Author Topic: The Official NFL Thread  (Read 9106 times)

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official NFL Thread
« Reply #285 on: October 12, 2008, 04:06:21 PM »
reverse to delani walker? get the fuck outta here...O'Sullivan is a fuckin bum

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #286 on: October 12, 2008, 04:06:33 PM »

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #287 on: October 12, 2008, 04:20:01 PM »
Attn: Bay Area folks, 12 pack of Bohiema and a pack of Camel Crush to the first guy to put O'sullivans charred/dismembered body on display in front of Candlestick.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #288 on: October 12, 2008, 05:39:02 PM »
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #289 on: October 13, 2008, 08:40:17 PM »
I just got home from work. LMFAO @ the Giants.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #290 on: October 14, 2008, 02:09:03 PM »
^i might have been the only person in the world to call the Browns upset the G-Men. 8)

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #291 on: October 15, 2008, 03:32:22 PM »
^^I bet $10 on the Browns to win straight up and won $30 because of the moneyline. That was their 1st Monday Night game in forever, they were coming off a bye week, it was like it was their Super Bowl. We'll see if that sparks them for the rest of the season or if it's just a fluke.

Arizona got themselves a real nice win as well, they got screwed on a few calls and made some mistakes that let Dallas push it to OT, but they kept fighting and pulled it off.

I think Atlanta has been the most surprising team this year, I didn't expect too much from them but they play tough defense and put last year's mess behind them. It was a smart move to let D Hall leave, he is overrated, and their young corners now can ball.

The 49ers have been tough this year, they are always in the thick of the game but they haven't come close to playing a complete game (The Lions don't count as a real opponent). They need to do a better job converting in the red zone, and this is a spot where you figure Vernon Davis could really be a factor. They got screwed by that missed FG last week that was ruled good, but it shouldn't have come to that. The defense is too predictable, Nolan keeps going with the Nickel D, taking our talented LB's out of it. We need to use Lawson on more blitzes, and Michael Lewis from the safety spot. O'Sullivan missing that screen to Davis was huge, but I can't blame him. We don't have a great QB on our roster, and we need to give Gore and either Foster or Robinson more carries.
I got a bird's eye view

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #292 on: October 15, 2008, 03:53:24 PM »
We don't have a great QB on our roster, and we need to give Gore and either Foster or Robinson more carries.
word,wtf was martz thinkin bout? throwin on 1st and 2nd down way too fuckin much. gore is they key to the whole fuckin offense and then straight up abandoning the run,when we were still up on them. i could go on and on but imma just say that the playcallin was suspect as fuck. its obvious we cant rely on osullivan to win games. the offense goes through gore and that will soften up the d so jt can look up field,lets just hope he doesnt fuck it up. the stats say the o-line isnt protectin jt but his ass is holdin the ball way to fuckin long and hes not gettin the ball out. im not even gonna start with his decision making as far as throwin the ball goes. they are playin competitive so at least they arent rollin over for anyone.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #293 on: October 15, 2008, 04:03:14 PM »
Exactly right. If the Eagles had been stopping Gore, then I could have understood that reverse and screen that we lost yardage on. But they our best player had been ripping up chunks of yardage and time against them, keep going with it until they stop it. O'Sullivan does hold the ball at times, but that's better than getting picked. He has surprised me when he runs the ball, I didn't know he had wheels like that. We can upset the Giants, but we will have to play great, the Giants are focused and angry after their loss to the Browns.

If this continues, what should the 49ers do about the QB position? Do they go after a free agent or trade? Any college players look enticing?
I got a bird's eye view

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #294 on: October 15, 2008, 04:29:38 PM »
Exactly right. If the Eagles had been stopping Gore, then I could have understood that reverse and screen that we lost yardage on. But they our best player had been ripping up chunks of yardage and time against them, keep going with it until they stop it. O'Sullivan does hold the ball at times, but that's better than getting picked. He has surprised me when he runs the ball, I didn't know he had wheels like that. We can upset the Giants, but we will have to play great, the Giants are focused and angry after their loss to the Browns.

If this continues, what should the 49ers do about the QB position? Do they go after a free agent or trade? Any college players look enticing?
your right he does have decent mobility. i wish he would use it more, and your right a sack is way better than a pick. i just wish he could recognize when he needs to just throw it away.

your also right about the need to get our LB's involved more. we have the talent there(willis is the truth!) its not bein used properly.

the G-Men will not take us lightly this week after the loss the clvd so we need be on our A-game and run,run,run and protect the ball and we have a chance

as far as the qb spot goes...i have no idea. unless its a big move for a quality qb, i say we just deal with what we have and make the best of it. fuck bringin in a another journey-man type. that will only take from the cap and we will be in the same situation we are in now. as far as college qb's go i cant call it cause i gotta admit i dont watch college ball whatsoever. but i am weary of the draft after the disappointment that was alex smith.

the peices are comin together we just have to wait

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #295 on: October 15, 2008, 04:51:30 PM »
I agree about picking up a journeyman, there's not a whole lot of options. There are situations in Miami, Philly, Cleveland and Arizona where they have a young QB on the bench that they might be willing to trade or let the veteran go, but I'm not too sure about any of those options. Picking a QB out of the draft would be tough, I'm not sure I see a guy who is ready to have instant success. Matt Ryan has been effective for the Falcons this year, but he had a lot of college experience and you could tell he was a winner if you watched him at all. This year, the top options most people talk about are Tim Tebow, Sam Bradford, Mark Sanchez, and Matt Stafford. Bradford has probably looked most like the sure thing, but it could be just because the talent around him is so good. I think they should probably look for a mid-round pick to develop over time. O'Sullivan or Shaun Hill should be decent enough to hold it over for a while if JT can hold on to the ball.
I got a bird's eye view

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #296 on: October 16, 2008, 04:15:15 PM »
Polamalu says NFL's fines for hits more about money, not player safety

ESPN.com news services

Updated: October 16, 2008, 4:32 PM ET

* Comment
    * Email
    * Print

Polamalu Criticizes The NFL And Mark Schlereth Agrees

Troy Polamalu is usually soft-spoken off the field, hard-hitting on it. The recent rash of fines leveled at his Pittsburgh Steelers teammates has caused him to take a shot at the NFL, however.

The Steelers safety suggested Wednesday that the NFL is leveling fines for hits more for its own interest than that of the players.

"I think regarding the evolution of football, it's becoming more and more flag football, two-hand touch," Polamalu said. "We've really lost the essence of what real American football is about. I think it's probably all about money. They're not really concerned about safety."

The Steelers have asked the NFL to clarify why Hines Ward, one of the league's best blocking wide receivers, was fined $15,000 the past two games for unnecessary roughness despite not being penalized.

Ward was fined $10,000 following the Steelers' 26-21 win at Jacksonville on Oct. 5, a week after drawing a $5,000 fine for a play in which he stepped over Baltimore cornerback Corey Ivy on Sept. 29. Ward did not draw a penalty on either play.

Troy Polamalu
When you see guys like Dick Butkus, the Ronnie Lotts, the Jack Tatums, these guys really went after people. Now, they couldn't survive in this type of game. They wouldn't have enough money. They'd be paying fines all the time and they'd be suspended for a year after they do it two games in a row. It's kind of ridiculous.

-- Troy Polamalu

Also following the Jacksonville game, Steelers linebacker James Harrison was fined $20,000 for criticizing referee Brian Winter for calling a roughing-the-passer penalty against him. Two other Steelers also drew fines for that game, safety Ryan Clark $7,500 for unnecessary roughness -- a late hit -- and wide receiver Nate Washington $7,500 for taunting. Among the four players, the one-game fines totaled $45,000.

"It's starting to cost too much money to come to work for these guys," coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday.

Tomlin said he planned to call the NFL office about the Ward fines, and team chairman Dan Rooney wrote a letter questioning why Ward was fined.

"We want to be a team and he [Ward] wants to be a player who plays the game the way it's supposed to be played, the way our league wants it to be played," Tomlin said. "We respect that. But we need a little clarity in that situation."

Polamalu said that football's essence is being taken away with the NFL's heavy-handed penalties, saying football "just loses so much of its essence when it becomes like a pansy game."

Polamalu said that past NFL greats wouldn't be able to play the way that made them great in today's game.

"When you see guys like Dick Butkus, the Ronnie Lotts, the Jack Tatums, these guys really went after people," Polamalu told reporters. "Now, they couldn't survive in this type of game. They wouldn't have enough money. They'd be paying fines all the time and they'd be suspended for a year after they do it two games in a row. It's kind of ridiculous."

However, Polamalu made it clear he doesn't defend players who take cheap shots.

"I didn't mean being cheap, but [those who] don't take anything from anybody," Polamalu said. "Know what I mean? Joe Greene wouldn't take anything from anybody. Joey Porter wouldn't. When people came to our field, they knew this was our home field. Nobody was going to mess with us. ... That's the type of attitude I think is really awesome."

speak on it homie...nfl's gettin soft

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #297 on: October 19, 2008, 04:26:50 PM »
Jay Feely! your my hero!!! :-*

BRETT, THAT WAS A FUCKIN BEAUTIFUL GAME TYING DRIVE, but w/o the winning drive, nobody cares.

Lunatic

« Reply #298 on: October 19, 2008, 07:56:58 PM »
6-0 BABY!  8) 8) 8)
 ;D ;D ;D
 ;) ;) ;)
 :) :) :)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #299 on: October 19, 2008, 08:55:57 PM »
I see you Luna. This season is going great but its even better considering how poeple were sayin we were gonna be garbage and underrating us this season. After we beat up these pussy ass Colts next week we got the division and the AFC in the palm of our hands.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will