Author Topic: The Official European Basketball thread  (Read 228 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: The Official European Basketball thread
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2008, 10:12:48 AM »
so as a #16 seed (therefore playing the best teams via seeding) they'd definetely make it to Final 4

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 03:10:47 AM »
Maccabi=best team in Europe.

Imho it's CSKA Moscow. They have what i consider the best coach in Europe and def one of the best coaches in the whole world (NBA included): italian coach Ettore Messina. A genius. Anyway Maccabi is probably the 2nd best team right now (and my fav non-italian team) and is with CSKA the team who dominated the last 5-6 years in Europe.

I dunno about that after the acquisition of Carlos Arroyo...

CSKA Moscow is trying to sign Ben Gordon, lol.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 03:11:23 AM »
so as a #16 seed (therefore playing the best teams via seeding) they'd definetely make it to Final 4

No fucking doubt.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2008, 02:51:17 PM »

Imho it's CSKA Moscow. They have what i consider the best coach in Europe and def one of the best coaches in the whole world (NBA included): italian coach Ettore Messina. A genius. Anyway Maccabi is probably the 2nd best team right now (and my fav non-italian team) and is with CSKA the team who dominated the last 5-6 years in Europe.

More chances of Kobe going to Italy...

'EclipZe

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2008, 01:11:44 AM »

lol.. that would be big if they sign gordon

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2008, 04:21:50 PM »

Another article about Ben Gordon has surfaced. According to greek website contra.gr the CSKA Moscow has made an offer to the NBA superstar of 5.5 million dollars per year whereas Gordon seems to want more a bit more, around 7 million dollars to match the contract the Childress got from Olympiakos.

The jamaican shooting guard was born in London and that gives him a dual nationality, so he has both jamaican and british nationalities and he is also a member of the British National Team. Gordon rejected an offer earlier this year from the Chicago Bulls for 6.4 million dollars. Although if you take into consideration the NBA taxation system that would leave him less than 4 million dollars in net profit.

The article says that the whole matter will have ended by Wednesday and Ben Gordon will give his final answer. He was the leading scorer of the Chicago Bulls last season averaging 18.6 points 3.1 rebounds and 3 assists in 72 games.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 08:14:42 PM »
CSKA GM dismisses rumors about Ben Gordon

Soviet Sport published an article today that tries to decypher the situation about Ben Gordon.

Soviet Sport says that they contacted Nikos Zabaras, a basketball reporter of the greek newspaper Fos and asked him about the article that was published on contra.gr about Ben Gordon. Nikos Zabaras said that the agent of Ben Gordon wanted the article published on contra.gr in order to increase the projected salary of his client. He also said that the player was offered to other NBA teams but only under his conditions and that CSKA was willing to pay him 5.5 million dollars per year. Finally the greek correspondent said that CSKA and Ben Gordon are still in negotiations.

So Soviet Sport decided to speak to the big man of CSKA Moscow, general manager Andrey Vatutin who eloquently said: "This whole thing is a dirty trick of the newspapers, we are NOT in negotiations with Ben Gordon. At the moment all of our staff are currently on holiday. I'm personally on holidays in France and I haven't heard anything about Ben Gordon."

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2008, 04:34:52 AM »
Rumors about CSKA and Kirilenko

Today morning krepsinis.net published an article about Andrei Kirilenko(2.06-F) and a potential interest of CSKA for the player known as "AK-47". This comes to pair with the rumors that circulated regarding Ben Gordon and CSKA a few weeks ago. The article says that CSKA wants to offer Kirilenko a contract to rival that of other NBA stars and what seems to be the appeal in this case for CSKA is that Kirilenko, doesn't occupy the position of non-russian player, which allows CSKA to keep him in the roster at all times, the same reason they got Khryapa and Khaun,i.e. to get ahead of the competition. It also says that this might be the reason that Kirilenko has not renewed with the Utah Jazz yet.

Kirilenko is one of the best european players in the NBA at the moment and certainly the best russian player out there at the moment. Last season he averaged 11 points 3.4 rebounds 2.5 assists and 1.5 blocks in 72 games in the regular season for the Utah Jazz.