many tracks.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2008, 10:16:17 AM »
Quik is way more consistent, Snoop started out with a classic album that will never be forgotten, but then he just fell off..

K-9

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2008, 10:32:19 AM »
Quik is way more consistent, Snoop started out with a classic album that will never be forgotten, but then he just fell off..

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2008, 10:37:19 AM »
DJ Quik.

Fixxers is the only project I think he really fucked up.

midwestryder

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2008, 11:01:39 AM »
I would say Dj Quik.. but Snoop Dogg got some unreleased classic, after listening to the bootleg of last Meal.. its easy to say that dude got it on lock..

Yeah Snoop would beat alot of artists on unreleased material but albums though he is a little shaky.

yep thats probably because of the reason he puts music out his kids gotta eat... i dont get that u have musicians , teddy riley and dj quik on ur team and not being able of putting out a lifetime masterpiece but thats another subjet lol
thatz what im saying b4 i heard ego trippin' i was like damn quik and tedd oh shit and then i heard the album and was like what the fuck is this b.s.
then you really didn't know who teddy riley is & you really don't understand dj quick & snoop doog . ego tripping is a musical classic but you guys don't know what real music is . snoop dogg & dj quick grew up on the best music in the world 1960's & 1970's R&B & funk . but what wuld you know about that ,youngster . you guys have no idea what good music is .

heat

• 'G'
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2008, 11:31:39 AM »
^^ Is there any instrumental-version released of Ego Trippin? Now that would be the shit.. They should drop one!