Author Topic: THE WEST COAST SOUND IS DEAD AND WILL NEVER COME BACK !  (Read 664 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: THE WEST COAST SOUND IS DEAD AND WILL NEVER COME BACK !
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2008, 10:23:58 PM »
Don't agree with the thread. The West Coast sound isn't dead and buried. There is a difference between the West Coast music movement and wanting to bring back the 90's. You can't just keep going to the well with the same old shit. There is a difference between 70's P-Funk and G-Funk. There is a difference between The Chronic and 2001. It's a matter of inspiration, not uninspired imitation. If you have kids who grew up on 90's music, it will probably be prevelant in their style today. The West Coast doesn't need to start over from scratch but it does need to come up with some new ideas.

love33

Re: THE WEST COAST SOUND IS DEAD AND WILL NEVER COME BACK !
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2008, 12:32:13 AM »
I don't agree with the thread either.  Yeah it's not the 90's where the West runs every airwave and music video, but the Westcoast is making hits.  It's just that the hits mostly are coming from the OG West and not the newer artists.  The only newer West artist pumping out huge hits consistently is The Game and most of the other hits are coming from the vets.  Once we bring Eastwood and Ya Boy into the picture, we are going to have even more hits.  I would say that the West has a lot of artists that are weak and bring the coast down with negative uncreative singles that don't resemble the mainstream game or a club track that can actually draw some attention.  These artists that drop singles like "Grow Up" and diss the artists that make the coast shine deserve to be ignored and dusted off.  They are no good for anything except beef and negativity.  The West is learning how to have fun again if you look at the singles below, which people often forget, is what happened in the 90's.  The West was dropping fun records like "Gin and Juice," "You Can Do It," "U Know How We Do It," "Cocktales," "Let Me Ride," "Bitch Please," "Ain't No Bitches," "Been A Long Time," "I Got 5 On It," "X", "What's My Name," "California Love," "The Next Episode," "Xxplosive," "Who Ride Wit Us," "We Can Freak It," "How Do You Want It," etc.  Another great thing is that more of the West is starting to adapt to the current mainstream sound as you can see by the hits below and starting to make the fun club type records.

E-40 "Wake It Up"
DJ Felli Fel "The Finer Things"
DJ Felli Fel "Get Buck In Here"
The Game "Game's Pain" and "My Life"
Snoop "Sexual Seduction"
Snoop & Too Short "Life Of Da Party"
Too Short & Lil Jon w/ Shawty Putt "Dat Baby Don't Look Like Me"
Warren G ft. Ray J "Crush"
Glasses Malone, Rick Ross, Birdman, & T-Pain "Sun Come Up"
Baby Bash ft. Keith Sweat "Don't Stop"
Glasses Malone & Akon "Certified"
Glasses Malone & Lil Wayne "Haterz"