Author Topic: Sasha Vujacic may leave Lakers to play in Europe  (Read 409 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Sasha Vujacic may leave Lakers to play in Europe
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2008, 10:04:52 AM »
offered Boštjan Nachbar a 3 years $41 millions contract

:o :o :o

the.SET

• 'G'
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2008, 10:50:13 AM »
Niggas gettin paid in Europe. This is why I think the NBA should expand Nationally.
avidSOUND.com: Where Aspiring Musicians Can Be HEARD!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2008, 12:01:22 PM »

LOL, okay...that was wrong. It's 3 years/14 mill...that's more like it.

wcsoldier

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2008, 12:09:30 PM »
That what happens when you are already WAY  overpaying Walton and Radmanovic (basically Lamar too).. you cannot slighty overpay someone else  .. yall can still laugh at Sasha but it was a key member this year ...

Lakers increase the price of the tickets every year and they are bitching about paying the luxury tax ? are u kidding me ? at the end of the day great team = a shitload of money

We will regret this poor decision ...

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2008, 12:18:54 PM »
I see the cba and salary caps flying out of the window real soon.

The NBA is gonna have to lose some impact players before that happens.

Yea for real. Most of these dudes leaving could easily be replaced.

Ima wait till hear about a "superstar" or even an all star leaving. Those leaving are jsut getting the money they wont be able to get here.

DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2008, 12:33:16 PM »
Sasha just turned down a $4 mill per year contract from the Lakers...he woulda made $12 mill through 3 seasons, guaranteed. :grumpy:

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2008, 12:52:30 PM »
Sounds like he's not coming back...

Negotiations between the Lakers and restricted free-agent guard Sasha Vujacic have reached an impasse.

Because Vujacic rejected the Lakers' offer, the team is "aware" the 6-foot-7 guard has an offer from a European team he hopes to use as leverage.

The Lakers offered Vujacic a three-year deal worth about $12 million, a salary that would pay him $4 million per season.

Vujacic, 24, is seeking a deal that will pay him between $5 million and $6 million per season, similar to what Jason Kapono (four years, $24 million from Toronto), James Posey (four years, $25 million from New Orleans) and Mickael Pietrus (four years, $25.1 million from Orlando) got.

"If there is a deal to be made, the deal will be made," Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak said in a phone interview. "If there is no deal to be made, there won't be a deal."

When contacted, Vujacic's agent, Rob Pelinka, declined to comment on the stalemate. He also declined comment on whether Vujacic might be leaving this weekend for Europe to sign a contract, or whether that team was in Spain or Italy

"We are aware of the global intricacies that our player and other players in the NBA have," Kupchak said. "We have negotiated and will continue to negotiate to get a deal done. We're also aware of the possibility that he may choose to leave in light of what goes on over there (in Europe).

"We're also looking at other scenarios just in case."

That would mean the Lakers are looking to acquire another shooter via trade or by free agency, something they are seriously looking into by working out two players today.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2008, 02:50:06 PM »

Yeah, sorry about the typo. It's $ 14 millions, not 41. Plus a buyout clauses after each season to allow him to explore the option of returning to the NBA. Still a lot of money tho.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 02:54:02 PM by Antonio »

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2008, 02:57:59 PM »
P.S. Fuck Sasha Vujacic for turning down that offer. What a bitch.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2008, 03:28:11 PM »
if all he worried about is money then fuck him and anyone that looks like him,not sayin LA cant use him but come on its not like hes irreplaceable.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2008, 05:17:59 PM »
Yeah really fuck him. I mean I like the dude but I have a feeling he will pull a Luke Walton if we give him a big / long contract. 1 good year isn't reason enough for us to pamper him like that. If he wants to play hard ball lets bring in JR Smith.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

SO PRUP

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2008, 06:04:40 PM »
Lakers agree to terms with G Vujacic on 3-year, $15M deal

Associated Press
Updated: July 25, 2008, 8:08 PM ET
Comment
Email
Print
LOS ANGELES -- Lakers restricted free agent guard Sasha Vujacic has agreed to a three-year, $15 million contract after emerging last season as a key member of the Western Conference champions.

"We felt Sasha made great progress in this past year, and our coach showed great confidence in playing him the second half of the season," Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak said Friday in confirming the agreement, first reported by the Riverside Press-Enterprise. "Assuming he continues to work as hard during the offseason as he has in the past, I don't see any reason that trend wouldn't continue."

The 24-year-old Vujacic averaged a career-high 8.8 points, 2.1 rebounds and 1.0 assists in 72 games this season, and 8.1 points 2.2 rebounds and 0.8 assists while playing in all 21 playoff games.

Vujacic drew national attention June 10, scoring a career playoff high 20 points including a crucial 3-pointer with a little under two minutes remaining in the Lakers' 87-81 victory over the Celtics in Game 3 of the NBA finals.

The Lakers had made Vujacic a $2.6 million qualifying offer, and he reportedly was considering playing in Europe. Kupchak said he didn't know if that sped up negotiations.

"I think in this type of environment with restricted free agency, it could drag on and on," he said. "If anything, they needed to know where we stood. There is a real competitive environment outside of the NBA now, and it could be short-lived. We don't know. But we would not have done anything that we didn't think was a prudent business/basketball decision."

Josh Childress announced earlier this week he was leaving the Atlanta Hawks for Greek club Olympiacos, reversing the course of the many international stars who have signed with the NBA. Agent Jim Tanner said Childress was guaranteed about $20 million after taxes, and that Childress could opt out of the contract after each year.

The Lakers will hold a press conference Monday at team headquarters in suburban El Segundo to officially announce the signing.

The Lakers made Vujacic, a 6-foot-7, 205-pounder from Slovenia, the 27th overall pick in the 2004 NBA draft. Vujacic averaged 2.9 points in 35 games as a rookie, 3.9 points in 82 games in his second professional season, and 4.3 points in 73 games in 2006-07.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2008, 07:06:46 PM »
Well, he got his money, lets see if he can live up to it, now.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2008, 07:15:35 PM »
lol, now when bynum gets his near-max contract, that buss nigga is gonna pay mad scrilla to the league or wherever that luxery tax money goes to

as for vujacic, who doubts he'll pull a luke walton?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2008, 07:25:19 PM »
lol, now when bynum gets his near-max contract, that buss nigga is gonna pay mad scrilla to the league or wherever that luxery tax money goes to

as for vujacic, who doubts he'll pull a luke walton?

:'(