Author Topic: Kobe on playing in Europe- "I'd go".  (Read 1216 times)

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
Re: Kobe on playing in Europe- "I'd go".
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2008, 04:00:03 AM »
It was a joke, stop it. No teams in Italy have money enought to pay him more than 1 million per year. Maybe with the right sponsor they can offer him 2-3 millions, but that's about it. LOL.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2008, 01:29:22 PM »
It was a joke, stop it. No teams in Italy have money enought to pay him more than 1 million per year. Maybe with the right sponsor they can offer him 2-3 millions, but that's about it. LOL.

If a team did happen to offer him a $50 mill per year contract, you know theyd make the money back right away, right?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2008, 01:37:06 PM »
I think once he sets his legacy in the NBA, you could see him in Europe. Instead of holding on too long, I could see Kobe in Europe at the age of 34-35, until he decides to quit playing.

lol he's not stupid

you don't leave the L.a. Lakers to go play in GReece  ::)

his talking Italy, where he grew up.

still, you don't do that lol.

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2008, 01:34:31 AM »

If a team did happen to offer him a $50 mill per year contract, you know theyd make the money back right away, right?

HOW??

im sorry mate but basketball isnt that popular in europe...and the people that do watch it watch the nba...i couldnt even name the name of a european basketball league let alone a team

they wouldnt recoup on shirt sales...because out side of the region the clubs based they would have next to no fans

there attendance wouldnt change dramatically as they simply dont have the capacity even if the demmand was there

im sure kobe is great at what he does...in fact hes too good for the european leagues...its like cristiano ronaldo goin to play in the MLS...even if he wanted to it wont happen unless he takes a pay cut

which lets face it if he wanted to play there that bad he would

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2008, 10:44:01 AM »

HOW??

im sorry mate but basketball isnt that popular in europe...and the people that do watch it watch the nba...i couldnt even name the name of a european basketball league let alone a team

they wouldnt recoup on shirt sales...because out side of the region the clubs based they would have next to no fans

there attendance wouldnt change dramatically as they simply dont have the capacity even if the demmand was there

im sure kobe is great at what he does...in fact hes too good for the european leagues...its like cristiano ronaldo goin to play in the MLS...even if he wanted to it wont happen unless he takes a pay cut

I don't think you understand... The interest in Euroleague would DRASTICALLY increase if this happened. Basketball is a lot more popular in Europe than soccer is in the US. I mean, Euroleague is getting big as it is...add a name like Kobe into the mix, and interest automatically doubles, if not triples...PeACe

smegma

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2008, 10:48:09 AM »

HOW??

I don't think you understand... The interest in Euroleague would DRASTICALLY increase if this happened. Basketball is a lot more popular in Europe than soccer is in the US. I mean, Euroleague is getting big as it is...add a name like Kobe into the mix, and interest automatically doubles, if not triples...PeACe

lol, you overestimate Kobe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2008, 12:53:32 PM »

HOW??

lol, you overestimate Kobe

It has nothing to do with Kobe...it'd be the same shit if LeBron came.

smegma

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2008, 01:23:23 AM »
It has nothing to do with Kobe...it'd be the same shit if LeBron came.

:loco:

And I'm the Pope.

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2008, 04:02:05 PM »
ok if thats what you believe...im guessing financing and market research isnt your strong point

and thanks for telling me whats popular in europe i wouldnt have a clue otherwise ::)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2008, 05:45:35 PM »
LMAO@the Euros who don't understand how huge it would be...

smegma

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2008, 02:09:48 AM »

LMAO @ you who thinks the NBA (stars) is bigger than it actually is

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2008, 04:12:01 AM »

Man i'm italian, i'm a Laker fan, a Kobe Bryant fan, and i follow italian basketball. Trust me: there's no way a team in Europe can offer $50 mill per year. Maybe 5, but i don't even guarrantee that.

Kobe was just making fun of journalists.

It's like Drogba saying: "If a team in the Ivory Coast offers me € 10 mlns i'd go there"

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2008, 04:15:27 AM »

HOW??

True. The only problem is that not even the whole Euroleague (i mean immagine all the top-teams in Europe making an offer for Kobe) can offer 50 millions! We don't have that money to invest for a basketball player. Simple as that.

Maybe we can offer Kobe a contract when he retires from the NBA. Like we did to Dominique Wilkins, Bob McAdoo, George Gervin, etc..

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2008, 04:17:47 AM »
^^^thats what i was sayin lol

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2008, 04:19:24 AM »

Yeah, but you are missing the point.

Even Drogba and Eto'o playing in an African Champions Leauge could be huge for them. But there's no team in Africa with enought money to make a real offer to them.

Kobe in Italy could be devastating. And LeBron in Greece/Russia too. But there are no teams who have money enought to make a real offer to them.

The only way Kobe can play in Italy is if he decides to come here basically for free (i mean for 2-3 millions, max 5). Same for LeBron.

They can do it, why not. But i don't see it happening, lol. Not now that they are in their prime. Maybe at the end of their NBA careers....
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 04:24:02 AM by Antonio »