Author Topic: Ice Cube's We Be Clubbin- A Gift or A Curse?  (Read 494 times)

D-Stress

Re: Ice Cube's We Be Clubbin- A Gift or A Curse?
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2008, 11:01:42 PM »
Pro: Cube gained some new fans perhaps.

Con: (most of) his core listeners hate it. His club flow is wik wik wak  :-X :-[ :-\ >:(

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2008, 11:20:00 PM »
For the record I am a fan of this track.

Looking back at Cube's career now that Raw Footage is prepared to drop, I always wondered a couple of things if they were done differently how his career would be looked at. And most of it has to do with this track, so hear me out.

Pros

It was a HUGE club banger. One of Cube all time biggest hits. Kind of like Snoop's Drop It Like It's Hot. When you think of his greatest hits, We Be Clubbin may not come up but off of spins it is up there.

Got Cube a larger fanbase. Women love him anyways but now he had the club banger to add to it.

Cons

It's success almost seems like a safety net for Cube. I cannot find the article but for example, the Peace Disc was supposed to be Raw Footage before it was even a thought. It was to have more social commentary and tackle political issues. And it was supposed to come out 6 months after the War Disc. Instead it got delayed and we get a album with a bunch of club bangers (not all a bad thing) and more uptempo bouncy tracks. I am all for balance on albums, but at times it seems like a WBC or a You Can Do It look like a easier route for Cube to go to have success. Just a observation.

Good observation. I never really thought about it although I always felt those songs weren't really his style.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

smegma

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2008, 11:37:49 PM »
Wait... there are people who don't like We Be Clubbin?? ???

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2008, 12:13:17 AM »
For the record I am a fan of this track.

Looking back at Cube's career now that Raw Footage is prepared to drop, I always wondered a couple of things if they were done differently how his career would be looked at. And most of it has to do with this track, so hear me out.

Pros

It was a HUGE club banger. One of Cube all time biggest hits. Kind of like Snoop's Drop It Like It's Hot. When you think of his greatest hits, We Be Clubbin may not come up but off of spins it is up there.

Got Cube a larger fanbase. Women love him anyways but now he had the club banger to add to it.

Cons

It's success almost seems like a safety net for Cube. I cannot find the article but for example, the Peace Disc was supposed to be Raw Footage before it was even a thought. It was to have more social commentary and tackle political issues. And it was supposed to come out 6 months after the War Disc. Instead it got delayed and we get a album with a bunch of club bangers (not all a bad thing) and more uptempo bouncy tracks. I am all for balance on albums, but at times it seems like a WBC or a You Can Do It look like a easier route for Cube to go to have success. Just a observation.

cube is notorious for talking shit ;)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2008, 07:03:42 AM »
we be clubbin was cool  ...and dont believe everything rappers say   

Okka

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2008, 02:47:26 PM »
It's a good track, i like it. The Remix is sick too.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2008, 01:57:50 PM »
one of my favorite tracks from ice cube
I wish he made an album full of club bangers, it would sell like hot cakes