Author Topic: Lmao @ this comment about Jimmy Iovine  (Read 205 times)

Elano

Lmao @ this comment about Jimmy Iovine
« on: July 23, 2008, 12:32:12 PM »
After this sohh news:
Jimmy Iovine Is Here To Stay , Rumors Of Departure “Utterly Untrue” Says Universal

After rumors broke out of Interscope’s Chairman Jimmy Iovine on the verge of being fired, SOHH hit up the Interscope's parent company, Universal Music Group, to find out the real deal.

As previously reported by SOHH’s Ya Heard, the head behind multi-platinum selling acts like Mary J. Blige, 50 Cent, the Black Eyed Peas and Eminem was allegedly getting ready to get kicked out the door after failed projects from G-Unit and Nicole Scherzinger hit shelves.

Another key reason behind the executive’s departure was reportedly due to internal conflicts including the recent gossip that Busta Rhymes was going to be dropped by the label.

Despite these allegations, SOHH got a hold of the executive vice president of Universal Music Group, Peter Lofrumento, to clarify his job status at Interscope. “This story is complete nonsense,” he wrote in a statement to SOHH. “It is utterly untrue.”

As of today, he remains the Chairman of Interscope Geffen A&M Records.

Comment:

I believe this version of the story more than the version that Jimmy Iovine was getting kicked out of the door because he didn’t promote G-Unit’s products, properly.

Sometimes I really feel strange because what I see as really just simple and plain don’t and then they go and run with a bunch of bullshit where it they would have just employed some thought they would have known better. Jimmy Iovine has spent the last 20 years turning shameless and pride-less Negroes into his very own profitable money making coons. As I have said before 50 cents is a done deal. There is absolutely no reason for Jimmy or innerscope to kiss his ass. 50 knows this that is why he talking about retiring. He has absolutely no leverage at all. There is nothing that 50 cent can do for Jimmy or innerscope that will make them the billions of dollars that 50 has made them over this last 5 year period. So like tissue they have wiped their ass with 50 and not they intend to flush him down the toilet like they do all Negroes at innerscope records. Dre stays around because he can produce music for any dumb nigga they bring in off the streets and so he has a home. He has a home because he has leverage.

I am not trying to sound condescending, but are any of you cats familiar with any of the very fundamental marketing concepts? Are you cats familiar with the concept of the 4 P’s? Better yet do you understand the life cycle of a product? Well when a product is at the peak of its growth this is when a corporation starts the process of writing that product off. For 50 cents his peak period in the growth stage was during Massacre album. When the product hits its maturity stage they (the corporation) will start to divest in that product big time. This is where 50 was with his Curtis album. When the product is its last stage which is call the decline stage the corporation will then try to cut bait. G-Unit’s TOS album clearly shows that 50 is at the decline stage. 50 at best will be at least 34 years of age when his innerscope contractual obligations are fully met. BISD will not drop in the 4th quarter. BIASD will drop in the 3rd quarter of 2009.

So I am telling you that Innerscope is not interested in re-signing 50 who at the point his contact is fully honored will be close to 35 year of age and will still be hated by ¾ of the rap buying public. Further he will not have any superstars signed to his label. Jimmy Iovine who is a master at finding Negroes to tell hood stories to white suburban kids will find another person to do for him what 50 had done for him over the last 5 years which is to continue making this white man filthy rich.

Bottom line people; you don’t fire people for disposing of product that is in its 4th and final stage which is the decline stage which is clearly were 50 is. So to you Negroes who like these musical 1970’s Black exploitation products Jimmy has been giving you for the last 20 years you can rest assured the Jimmy and Innerscope record will be around for a long time to come to provide you with more clownish niggers like 50 cents for your entertainment and for the continue expansion of their bank accounts.

:D

Tha Magus

• 'G'
  • KILLAFORNIA BABY!!!!!
Re: Lmao @ this comment about Jimmy Iovine
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 12:37:21 PM »
Here is what I think .......................

T.O.S. was expected to sell alot more than what it did. Promotion was poor but anyway I know he also had problems with Busta Rhymes and him not liking what was on Busta's album and not liking what was on it. I heard he is not in good terms but to get fired I believe it CAN happen due to the fact the numbers are not adding up and that's what really the industry is about. It's a fucking maching......... you have to keep it oiled and fed in order for it to keep moving.

BTW Distribution is prolly the main cause of this T.O.S. meltdown............ for example look at Bizzy Bones A Song For You........ it was promoted correctly but you had to go to 2 to 3 different Best Buys just to find the fucking album lol distribution gone bad @ it's finest!
www.ThaWasteland.com Tha Magus Team Leader for Bone Thugs N Harmony #1 community site

By Magus7

Elano

Re: Lmao @ this comment about Jimmy Iovine
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 02:26:00 AM »
Iovine fired from interscope is bullshit