Author Topic: G.A.T  (Read 105 times)

Dusan123

• 'G'
G.A.T
« on: September 03, 2008, 12:33:25 PM »
I went to the record store a few days ago and I randomly pick out a CD. It was by a group called G.A.T (Gangstas and Thugs) produced by Coolio. I saw it and was like "Man these guys like like real OG's." So I buy it and throw it in my car's CD player. Expecting some hard gangsta shit, I get this soft R&B shit. Then I'm like, "Weird song choice for the first song, hopefully the next one is better." And it wasn't, every song on it was soft and stupid.
So has anyone else heard of these guys? What do you think?
I'm a ten, you're just a fuckin' zero! - B-Real

D-Stress

Re: G.A.T
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 01:14:31 PM »
i saw that shit on vinyl back in the days but never heard it.you can hook us up with that shit.
who else is on the album?

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 01:33:06 PM »
they sang the hook on coolio's song 'i remember' f. j-ro....they were in the video, sum fat dude that looked like big boy (power 106)
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

BIGWORM

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 01:55:00 PM »
Lol yeah I remember that shit,,

One time this shit happened to me. I bought this cassette thinking it was a gangster album cause his name was "12 Guage" and the fucker turned out to be a booty rapper....

Dusan123

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 02:04:04 PM »
i saw that shit on vinyl back in the days but never heard it.you can hook us up with that shit.
who else is on the album?

I found this on Ebay

Track Listing
1. Endonisha
2. Doin' My Time
3. Just Another Day
4. Something's Going Wrong
5. Peace up on It
6. Momma Song
7. Smiling Faces Sometimes
8. Feelin' Blue
9. Young Black Killa
10. Shoot em Up
11. Gat
12. Thin Line Between Love and Hate
13. Body Lick - (bonus track)

Details
Contributing Artists:   Coolio
Distributor:   Universal Distribution
Recording Type:   Studio
Recording Mode:   Stereo
SPAR Code:   AAD

Album Notes
G.A.T. (Gangstas & Thugs): Tyrone "Tycco" Butterfield, Kenneth "Blue" Blue, Wesley "Snappz" Johnson III, Andrew "Drew Baby" Sanders.
Additional personnel: Stan "The Guitar Man" Jones (guitar, bass), Duane Robinson, Kevin Mort, Trae Rabb, Marvin McDaniel (guitar), James Akimoto (saxophone), Rasheed Mohammed (trombone), Cornelius Mimms (keyboards, bass), Oji Pierce, Mark Cross (keyboards), Doug Rasheed, Clint "Payback" Sands (bass), Arnita Porter (background vocals).
Producers: Doug Rasheed (tracks 1, 9-12); G. Love, Coolio (track 2); Brian Dobbs "The Wino" (track 3); Maurice "D.J. Moe" Thompson, Jay "Jay Supreme" Williams (track 4); The Sherrod Brothers (track 5); Oji Pierce (tracks 6-7); Lamar Calhoun (track 8); Wesley Johnson (track 13).
Engineers: Stoker (tracks 1-3, 6-7, 9-11); Bob Morse (tracks 4, 8, 13); Kevin Davis (track 5); Artwork (track 12).
Recorded at Cherokee Studios, Hollywood, California; Echo Sound Studios, Los Angeles, California; Two Guys In The Valley, Burbank, California; and Westlake Studios, West Hollywood, California.
All songs written or co-written by members of G.A.T. (Gangstas & Thugs) except "Smiling Faces Sometimes" (Barrett Strong/Norman Whitfield) and "Thin Line Between Love And Hate" (Robert Poindexter/Richard Poindexter/Jackie Members).

http://catalog.ebay.com/Just-Another-Day_008811122546_W0QQ_fclsZ1QQ_pidZ3570656QQ_tabZ1

$24.50 for a cassette. Was $12.99 for me.
I'm a ten, you're just a fuckin' zero! - B-Real