Author Topic: DUBCNN: Arabian Prince (NWA) Talks To Dubcnn! (Dr. Dre/Ice Cube/Eazy-E)  (Read 266 times)

Chad

Dubcnn is bringing you an exclusive interview with original NWA member Arabian Prince. After helping NWA put people in the Panic Zone and giving them Something 2 Dance 2, Prince ultimately decided to go at it solo, and has had a very successful journey. Most people recall Ice Cube as being the first to leave the group over finances, mismanagement and creative differences, but actually Arabian Prince aka Professor X was the first to leave due to those circumstances.

Arabian Prince sits down with Chad Kiser and discusses life before N.W.A., getting connected with Dr. Dre, Eazy-E and Ice Cube to form the pioneering gangsta rap group, why he chose to leave the group just before they made it big, and gives us some info about his new projects Professor X and Electro Funk Xperiment.

So join us for another peek back into time, as we go old school on you once again! As always, we encourage you drop your feedback and comments on the forums or by e-mailing feedback and comments to chad@dubcnn.com.

http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/arabianprince/
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: DUBCNN: Arabian Prince (NWA) Talks To Dubcnn! (Dr. Dre/Ice Cube/Eazy-E)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 09:02:08 AM »
props for this feature  :)

Dubcnn: You left NWA just before Staight Outta Compton came out. Why?

A lot of people ask me that, and it is simple: I was the only member who had a solo career before the group, and I knew how much money we were supposed to be getting. We were not getting paid right and I was not about to get ripped off a second time, so I bounced. Biz is biz and I knew I would make more money as a solo artist; fame ain't shit when you not gettin paid.

Dubcnn: No doubt! What were your thoughts on the response and attention that were soon garnered by N.W.A? Was there a sense of resentment, or second thoughts about leaving the group?

No resentment at all! I was cool and still am cool with everyone. As I said, biz is biz, and the same reason I left eventually became the downfall of the group.

Dubcnn: Being that you were the first one to bounce, what did you make of the subsequent N.W.A "break-Up"? Did you see that coming?

Yes, I did. If you are selling millions of records, but don't have the millions to show for it, are you just gonna hang around just because you got a name and fame? I think not, you’re gonna wise up, bounce and get paid.

:nawty: no, he just wanted a bigger slice of the cake.

and NWA fell apart due to greed, when you think about it.

Chad

Re: DUBCNN: Arabian Prince (NWA) Talks To Dubcnn! (Dr. Dre/Ice Cube/Eazy-E)
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 02:41:56 PM »
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser