Author Topic: The Official MJG "This Might Be The Day" Discussion Thread.  (Read 191 times)

Lunatic

That shit all over the net. Finna bump it tomorrow and drop my review.

1. This Might Be The Day 2:11
2. Shades 3:57
3. Breathe 4:07
4. Can't Get Rid Of Me 4:12
5. Busted 1:10
6. What Would You Do (Feat. 8Ball) 4:22
7. Mack Life (Feat. T-Mack) 3:28
8. Jungle (Feat. GC) 5:30
9. Roll Wit' Me 4:11
10. Gangsta Gangsta (Feat. Alfamega) 4:23
11. Dangerous (Feat. Gucci Mane And 8Ball) 5:10
12. Big Time (Feat. Slim) 4:15
13. It's Been So Long (Feat. 8Ball) 4:39
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Lunatic

Re: The Official MJG "This Might Be The Day" Discussion Thread.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 09:42:07 AM »
nothing?

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 11:09:17 AM »
c'mon y'all, a legend drops an album and ain't nobody discussing? Official Discussion threads about new albums are the key to getting this forum back to where it needs to be ;)  I know some of y'all will be here soon. I'll kick things off with my review.

1. Intro - 3/5 - cool lil intro with J-G spittin game at these hoes

2. Shades - 4/5 - First single, not really what you expect from MJG, but it's tolerable and not nearly as bad as many songs that sound similar.

3. Breathe - 4.5/5 - Not really the type of production u expect to hear MJG rapping over, but he kills it with the flow and fits fine over it.

4. Can't Get Rid Of Me - 4.25/5 - Another unexpected beat for MJG to rap over, but once again he flows his ass off and doesn't sound out of place at all.

5. Busted (Skit) - Skit

6. What Would U Do Ft. 8Ball - 3/5 - Disappointing for a 8Ball collabo; filler.

7. Mack Life Ft. T-Mack - 5/5 - First track on this album that actually sounds like a MJG track and it's a breath of fresh air in a way

8. Jungle Ft. G.C. - 4.75/5 - Another classic MJG sounding track and it's another breath of fresh air.

9. Roll Wit' Me - 4/5 - I'd compare it to Shades - a cool, mainstream sounding track that u normally wouldn't hear from MJG.

10. Gangsta Ft. Alfa Mega - 5/5 - Best song on the album. The beat go hard and Mega RIPS his verse. Similar to real gangsta sounding classic Ball & G shit like "Don't Make."

11. Dangerous Ft. 8Ball & Gucci Mane - 3.5/5 - the beat is crazy but the hook is WACK and Gucci Mane has a horrible verse. MJG & Ball come fine, but Gucci ruins this completely.

12. Big Time Ft. Slim of 112 - 4.25/5 - I love when Ball & G hook up with 112; there is a weird chemistry there. "Cruzin" off the last Ball & G album was easily one of the best tracks on the album. The beat is good and the hook is nice. MJG spittin somethin for the ladies.

13. It's Been So Long Ft. 8Ball - 5/5 - Finally a good collabo with Ball; it's weird that the 2 worse tracks on the album are ones with 8Ball LOL wouldn't have guessed that. This is some classic Ball & G sounding shit from the beat to the hook (wonder who singin on the hook).  Both MJG & Ball flow their ass off on this. Good way to end the album. Makes u anticipate the next group album.

All in all: This is a very solid album. However, many fans will likely see it as a CD full of ups and downs. If you have no tolerance for some of the southern music, u will probably HATE Shades, Dangerous, Breathe, Can't Get Rid Of Me, Roll With Me and & What Would U Do. For me, only 2 of those tracks are average. If you only want to hear that classic sound MJG has formed over the last 15 years, u will absolutely love Mack Life, Jungle, Gangsta, It's Been So Long. Check it out.

smegma

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 11:12:24 AM »
Haven't listened to it yet, but it should be good... I don't know about the features though (Alfamega/Gucci Mane).

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 11:12:57 AM »
Haven't listened to it yet, but it should be good... I don't know about the features though (Alfamega/Gucci Mane).
the Alfa track is solid, classic MJG sound - Guessing you're not too hyped about Ball & G signing to Grand Hustle?  :laugh:

the Gucci is wack. I don't think you'll like this album too much.

D~Nice

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 11:18:11 AM »
Not that many people even knew he was dropping today. ??? :-\

Lunatic

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 11:32:52 AM »
Not that many people even knew he was dropping today. ??? :-\
so sad; but if they see this thread, they will come (hopefully) ;)

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 12:33:05 PM »
1. Intro - 3/5 beat sounds weird... a couple notes sound off. tame for an intro

2. Shades - 3.5/5 - ehh

3. Breathe - 3/5 - beats arent working for me yet. mjg always sounds the same (dope, but repetitive) to me, so I'm not getting much out of this.

4. Can't Get Rid Of Me - 2/5 hook is garbage on this one too

6. What Would U Do Ft. 8Ball - 3/5 - 8ball is like a shitty pimp c. pimp c adds to ugk (aside from beats + hooks) by making bun less monotonous and adding energy to tracks. 8ball on the other hand is just boring. he does make it less monotonous though. maybe this should be a 3.5 for that, I dunno

7. Mack Life Ft. T-Mack - 3.5/5 hook sounds very late 90s. 

8. Jungle Ft. G.C. - 4/5 is mjg the one singing on the hook? nice falsetto. mj's second vese sounds old school. like the guitar on the outro too

9. Roll Wit' Me - 3.5/5 - good shit... minus the autotune. this guy has a good voice, why would he ruin it with that ripple shit? -.5 for that

10. Gangsta Ft. Alfa Mega - 4/5 - whos the third guy

11. Dangerous Ft. 8Ball & Gucci Mane - 3/5 this aint the kardi/akon joint, thats for sure. fuck a gucci mane

12. Big Time Ft. Slim of 112 - 4/5 i like me some 112. the scewed.n.shopped part of the hook might clash with the rest, but thats nit picking

13. It's Been So Long Ft. 8Ball - 4/5 - probably the best song. this must be mjg singing

overall, pretty shitty album. 2/5

SmokinDro520

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PillZ..HoeZ N DRO is all a G KnowZ
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 01:05:44 PM »
Dowloadin right now.I hope its dope.
PoP PoP THIZZ!!

WestCoasta

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 01:07:50 PM »
Dowloadin right now.I hope its dope.