Author Topic: new halo (4?) confirmed!  (Read 238 times)

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
new halo (4?) confirmed!
« on: July 16, 2008, 10:31:46 AM »
The ongoing saga of Bungie's no-show at this year's E3 has been given another little twist, with Microsoft's Don Mattrick confirming that the now independent developer is indeed hard at work on another instalment in the Halo series.

Speaking to MTV Multiplayer, the head of Xbox business said that the amount of content in Microsoft's conference on Monday squeezed out any news on the extension of the Halo series, and said Bungie is actively working on a new game that is neither Halo Wars nor the awaited Peter Jackson project.

The news comes off the back of heightening speculation about Bungie's presence – or lack thereof – at this year's event, which climaxed in an open letter placed on the developer's website apologising for the no-show. Meanwhile, the countdown to its heavily touted announcement - which was expected to happen at 7:07am PST on July 16 - continues, though in light of the recent news many expect the deadline to pass without fanfare, or news of a fresh Halo title.

GENERIK

• 'G'
  • THE DARK TRAIL
Re: new halo (4?) confirmed!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 05:43:43 PM »
wow i doubt they're making a halo 4 but it would be awesome if they did. the ending to halo 3 does leave room for a halo 4...

i'm just waiting for halo wars and the peter jackson film, which i hope comes out

OchoCinco

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 06:26:11 PM »
i thot it was like halo wars or somethin and it was an rpg or is this different from that?

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 08:43:00 PM »
yeah halo wars is a strategy game and is completly appart from what i'm talking, it's 2 different games

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 05:16:55 PM »
wow i doubt they're making a halo 4 but it would be awesome if they did. the ending to halo 3 does leave room for a halo 4...

i'm just waiting for halo wars and the peter jackson film, which i hope comes out
what film?

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

GENERIK

• 'G'
  • THE DARK TRAIL
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 07:46:04 PM »

what film?

well the last i heard he was making a halo film, but...

This movie has been officially cancelled due to cost considerations.

At one point it was to be directed by South African-born Neil Blomkamp and produced by Lord of the Rings supremo Peter Jackson. Blomkamp directed that famous dancing robot Citroen ad, and Halo was to be his first movie. The script (already completed) was to be by Alex Garland, of Sunshine and The Beach fame. Blomkamp has in the meantime moved on to another project titled District 9 which he is currently filming in his native South Africa, while Jackson is going to produce a two-movie version of Tolkien’s The Hobbit.

Here’s the statement released on Jackson’s web site:

As was previously confirmed, we deeply regret that both Universal and Fox did not choose to move forward with financing the Halo film under the original terms of the agreement. At this time Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh, along with their partner, Microsoft, have mutually agreed to postpone making a feature film based on the Halo video game universe until we can fulfill the promise we made to millions of Halo fans throughout the world that we would settle for no less than bringing a first class film to the big screen. We are fully supportive of Director Neill Blomkamp's vision of the film. Neill is a tremendously gifted filmmaker and his preliminary work on Halo is truly awe-inspiring. While it will undoubtedly take a little longer for Halo to reach the big screen, we are confident that the final feature film will be well worth the wait.

Since then there has been no word on the film being resumed.

However with the Halo games being the money-spinners that they are, don’t expect that Hollywood has completely buried this project. After all, Halo 3 holds the record for the highest grossing opening day in entertainment history, making US$170 million in its first twenty-four hours. Worldwide more than US$300 million worth were sold in the first week, helping to more than double the sales of the Xbox 360 when compared with the weekly average before the Halo 3 launch.

GENERIK

• 'G'
  • THE DARK TRAIL
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 07:47:39 PM »
now that i think of it, i can't wait for THE HOBBIT by Peter Jackson

the lord of the ring trilogy is classic!