Author Topic: Warriors match Clippers offer for Azubuike  (Read 107 times)

OchoCinco

Warriors match Clippers offer for Azubuike
« on: July 24, 2008, 02:11:23 PM »
Warriors Match Clippers’ Offer For Kelenna Azubuike
Two-Year Veteran Appeared In 81 Games With Golden State Last Season

The Golden State Warriors have matched the contract offer submitted to restricted free agent guard Kelenna Azubuike by the Los Angeles Clippers, it was announced today by Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations Chris Mullin. The Warriors had seven (7) days from receipt of the contract – Friday, July 18 - to match the offer from Los Angeles. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not announced.

“We are pleased to have Kelenna back in the fold,” said Mullin. “He’s a young and talented player who has continued to improve during his two seasons with our team. His versatility, athleticism and ability to shoot the 3-pointer certainly fit our style of play. Additionally, we think he will continue to improve and expand his game.”

Azubuike, 24, appeared in 81 games with Golden State last season, averaging career-high figures in scoring (8.1), rebounds (4.0) and minutes played (21.4). The 6’5” guard scored a career-high 33 points on November 2 against the Clippers, one of 34 double figure scoring outings. In 17 starting assignments, he averaged 13.1 points and 5.7 rebounds.

The Warriors originally signed Azubuike on January 2, 2007 from the NBA Development League’s Ft. Worth Flyers. He appeared in 41 games during his rookie campaign, averaging 7.1 points and 2.3 rebounds. Overall, he has averaged 8.1 points and 3.4 rebounds in 122 career NBA games. The London, England native was never drafted by an NBA team after attending the University of Kentucky for three years (2002-03 – 2004-05).

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Warriors match Clippers offer for Azubuike
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 02:58:46 PM »
Damn, didn't expect this... the Clippers should take a look at Mo Evans or Kareem Rush.

tempo2

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 03:00:52 PM »
yeah i didnt expect this either especially since they signed maggette. i think the warriors are trying to posistion themselves for a trade because theyve got a plethora of players at the swing posistions, shit theyl be playing jackson at centre next.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 03:14:55 PM »
Well, actually, they wanted another shooting guard..theyre gunna play Monta at point and S-Jax at the 3. That's why they were looking at Mo Evans, as well.

tempo2

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 04:17:07 PM »
yep thats right, but if i were the warriors id start williams and ellis in the backcourt, i just cant see ellis working out at the point. i have no idea where bellinelli (rocky) fits into the rotation either, i think he deserves some light to see what he can do in the nba.

Sparegeez

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 06:39:29 PM »
And we signed Monta today. :o

Great day for Warrior fans

OchoCinco

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 07:46:46 PM »
And we signed Monta today. :o

Great day for Warrior fans

word monta is the shit...if he works on his 3;s this off season i dont see any reason he cant be a top 15-10 scorer in the league

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 10:19:06 PM »
Well, actually, they wanted another shooting guard..theyre gunna play Monta at point and S-Jax at the 3. That's why they were looking at Mo Evans, as well.

Ellis at pg??? DOn Nelson should fire himself right now if thats true.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 12:03:02 AM »
lol

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09