Author Topic: LMAO...Marcus Camby traded to the Clippers for a 2nd round pick.  (Read 515 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: LMAO...Marcus Camby traded to the Clippers for a 2nd round pick.
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2008, 10:01:50 PM »
what the fuck denver :-\

Exactly what I was thinking you don't make these kind of moves within your own conference.

you do if you're in cap hell and the only team willing to help you save money is in your conference.

You tellin me that a 2nd round pick from the Clippers was the best offer they could get? Donnie Walsh is in big trouble with Zach Randolph.

Depends on what you mean by best. If their goal was purely to dump salary then I dont know how they could have done much better than that. Sure, they most definitely could have gotten more talent for him, but they would have to pay double for that talent due to them being over the luxury tax threshold.

Lunatic

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 10:04:42 PM »
^I imagine they could have got a 2nd rd pick from an eastern conference team as well.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 10:48:07 PM »

Exactly what I was thinking you don't make these kind of moves within your own conference.

you do if you're in cap hell and the only team willing to help you save money is in your conference.

You tellin me that a 2nd round pick from the Clippers was the best offer they could get? Donnie Walsh is in big trouble with Zach Randolph.

Depends on what you mean by best. If their goal was purely to dump salary then I dont know how they could have done much better than that. Sure, they most definitely could have gotten more talent for him, but they would have to pay double for that talent due to them being over the luxury tax threshold.

they could've at least gotten a number 1 pick for him and a sent him off to a team that wouldn't be fighting with them for a playoff spot. LOL

ChuckNorrisOnDrugs

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 11:31:27 PM »
Nuggets organization are idiots Camby is worth way more than a second round pick.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2008, 11:37:00 PM »
wow congradulations Clipper fans....you came up like the lakers,lol.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008, 11:52:12 PM »
LMAO at the Nuggets!! HAHAHA they are almost run as bad as the Knicks are, maybe even worse,  that franchise makes the worst moves!  Propz to the Clippers, they are looking great!!

DIP DIP SET SET

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 12:22:36 AM »
^ now lets hope they don't fuck shit up like they usually do when they start to have some potential.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2008, 12:30:06 AM »
^I imagine they could have got a 2nd rd pick from an eastern conference team as well.

Yeah exactly. They just did a charity job to a team they'll be fighting against for that 7-8 spot.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2008, 12:37:54 AM »

How many Eastern Conference teams are far enough under the cap and have a need for Camby?

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2008, 12:41:01 AM »

they could've at least gotten a number 1 pick for him and a sent him off to a team that wouldn't be fighting with them for a playoff spot. LOL

How many teams had the cap space to facilitate the trade AND were willing to give up a #1 pick for him AND wanted or needed him? My guess is no team had that combination of factors at work and thats why they sent him to LA for a 2nd. LA knew they were desperate to shed salary and gave them a way to do it while addressing a need.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2008, 12:43:20 AM »

How many teams had the cap space to facilitate the trade AND were willing to give up a #1 pick for him AND wanted or needed him? My guess is no team had that combination of factors at work and thats why they sent him to LA for a 2nd. LA knew they were desperate to shed salary and gave them a way to do it while addressing a need.

^I dunno, man... I know for a fact that there were other teams with felxibilty willing to take on Camby's salary. I mean, shit, this is the defensive player of the year we're talking about, no slouch. It's hard to believe no one woulda' offered a 1st round pick if he wasn't shopped around a little harder.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2008, 02:21:08 AM »

^I dunno, man... I know for a fact that there were other teams with felxibilty willing to take on Camby's salary. I mean, shit, this is the defensive player of the year we're talking about, no slouch. It's hard to believe no one woulda' offered a 1st round pick if he wasn't shopped around a little harder.

What teams have the cap space necessary to facilitate this type of deal? Before the deal happened, there was the Clippers, Warriors and who else?

tempo2

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2008, 05:03:54 AM »
this trade is a shocking mishap on denvers front office in my opinion. Camby was a huge trading chip on so many levels, as was the case he could of been used to dump salary for a couple of first round picks or they coulda got a player or 2 back in return.

terrible terrible trade for denver.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2008, 12:34:06 PM »
would this move have been impossible if they had signed elton brand
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2008, 12:45:41 PM »
would this move have been impossible if they had signed elton brand

Yes...