Author Topic: I realized something the other day about hip hop in the year 2008...  (Read 369 times)

penenstamp

The stuff artists/labels give out for free or sell on the internet is much better than what you can find in stores. This is not only about West Coast artists, but about artists from other regions too. Here are some good examples IMO:

Young De's Audio Hustlaz: This came out in January, I believe, and I still listen to this regularly. I hope his album does well and even if it sucks, I will buy it to support Young De.
T-Pain's "Pree Ringz" mixtape: Both of T-Pain's albums suck and "Three Ringz" will suck as well... but T-Pain is a good rapper, I think. I really liked "Pree Kingz".
Krayzie Bone's "Fixtape": Ok, they later sold it, but initially this was a free internet release. He showed other rappers how to kill beats from other rappers. Great mixtape!
TQ's online music: TQ dropped a lot of music online this year through Amazon.com, Snocap.com, etc. Some leftovers from "The Second Coming" are out now, as well as cuts from his unreleased Cash Money album. Songs like "4 Life", "Extasy Jones" (w/ Case)", "Nina", "Still...", "Them..." and "Dolce Vita" belong to the best of his catalog.
Westurn Union's House Shoe Music: The album doesn't have much replay value... a big contrast to the mixtape. When I see the album in stores I will purchase it to support Westurn Union.
Mikkey's Uncrowned King: This rapper is like a Chicago version of Crooked I... he doesn't seem to be able to drop wack stuff. If you like lyrical rappers (like Crooked I) definately check out this mixtape. It's dopeness all around!
Crooked I: He never dropped an album (and possibly never will, lol), but he is looked at by rap fans as one of the best MC's ever. All his music comes out for free and I'm not complaining... Crooked I never disappoints! :)
Glasses Malone's online music: I guarantee that (maybe apart from the Blu Division cuts) his two upcoming mixtapes will be better than his CMR album.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 03:32:19 AM by penenstamp »

Dj.Thirrzty

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Dj.Thirrzty - BigHouse Records'Artist/FutureStarDJ
Re: I realized something the other day about hip hop in the year 2008...
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 03:19:39 AM »
Yeah mikkey is dope, He needed an album on cmr-ah and baby dropped him huh? Crooked I still n-x-e-t imo.
DJ.THIRRZTY
OWNER:THIRRZTY BRAND ENT.
DJ: FUTURE STAR DJ'S
Arist: Big House Records
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/DJTHIRRZTY
http://www.datpiff.com/DJthirrzty-Tastemaker-Tonite-DJs-Future-Star-D-mid15174.html

penenstamp

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 03:26:12 AM »
Yeah mikkey is dope, He needed an album on cmr-ah and baby dropped him huh?

Yup... Him, Kanye and Rhymefest came up together in Chicago and he was the first to sign a major deal. Unfortunately he's now also the only one without an album out.

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 08:12:23 AM »
thats why i could care less about a crooked i album....dudes been givin out album quality material forever now for free.

ive reserved myself to the fact that a crooked i album wouldnt be able to live up to the hype

penenstamp

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 09:51:49 AM »
thats why i could care less about a crooked i album....dudes been givin out album quality material forever now for free.

ive reserved myself to the fact that a crooked i album wouldnt be able to live up to the hype

It would probably have a lot of songs with little to no replay value, like "Dream Big".

Jome

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 05:43:21 AM »
LOL, Crooked I turned into an industry joke.. a somewhat comical figure.
How the hell this dude running around talking about being the BOSS more than Rick Ross (Yeah, we get it already), and getting money all caked and cheesed up than a mothafo, "dad you didn't raise me, look at me now", etc.. look at what ?? What kind of boss can't even get his own album out for the 10+ years he been in the industry.. ???

That said, he never drops a wack/average verse, it's just that there's no replay value, because you heard all that B.O.S.S. talk before, and the few times he raps on original beats, the beat is usually average or poor. (And the beats he 'borrows' could be more original, usually he selects a beat that 20 rappers already freestyled on".
Some times he feels like a poor mans Pharoahe Monch.

Digression over

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 09:18:20 AM »
How the hell this dude running around talking about being the BOSS more than Rick Ross (Yeah, we get it already), and getting money all caked and cheesed up than a mothafo, "dad you didn't raise me, look at me now", etc.. look at what ?? What kind of boss can't even get his own album out for the 10+ years he been in the industry.. ???

That said, he never drops a wack/average verse, it's just that there's no replay value, because you heard all that B.O.S.S. talk before, and the few times he raps on original beats, the beat is usually average or poor. (And the beats he 'borrows' could be more original, usually he selects a beat that 20 rappers already freestyled on".

Digression over

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

hellrazor86

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • There Can Only Be One Don
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 10:29:12 AM »

Digression over

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

+1