Author Topic: Dubcnn A Woman's Touch: The Shiré Interview  (Read 485 times)

jonathandubcnn

Dubcnn A Woman's Touch: The Shiré Interview
« on: August 24, 2008, 12:31:25 PM »

Singer Shiré is all too familiar with the feeling of her dreams slipping through the fateful hands of someone else’s fingers, after suffering a broken record deal when she was only a teenager. Shiré (pronounced “sha-ray”) was once a part of the first female group ever to be signed to Def Soul/Def Jam Records and made her debut on Dru-Hill’s second album on a duet with R&B singer, Sisqo. Both her group LovHer and Sisqo, the group’s founder, were later dropped from the label due to internal problems within. Shiré went on to feature on several platinum rap artist albums, such as DMX, Cam’ron and Method Man as well as a landing a single on the Rush Hour 2 soundtrack.

Rediscovered by Steve Rifkin and now signed to SRC/Universal Motown, Shiré is preparing her debut album Pickin’ up Da Pieces, slated to be released early 2009, and is busy promoting her controversial single “Used To LovHer” as well as her just-released debut single "Movin' On," produced by Midi Mafia and J. "Supa" Stokes for Hot City Music Group.

Shiré speaks with Dubcnn as part of A Woman’s Touch, a special Dubcnn series created to shine light on some key players of the female gender who have shaken our world of hip-hop and urban music -- and made it a better place. Oh yeah, you’ve got to check her shoutout, she sang a lil something for Dubcnn. Click the link below to read her exclusive interview.

A Woman's Touch: The SHIRÉ Interview

As always, hit me up on MySpace or email me at haywire@dubcnn.com and we urge you to leave feedback on our forums.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 12:43:03 PM by jonathandubcnn »

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dubcnn A Woman's Touch: The Shiré Interview
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 12:38:20 PM »
I remember that How It's Gonna Be song was nice. Midi Mafia? I'll check her debut single.

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 11:48:17 PM »
Props Jon!

People shouldnt sleep on this Womans Touch series!

www.dubcnn.com/features/awomanstouch

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

smegma

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 08:58:42 AM »
Nice interview! :) I remember LovHer from back in the days. I have an advance of their album laying around somewhere. That was a really nice record. Too bad it was never released.

Here's a suggestion for another interview: ERICKA YANCEY!
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=74747236

jonathandubcnn

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 09:27:56 AM »
We have a lot of cool things coming with this feature.  A Woman's Touch on Dubcnn is bringing some cool things here...  8)

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 04:20:16 PM »
Nice interview! :) I remember LovHer from back in the days. I have an advance of their album laying around somewhere. That was a really nice record. Too bad it was never released.

Here's a suggestion for another interview: ERICKA YANCEY!
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=74747236

I'd like to have that advance album, could you PM me that sometime if you can find it?

~Loyalty Is Everything~