Author Topic: DUBCNN PREMIERE: Ice Cube "Raw Footage" Album Sampler Download  (Read 1968 times)

kuruptDPG

Re: DUBCNN PREMIERE: Ice Cube "Raw Footage" Album Sampler Download
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2008, 09:04:09 AM »
i though the jeezy trak was gd, i like the chorus.

most of it sounds gd, need to listen to it again though

Black Gloves

« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2008, 09:07:52 AM »
How Can You Have A Song Called "I Got My Locs On" And Have Young Jizzy On It? >:(

Nuff Said, Nothing West Coast About That Record, So Fuck It.

do u know wtf locs is?

so why cant he have jeezy on it. i mean jeezy is corny and weak ass hell
but why cant he?

what r u tryna say?

Black Gloves

« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2008, 09:19:21 AM »

so basically, what all of yall are sayin is that youre very disappointed in the beats?

Question: So who still planning on buyin the album?

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2008, 09:21:22 AM »

so basically, what all of yall are sayin is that youre very disappointed in the beats?

Actually if you read the whole thread its way more positive feedback than negative, dont let the few negative comments fool you! Only on dubcc are people still this stuck on South/West/East shit.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2008, 09:44:25 AM »

Actually if you read the whole thread its way more positive feedback than negative, dont let the few negative comments fool you! Only on dubcc are people still this stuck on South/West/East shit.
hell no i'm not coppin' this the production is ass. the only beat that seems hot is the joint wit musiq.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2008, 09:47:29 AM »
shit is awesome... definitely be coppin' this shit when it comes out... propz dubcnn......

Co-sign to that comment

Black Gloves

« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2008, 10:12:13 AM »

hell no i'm not coppin' this the production is ass. the only beat that seems hot is the joint wit musiq.

but if it was ti u wouldve bought it right on the spot right?

im just tryna figure out why beats are so important to u ppl?

i mean yeah of course its important but not THAT important.

if a dude comes hard wit the lyrics and the concepts and all that, but some of the beats maybe sounds weak, then ima still cop it if im really feelin it.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2008, 10:12:30 AM »

no, cube lied, so he's just paying the price for it  ;)

on a side note, as far as the music & coast issue is concerned, bishop hit the nail on the head on Anyway ;)

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2008, 10:30:44 AM »

if a dude comes hard wit the lyrics and the concepts and all that, but some of the beats maybe sounds weak, then ima still cop it if im really feelin it.

this is music. the beat is the biggest part of that. If I'm not feeling the beat, theres a 95% chance that im not gonna like the song, no matter how ill it might be lyrically. you can't have one or the other, you need both.

wcsoldier

« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2008, 10:46:10 AM »
I'm a big Cube fan but to be honest, this trailer doesn't sound very promising .. the overall production sounds weak ... 

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2008, 02:09:54 PM »

t.i. happens to know what his fanbase likes and he brings it. this shit is weak compared to earlier cube. production plays a very significant part in music. with a wack soundscape the message in the song is lost. cube need some potent production to match potent(at times) lyrics.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2008, 03:51:41 PM »

yeah right. I can't stand all that childish "south" hatin. I don't even hear that much south influences, those are hard ass rap beats, fittin to cubes style of rapping. but many people on this board go nuts when you don't have typical ABC westcoast funk battlecat beats on your album. I know what the 2 C's in dubCC stand for: cry cry  ::)
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

h2k4

« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2008, 03:53:35 PM »
I know its just a album sampler, but i still dont wanna listen to the shit.

but at the same time i still want to listen to it :laugh:

Haha, me too.

Amplified

• 'G'
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2008, 04:06:11 PM »

yeah right. I can't stand all that childish "south" hatin. I don't even hear that much south influences, those are hard ass rap beats, fittin to cubes style of rapping. but many people on this board go nuts when you don't have typical ABC westcoast funk battlecat beats on your album. I know what the 2 C's in dubCC stand for: cry cry  ::)

You need to quit getting offended with people saying those south tracks suck.. Nobody is saying your wack.. Or Si-Chiggedy beats are gay.. Don't take it personal.. This is a west coast forum where most people aren't gonna be going crazy over that typical down south formula.. And if you think those are "hard ass rap beats, fittin to cubes style of rapping" then you should go pick up a few early Cube albums.. You'd love em..

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2008, 04:19:34 PM »

You need to quit getting offended with people saying those south tracks suck.. Nobody is saying your wack.. Or Si-Chiggedy beats are gay.. Don't take it personal.. This is a west coast forum where most people aren't gonna be going crazy over that typical down south formula.. And if you think those are "hard ass rap beats, fittin to cubes style of rapping" then you should go pick up a few early Cube albums.. You'd love em..

I got those early albums, but I hope you know we're in 2008 and not in 1991 or something. YOU need to quit labeling all beats south, that don't sound typically west coast. Ice Cube is from the west coast, he made that funky stuff back in the day and now he raps that hard shit over gangsta beats, which is just westcoast gangsta rap and has nothing to do with south. I don't tell you that you have to like it, but that south-crying is just stupid. Nowadays Cube needs those type of beats, to spit something hard. That's just my honest opinion. I will buy this record for sure, if you don't like the music, then let it be.
It's pointless anyway, because you won't get that old sound back.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill