Poll

Who would you pick ?

Scott Kazmir
2 (40%)
Tim Lincecum
3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Two of the best young pitchers in baseball going 2nite who would you rather have  (Read 127 times)

herpes

Both are going tonight, Lincecum against my Mets and Kazmir aka Jesus to us Mets fans.  And Kazmir just gave up 2 runs in the third but has 7 K's through 2.2 innings.  And the Mets actually scored 3 off Lincecum in the first.

Here's Kazmir's espn page I'm too lazy to copy and paste

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=5917

Tim Lincecum

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=28705

I don't know who to go with.  I am bias b/c I followed Kazmir since the minors but then again look what Lincecum is doing and he hasn't even hit puberty yet.

OG Hack Wilson

Kazmir

he's got AL East pedigree....he's faced better competition and proven more (Lince just came up last year)
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
i think i'd be leaning towards Kazmir right now because he's improved every season.
Lincecum has also improved quite a bit from last year, but who knows if he'll be able to to in the seasons to come.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

herpes

Jim Duquette deserves to get hit by bus for trading Kazmir.  I fucking hate the fucking Mets.  They trade Scott Kazmir for Victor fucking Zambrano who sucked and was damaged goods.  Just that off season they could of had Soriano for Kazmir straight up.  I wouldn't have dont Kazmir for Soriano but if I had choice Soriano or Victor Zambrano I'm going Soriano.  I hate being  a Mets fan sometimes lol.

Quadruple OG

neither...I'd vote for Cole Hamels

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
Lincecum easily,  this isnt even close.  Lincy got his 2nd loss of the year tonight in New York but Lincy is the best pitcher in the majors at the moment.

DIP DIP SET SET

OG Hack Wilson

Lincecum easily,  this isnt even close.  Lincy got his 2nd loss of the year tonight in New York but Lincy is the best pitcher in the majors at the moment.

career:

timmy 3.39 ERA 268 innings  1.276 WHIP  276 K, 9.26 SO per 9 innings,  17-7 record  128 ERA+  (era+ is adjusted towards the rest of the league)

kazzy 3.53 ERA 647.7 innings 1.362 WHIP  701 K, 9.74 SO per 9 innings, 42-33 record  126 ERA+ 

given the fact that Kazzy has to face DH's the whip's look pretty equal

ERA's looks equal, striking batters out is a little more in Kaz's favor

Wins and Losses are team stats, just posted for fun...

so basically the only difference here is Kazmir has put in 3x more work almost
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens