Author Topic: Rick Ross Speaks on Street Credibility  (Read 683 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: Rick Ross Speaks on Street Credibility
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 06:58:33 PM »
street cred is the biggest thing that kills hip hop for me, the fact that rappers pigeon hole themselves in this persona, and think it matters.

Black Gloves

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 09:39:18 PM »
street cred is the biggest thing that kills hip hop for me, the fact that rappers pigeon hole themselves in this persona, and think it matters.

Soopahigh

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2008, 06:24:58 AM »

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 09:54:36 AM »
LMAO! @ the autoplay whos that keith kool???

mastdark81

• 'G'
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 08:48:05 AM »

It shouldn't matter if they weren't claiming to be street reputable rappers but they are.  Damn near every song they make they talking about street shit and how they this or that.  Now if they are rapping in the form of story telling or making a concept album it is fine to me but don't try to trick people into believing your this and think I will listen to your album.  Most people become fans not just because of the music, but the persona of the person who's making the music.  So these two factor in whether you like it or not. 

Hip Hop is the streets.  What kills Hip Hop to me is when you try to make it commercial and appealing to the masses, majority (which is probably YOU!).

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2008, 04:59:43 PM »

It shouldn't matter if they weren't claiming to be street reputable rappers but they are.  Damn near every song they make they talking about street shit and how they this or that.  Now if they are rapping in the form of story telling or making a concept album it is fine to me but don't try to trick people into believing your this and think I will listen to your album.  Most people become fans not just because of the music, but the persona of the person who's making the music.  So these two factor in whether you like it or not. 

Hip Hop is the streets.  What kills Hip Hop to me is when you try to make it commercial and appealing to the masses, majority (which is probably YOU!).
hip hop is the most commercial music form, ever since mid 90s! and dont put concept album and hip hop in the same sentence, concept albums doesnt mean talking about the same thing over and over on different songs

Deeez Nuuuts

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2008, 05:45:47 PM »
i wouldn't fuck with Rick Ross knowing that Noreaga owes him a hundred favors

WestCoasta

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2008, 12:05:12 AM »
 :'(