Author Topic: Stephon Marbury or Ron Artest: Lakers Will Gamble on One  (Read 352 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: Stephon Marbury or Ron Artest: Lakers Will Gamble on One
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2008, 08:11:30 PM »
I dunno who's more a dickhead between the two of them..

they both are. but which one would help you win? Marbury is basically a bust in the NBA IMO
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2008, 09:42:36 PM »

they both are. but which one would help you win? Marbury is basically a bust in the NBA IMO

marbury is not a bust, that's Darko.

he's had a long career with gaudy numbers but is a let down.

Marbury, Steve Francis, Chris Webber, Darko and T-mac.  imagine how dope a team of under-achievers would be LOL.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2008, 09:45:48 PM »

Marbury, Steve Francis, Chris Webber, Darko and T-mac.  imagine how dope a team of under-achievers would be LOL.

I dont mean a bust in the way of being a horrible player. Im not talkin Bryant "Big Country" Reeves type of bust lol. Im saying, a bust from what he was expected to be.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2008, 11:52:48 PM »

Naa.. you guys are understimating Marbury. He had a pretty nice career, and he was been a pretty good player.
He's not the type of PG i like, since i prefeer players who defends, who leads the team with their maturity, who can handle the pressure and who can dish the ball.
Marbury lacks all of these things (even tho' he's skilled enought to make 10 assists a night).
But his career (and his mind) is over, tho'.

Anyway to answer your questione obviously the Lakers need a defensive minded SF-SG, so Ron Artest would fit that role perfectly.
The problem is we need Lamar Odom too, imho.
If we can somehow manage to get Artes Pau-gasol-style then i'm coll with it.
I don't want to trade Lamar for Artest, if possible.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2008, 11:55:52 PM »

I dont mean a bust in the way of being a horrible player. Im not talkin Bryant "Big Country" Reeves type of bust lol. Im saying, a bust from what he was expected to be.

He went to the NBA too early.
I mean he was skilled enought to make the big jump, but he was probably not mature enought to live all alone away from home and shit.
I don't know how ugly Minneapolis is, but i remember Stephon talking about it like he was living a nightmare.
He wanted to go home and nothing but home.
That damaged his career drastically.
(cause he got traded to the Nets first, and to the Knicks later, lol).

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008, 12:36:28 AM »

LOL at putting Webber and Mcgrady in the same sentence w/ Darko and Francis,  what a joke

DIP DIP SET SET

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 03:00:11 AM »

yeah that is very true  "starbury' had a big fall from grace

but atleast he made it to stardom instead of floppin' like a fish like Sebastian Telfair   (who if i'm not mistake is related to marbury?? maybe i'm wrong tho)
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008, 09:28:28 AM »
^cousins

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008, 11:15:58 AM »
I mean he was skilled enought to make the big jump, but he was probably not mature enought to live all alone away from home and shit.
I don't know how ugly Minneapolis is, but i remember Stephon talking about it like he was living a nightmare.

Thats a very interesting way of looking at it.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2008, 11:50:45 AM »

Thats a very interesting way of looking at it.

I was never been in Coney Island, man. But a guy who says "I want to live in Coney Island, i can't live anywhere else" surely got some problems.
When you think about Stephon, you think about the thugged out-cracked version of today, completely damaged in the brain and totally fucked up.
But look at this video.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/R5SwEMdN2mE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/R5SwEMdN2mE</a>

Dude was really a kid. Crying all the time. He couldn't even make the interview. And he was performing extremely well in Minnesota. Along with Kevin Garnett.
People were predicting a great future for the franchise and for the two players.
Then something went wrong. Stephon started to ask for a trade, and he wanted to go to the fucking New Jersey Nets!!
I mean the pre-Kidd Nets!!
A team that was clearly worst than the Minnesota Timberwolves!!
The kid just wanted to stay home with his homies and family.
Like i said he wasn't prepared for the big jump. Just one year in Georgia Tech wasn't enought.
Not because he wasn't a good player, but because coming str8 from the ghetto, he should have stayed to mature a lil bit more.
And he should have learned how to handle pressures more.
But his family was struggling, so he was probably forced to go to the NBA to get the money, and he did it for this reason.
You can't blame him, tho.
He loves his family, you can see it from the video.
Anyway when he went back home that's where he started to ruin his career.
He totally lost his mind.
I mean it shouldn't be easy for a ghetto type of player like him to wear a New Jersey Nets and then a New York Knicks jersey, and to be the captain of the team.
He fucked up. He started to believe he was not only a franchise player, but the only good player in the team.
He started to assume crack, probably.
I don't know. But for sure today's Marbury looks totally different from the skinned version of the video i posted.
He was a man out of control in his own town.
That fucked him up.
But he was a pretty good player. People should remember him from back in the days, he was as promising as.. i don't know.. Wade, CP3, etc..
Something went wrong with his career. And his life.
I dunno if he's more mature now, and if a move to another city will help him finding himself.
He performed very well in Minneapolis and in Phoenix, so maybe he could find himself again if he moves from New York.
That said, Lakers don't need him. Farmar and Vujacic are probably better than him at this point of their careers.

Look at this video, tho. It's well done, and it might help you get a different view of Marbury, before he totally went crazy and out of control.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/mfvIutJXjC8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/mfvIutJXjC8</a>
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 11:55:55 AM by Antonio »

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 12:33:15 PM »

Plenty of players make that jump as the age he did. Sorry excuse. Not being mature enough mentally doesnt mean shit. It means he was not ready for the NBA yet even though him....and everyone else thought he was. It cant be used as an excuse, its a truth. Something he should have had worked out before he made his move to the NBA. So whatever the reason for him being nowhere near the star everyone thought he would...it doesnt matter. It was all within his control. Its not like a freak injury or something.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2008, 01:02:04 PM »

Plenty of players make that jump as the age he did. Sorry excuse. Not being mature enough mentally doesnt mean shit. It means he was not ready for the NBA yet even though him....and everyone else thought he was. It cant be used as an excuse, its a truth. Something he should have had worked out before he made his move to the NBA. So whatever the reason for him being nowhere near the star everyone thought he would...it doesnt matter. It was all within his control. Its not like a freak injury or something.

I'm not defending him. I'm saying he wasn't ready for the NBA when he made the jump.
The only reason that can justify that move was that he had a poor family, and he went for the money.
You never know.. when you have a change to get drafted in the first 10 spots, you take it.
Cause an injury can end your career and can let you start from zero, again.
Then it's all his fault, cause even tho he wasn't ready, it's nothing but his fault that he became what he is now in NY.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2008, 03:17:50 PM »
Odom >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Marbury and Artest