Author Topic: Revisiting Clipse "Til The Casket Drops."  (Read 92 times)

Lunatic

Revisiting Clipse "Til The Casket Drops."
« on: September 02, 2010, 02:31:11 PM »
Been a few months since the album dropped and I feel I didn't give it enough bump when it first came out considering Clipse is one of my favorite groups.

1. Freedom - 5/5. The perfect opener. That first verse is such a classic!
2. Popular Demand - 4/5. Love the beat and hook. Cam'Ron disappointed though.
3. Kinda Like a Big Deal - 4.5/5. Was disappointed when this leaked (expected something monumental from Clipse-Kanye) but this has steadily grown on me.
4. Showing Out - 3.75/5 - Good mainstream record. Believe it or not, there are way worst rappers than Yo Gotti that could have featured on this. Gotti was a decent choice.

5. I'm Good - 4.25/5. Such a feel good summer record. This is a great mainstream record too. No sell out shit here.
6. There Was a Murder - 4.5/5. Gotta love Kobe. Beat is fire and they stay on topic. Everything more than straight on this track.
7. Door Man - 4/5. Very long and very mainstream, but for some reason I can always bump the shit outta this and sing along to that catchy ass chorus.
8. Never Will It Stop - 3.5/5. Best is cool. Verses are pretty decent. My 2nd least favorite track.

9. All Eyes On Me - 3.75/5. Again, very mainstream but not bad at all. Sounds like pt.2 to "when's the last time."
10. Counseling - 3.25/5. Don't like this very much. By no means is it bad, but no replay value to me.
11. Champion - 3.5/5. A celebratory anthem right here. I don't love it though.
12. Footsteps - 4.75/5. Kobe is the best hook singer in the game right now. The verses are very good too.

13. Life Change - 4.25/5. Great way to end the album. All albums should end on a meaningful track.

This album is pretty much a mix of the last two. A little mainstream like the first and a little straight real hip-hop like the sophomore effort. Either way, Clipse are 3/3.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com