Author Topic: Which franchise rules your city?  (Read 392 times)

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
Re: Which franchise rules your city?
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2008, 11:01:54 AM »
Ok...SO can we agree that if your fuckin city had to choose one team it would be the Lakers??
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2008, 12:29:37 PM »
Ok...SO can we agree that if your fuckin city had to choose one team it would be the Lakers??

lol theyll never stop. u got the worlds biggest Dodger fan....and NIK, need i say more?

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2008, 12:29:46 PM »
if i had to choose i would go with the Dodgers...

only because....

there is nothing like going to Dodger game on a nice summer night having some beers and dodger dogs and hanging out with your homies and taking in a good game.

much better than most Laker games i been too.... and also going to a Dodger Game is much cheaper than going to a Laker game....

so me personally id rather do that.

now dont get me wrong... i like going to Laker games and all but i cant do it as often because its more expensive... but they are fun and love going as well...

but i guess there is just something about being at Dodger Stadium...

For me LA is just as much a Dodger town as it is a Laker town.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2008, 03:37:30 PM »
that whole angel thing is a recent phenomena. i have cousins in Alta Loma that i stayed the summer with and we went to a couple of quake /lake elsinor storm/ angel games (back when they had chillie davis, tim salmon, jim edmonds, jt snow [went to the game where that bitch got cracked with a bat])  and it was pretty empty and you saw a lot of dodger apparel out there  as well. when the angels started winning and got that world series win, it was like clipper fans coming out when they made the playoffs.

I agree... in the 90's when I went to an Angels game, they said there were 16,000, and honestly I think they added a couple thousand more. But the whole Angel thing proves that now the Dodgers are not untouchable, and in fact replaceable, and that the Lakers own LA. I've been to Dodger Stadium in a summer day, and let me say this, there is nothing like Baseball in a nice summer day. Live outdoor baseball in general might be the best experience in sports. The Twins in a dome sucks ass, Football is too big (though I'm going off my Raider memories which are now like 15 years old... lol) and basketball is cool except it's all indoors. So yes, baseball in general is a great live sport. With that said, the Lakers still beat the Dodgers in LA, and in greater LA, and on top of that, basketball is much better to watch on tv than baseball. Basketball has better action, baseball is puts people to sleep.

If LA had to chose, I now at least the IE would go with the Lakers... case close

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2008, 05:09:13 PM »
The only people who wanna claim that LA is as much a Dodger town as it is a Laker town are hardcore Dodger fans, and even they know deep down that the Lakers are easily more popular out here... come on, now. lets be real.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2008, 09:33:49 PM »
i consider myself more of a laker fan than a dodger fan, but i'd still say that it's just as much of a dodger town

plus LA is one of the sketchiest , EN VOUGE towns in the world. so the statement that dodgers make with their fans and NOT BEING THAT GOODn says a lot. of corse the lakers have a lot of fans....they're always winning, but take away that luster and it's hard to say that they'd still have the same loyalty

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Elano

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2008, 10:29:06 PM »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2008, 12:59:02 PM »
i consider myself more of a laker fan than a dodger fan, but i'd still say that it's just as much of a dodger town

plus LA is one of the sketchiest , EN VOUGE towns in the world. so the statement that dodgers make with their fans and NOT BEING THAT GOODn says a lot. of corse the lakers have a lot of fans....they're always winning, but take away that luster and it's hard to say that they'd still have the same loyalty

Laker fans have always been loyal...even in the Sedale Threatt days, we always sold out. Dodgers are big, don't get me wrong, but LA is clearly a Laker town. your opinion coming from Bakersfield doesn't really hold much weight on this issue.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2008, 08:29:59 PM »

Laker fans have always been loyal...even in the Sedale Threatt days, we always sold out. Dodgers are big, don't get me wrong, but LA is clearly a Laker town. your opinion coming from Bakersfield doesn't really hold much weight on this issue.

as I said, my opinion comes from San Bernardino/Riverside were I see as many Dodger hats as Angels hats. But everyone is a Laker's fan.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2008, 08:48:48 PM »

actually it does seeing how i was born and raised in santa monica, plus bakersfield's sports taste is identical to those of Los Angeles.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2008, 10:23:20 PM »

actually it does seeing how i was born and raised in santa monica, plus bakersfield's sports taste is identical to those of Los Angeles.

BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!

I'm from San Bernardino and never would I say our taste is like LA's. We have way less loyalty to LA and are willing to go with Orange County teams if need be. Orange County is closer to LA than Bakersfield and you know they have less Dodger fans. Bakersfield gave everyone the Baka Boyz, then has never done shit for Cali. San Bernardino is closer to LA than Bakersfield, and we have different taste in sports than LA. Face facts dogg, you don't rep LA.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2008, 10:31:14 PM »
Montreal Canadiens

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2008, 11:12:46 PM »

BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!

I'm from San Bernardino and never would I say our taste is like LA's. We have way less loyalty to LA and are willing to go with Orange County teams if need be. Orange County is closer to LA than Bakersfield and you know they have less Dodger fans. Bakersfield gave everyone the Baka Boyz, then has never done shit for Cali. San Bernardino is closer to LA than Bakersfield, and we have different taste in sports than LA. Face facts dogg, you don't rep LA.

1. i like how i'm the only one who knows and has lived in all three places.

2. i never said San Berdoo was identical to LA,i said BAKERSFIELD Was,  however mr. minnesota, LA sports are still more popular over there than the homegrown sports. that's a fact that i can't believe you'd even try to debate, the angels could win it all this year and the dodgers would still be more popular than the quake/lake elsinor storm/angels combined. the only thing that's more popular out there than the LA team is the Ducks and you can thank Disney for that one,lol.

3. bakersfield's sports preferences is the EXACT same as los angeles'  . in most part because most of the growth in bakersfield is all the influx of LA people moving here. baseketball= lakers with no real 2nd ever baseball=dodgers with only the old school bakersfield dodgers 2nd football college has been USC before carson palmer ever threw his first pass and the only split here is Raiders......then a far second niners

4. bakersfield and kern county has given much more than you realize, for one we've given birth to probably the greatest mexican american ever....Caesar Chavez.One of the former cheif justices Earl warren and Former Gov. of california as well,  2 of the top 5 country music artists of all time have been from bakersfield. the most influencial metal band of the 90's , Korn is all from here, Gold's Gym......thank you bakersfield native Ric Drasin, home to the MEARS family and the Harvick family of NASCAR and other professional motorsport leagues, Many of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays are from the BAkersfield Blaze, BC is the #1 junior college in California, Frank Gifford hall of fame NFL player, Brock Marion superbowl Champion, Joey Porter superbowl champ and Probowler, Gold Medalist Stephen Neal who also plays for the NE patriots, David Carr was the #1 pick in the NFL draft and the first Texan player ever pretty much, The FIRST AFrican American boxer Jack Johnson, Larsen Jenson olympic medalist in 2004 and 2008, BHS  and EBHS are considered the two of the top high school programs in california. Plus many many many many many many many many many many many MANY flims are filmed here as well.

so i wouldn't really say that the whack ass Baka boys is all we've given california

98 miles north of Los Angeles>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Michigan.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 11:22:36 PM by Don Jacob »