Author Topic: The Raiders.....  (Read 1255 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: The Raiders.....
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2008, 06:29:59 PM »
the Raiders no doubt played well enough to win this game. I just think it's a shame that McFadden isn't outshining their other RBs so far this year. they shoulda drafted WRs instead. early round WRs usually pan out better than early round RBs.
1 of the Raiders problems is they don't draft need.  You don't win superbowls if you don't draft needs.  Al Davis only cares about making the surprise headlines when it comes to drafting.  1 example, in 2000 they shoulda drafted Pennington or Julian Peterson at the 1st spot but wasted it on a kicker who misses easy field goals.  And also embarrasses left footed kickers.  Didnt' need McFadden but took him anyway.  They really needed Joe Thomas more, but didn't.  1 of the so many reasons the Raiders haven't won a SB in 25 years.

Oh yeah, the Raiders coulda won that game if they hadn't done a couple of stupid unnecessary penalties.  The hitting of the Jills player that got their DB ejected, & the WR that was taunting the DB by slowing down while he was going for a TD.  15 yards on Buffalo after the kickoff woulda took more time off the clock & maybe the late winnning FG wouldn't have happened.

it goes back to what I said about Al Davis. I think he has the intention of winning when these pics are made, but he doesnt listen to his coaches input on what will make the team successful. He thinks he knows best. We've taken players over the years that were on a "need" basis. Robert Gallery wasnt exactly a flashy pick for us in the first round. But we did need to sure up our offensive line. Gallery has been a bust IMO.

I like McFadden as a pick, because I do think he has the potential to be an elite back in this league. And with a young quarterback....you NEED a running game. If Fargas wouldnt have went down, our one-two punch at running back would be off the chain.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2008, 06:33:04 PM »
I just think it's a shame that McFadden isn't outshining their other RBs so far this year.
wtf? Mcfadden is one of the bright spots

I wouldn't say he's outshining their other RBs THAT much. look at the stats:

Darren McFadden  44 carries, 252 yards, 84.0 yds/game, 5.7 avg, 1 TD
Justin Fargas        27 carries, 140 yards, 70.0 yds/game, 5.2 avg, 1 TD
Michael Bush        30 carries, 145 yards, 48.3 yds/game, 4.8 avg, 1 TD   

3 games man...

Their yards per carry are great amongst the three. Fargas was a 1,000 yard rusher. At this pace, Mcfadden would be this year....in a running back by committee system. Pretty good to me. Not that on pace means much...im just sayin...
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2008, 07:34:18 PM »
well they got that all important 1 2 punch they need, now they need some linemen and some receivers

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2008, 07:48:00 PM »
al davis just needs to die. watch when that happens look for things to change for the better.

it depends man. As long as the NEW ownership at that time is good. There are negatives to having Al Davis as the owner. But there ARE some positives. Negative would be that he commands too much control of the team and the direction the team goes ON the field. He doesnt let his coaches coach, and therefor there is no respect from the players. BUT, I will give him this. He isnt one of those owners that sits back, spends as little money as possible, and is in it just for the money. He DOES spend the money to get good talent. He's just too much of a control freak to listen to the coaches input on what the team needs.
Any owner would be an upgrade over ALZHEIMER DAVIS.  Except the L.A. Kings owner Phil Anschutz, who's now the worst owner in all California, all sports.  Good talent?!  More like average talent that not even the elite teams or other sorry teams even want.  Hall, the Falcons fans don't miss him & Raiders fans won't miss him when he's gone.  Won't go into the other average/below talent ALZHEIMER'S overpaid since the mid 90's. 

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2008, 01:20:43 AM »
al davis just needs to die. watch when that happens look for things to change for the better.

it depends man. As long as the NEW ownership at that time is good. There are negatives to having Al Davis as the owner. But there ARE some positives. Negative would be that he commands too much control of the team and the direction the team goes ON the field. He doesnt let his coaches coach, and therefor there is no respect from the players. BUT, I will give him this. He isnt one of those owners that sits back, spends as little money as possible, and is in it just for the money. He DOES spend the money to get good talent. He's just too much of a control freak to listen to the coaches input on what the team needs.
Any owner would be an upgrade over ALZHEIMER DAVIS.  Except the L.A. Kings owner Phil Anschutz, who's now the worst owner in all California, all sports.  Good talent?!  More like average talent that not even the elite teams or other sorry teams even want.  Hall, the Falcons fans don't miss him & Raiders fans won't miss him when he's gone.  Won't go into the other average/below talent ALZHEIMER'S overpaid since the mid 90's. 

DeAngelo Hall has been a solid, pro bowl corner man. We'll see how the year plays out, but we have a formadible secondary. And I like the Gibril Wilson pick up too. Let me ask you this. Was their a better CB out there for us to pick up in free agency? Javon Walker and Tommy Kelly getting such big contracts are a mystery. But remember, when youre a franchise that has been performing as poorly as the Raiders have the last few years...you have to shell out even more money to get some of these players to come to your team. Its not like they were able to temp free agents with the idea of coming and winning a Superbowl this year.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2008, 02:54:56 PM »
from what ive seen Hall has failed to live up to the hype and to his outrageous paycheck. but like you said when your in a spot where you gotta make moves you gotta spend the money. like the niners and clements for another example.