Author Topic: Latest player on Europe's radar=Andris Biedrins.  (Read 86 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Latest player on Europe's radar=Andris Biedrins.
« on: July 25, 2008, 12:03:55 PM »
Andris to Europe?

By Marcus
Thursday, July 24th, 2008 at 6:32 pm in Uncategorized.

If you look at the Warriors’ salary situation, it’s easy to see that Andris Biedrins is the one who’s going to get squeezed. Not so fast.
A source close to the Warriors’ fifth-year center said European teams are hot and heavy after Biedrins. The Latvia native is drawing strong interest in a couple Russian clubs, according to the source, who added that teams are willing to sign him for three to five years for what amounts to more than $10 million a year.
This would be the best news for Biedrins’ in months. The only team with salary cap space that was reportedly interested in him, other than the Warriors, was Philadelphia. But the 76ers spent their cap money on Elton Brand. So leverage of a fat offer from overseas is Biedrins’ best hope of getting the money he wants from the Warriors, or anywhere in the NBA.
Biedrins’ camp, which was rumored to have its sight set on the ballpark of Chris Kaman’s contract (five years, $55 million), likely won’t be elated about the offer they’re likely going to get from the Warriors. I would be shocked if it even equaled Corey Maggette’s average of $10 million a year. Just looking at the numbers, I’m thinking six years, $48 million.
With no other teams under the cap and able to offer Biedrins that kind of money, save for a sign and trade, it would seem Biedrins’ options are limited.
The source said Biedrins’ camp and Golden State have yet to formally meet. But Biedrins figures to be next on the list now that the Warriors are out of salary cap space and star guard Monta Ellis is signed.

OchoCinco

Re: Latest player on Europe's radar=Andris Biedrins.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 01:22:34 PM »
that itd be a big loss for golden state..shit hes there biggest guy and hes only like 6'11

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 02:58:39 PM »
Russia again.

Little Abramovic growing up.

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 07:00:43 PM »
wow, this would be a HUGE BLOW delivered to the warriors.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 07:17:48 PM »
that team would be done for real. their interior presence is sorry as fuck as it is, they can't compensate for this
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin