Poll

?

BABE RUTH
12 (70.6%)
WILLIE MAYS
5 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Final: DUBBC'S GOAT POSITION PLAYER... #1 BABE RUTH VS #2 WILLIE MAYS  (Read 140 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
BABE RUTH

WILLIE MAYS

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

OG Hack Wilson

babe ruth

only one of these guys was a dominating position player AND pitcher

and Ruth was the better position player as well  (defensively ofcourse Mays has an advantage, but Ruth's offensive prowess negates that, plus Ruth was above average on defense until he got into his mid 30's)
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

playoff stats

Ruth:  .326/.467/.744  42 hits in 129 at-bats  15 HR

31 innings pitched, 0.87 ERA  3 wins 0 losses

Mays: .247/.323/.337 22 hits in 89 at-bats  1 home run LOL

ruth: 7 rings on 2 teams (3 boston 4 NYY), Mays: 1 ring (NYG)
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
playoff stats

Ruth:  .326/.467/.744  42 hits in 129 at-bats  15 HR

31 innings pitched, 0.87 ERA  3 wins 0 losses

Mays: .247/.323/.337 22 hits in 89 at-bats  1 home run LOL

ruth: 7 rings on 2 teams (3 boston 4 NYY), Mays: 1 ring (NYG)

checkmate. 8)

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
mays was a great player..an amazing player, but you show me another player who won 94 games, had an ERA of 2.28 and a WHIP of 1.159, who also hit for a yearly avg of 46 HR, 143 RBI, 186 hits, 141 runs, 33 dbls and a line of .342/.474/.690.

ruth.  hands.  down.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
Mays.  The definition of a 5 tool player and also played in the toughest era of Baseball history and missed 2 years of his prime fighting in the war, Ruth played in the weakest era in Baseball history, Mays is the best overall player to ever play the game.

DIP DIP SET SET

OG Hack Wilson

Mays.  The definition of a 5 tool player and also played in the toughest era of Baseball history and missed 2 years of his prime fighting in the war, Ruth played in the weakest era in Baseball history, Mays is the best overall player to ever play the game.

LOL LOL LOL LOL

the 1920's the weakest era?  LOL baseball was much weaker during the 1800's, and during the 1940's (war years)

what was so weak about the 1920's?  baseball was THRIVING in the roaring 20's

what about the piss poor 1970's and 1980's?  expansion teams, players popping amphetamines to stay fit a full season, more and more young athletes going towards the NFL and NBA over MLB

oh wait that doesn't help fit your arguement so you ignore it

ty cobb > willie mays

herpes

LOL LOL LOL LOL

the 1920's the weakest era?  LOL baseball was much weaker during the 1800's, and during the 1940's (war years)

what was so weak about the 1920's?  baseball was THRIVING in the roaring 20's

what about the piss poor 1970's and 1980's?  expansion teams, players popping amphetamines to stay fit a full season, more and more young athletes going towards the NFL and NBA over MLB

oh wait that doesn't help fit your arguement so you ignore it

ty cobb > willie mays

<a href="http://youtube.com/watch/v/inyoiKjVe0I" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://youtube.com/watch/v/inyoiKjVe0I</a>

I voted for Ruth btw