Author Topic: Has crooked I gained or lost fans in the past few years?  (Read 481 times)

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

Re: Has crooked I gained or lost fans in the past few years?
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2008, 03:49:46 AM »

Both.

Crooked I gained hella fans with the HHW shit but after that no album. So people stop waiting on him cuz he about 30 years old, been around since the mid/late 90s and still no album out
so its like, "why should i even care?"

Dude needs to realize that he wont sell 200,000 and shit like that. Thats not happenin, especially in this era.

Maybe he's waiting on this era to die down but imo i think he a lil bit to old for that, OR he might be on Detox and figures he'll blow up that way and after that get better deals or something like that. I unno what the nigga thinkin.

I mean if G-Unit as a group sold 96,000 in their first week, Game, Jeezy and Nas sold 200,000+ in their theres no way Crooked I will sell more.

indeed +1

crook just needs to release his shit , people wanna hear it cause its gonna be top notch, some "future classics" right there.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

bullet_wrongkind

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2008, 05:40:47 AM »
he gained certainly more attention, sum haters and some new fans tho

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2008, 05:42:01 AM »
OR he might be on Detox and figures he'll blow up that way and after that get better deals or something like that.
Highly doubt this. He doesn't produce for game so why would he take Crooked on his record when Snoop basically hates him.

EFFeX

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2008, 07:42:49 AM »
My whole thing is, why does Crook NEED an album to be ill? I mean, yeah, he needs an album to make it in the mainstream, but that has nothing to do with skills. Man, I been listening to Crook since about '98 and since then he's dropped more music than most people drop in albums in their whole career. Not to mention the lyrical content/delivery has always been light years ahead of the industry.

With that being said... DROP THE ALBUM.  8)

Dome

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2008, 08:48:04 AM »

Both.

Crooked I gained hella fans with the HHW shit but after that no album. So people stop waiting on him cuz he about 30 years old, been around since the mid/late 90s and still no album out
so its like, "why should i even care?"

Dude needs to realize that he wont sell 200,000 and shit like that. Thats not happenin, especially in this era.

Maybe he's waiting on this era to die down but imo i think he a lil bit to old for that, OR he might be on Detox and figures he'll blow up that way and after that get better deals or something like that. I unno what the nigga thinkin.

I mean if G-Unit as a group sold 96,000 in their first week, Game, Jeezy and Nas sold 200,000+ in their theres no way Crooked I will sell more.

yeah

After the HHW finale the the boss webside had over 1 million users! The HHW buzz is over now !!! Crookeds management = :monkey_piss:

LOOOL

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 12:36:23 PM »
no

penenstamp

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2008, 12:43:22 PM »
I became a fan in the past few years and I don't understand why some people say that he doesn't really count if until he officially releases an album. This guy drops a lot of music for free and 90-95% of it is dope. To me he's one of the best rappers out there.

adamanthraxe

• 'G'
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2008, 02:01:19 PM »
Hes gained a lot of fans over the past year. I used to be one of the few people in my area who was regularly listening to CROOKED I, but now I run into a lot of people who listen to his HHW's and Mixtapes.

Brown Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I type with my dick so forgive me for the typos
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2008, 02:05:29 PM »
Whats the point of having he best lyrics if no one is listening?

love33

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2008, 01:00:06 AM »
Meanwhile, The Game is the one who saves the westcoast and brings it back, and personally tells everyone "I saved the Westcoast, not anyone else, I brought the Westcoast back."

This question keeps being asked but an answer never seems to come out of it. How can you say Game brought the West back when it isn't back? He pushed platinum and he's from Compton and reps the West and that's cool but how does that equal him bringing the West back? One artist doesn't make a whole region. There was a brief spark of momentum with Game and Snoop doing traditional West Coast albums following the success of Documentary but then both went and did their own thing on their albums after that. Since the Documentary dropped, who from the West has become a household name besides Game? Who has been signed to a blockbuster deal? Closest I can think of Glasses Malone and Bishop and their future is still uncertain.

Good point.  What I think Game means is that he is the Face of L.A.  We went through a time period out West where basically all the artists were blackballed except for a small handful of OG artists.  And people were saying "The west coast ain't got nobody."  And then he was the one that cracked the glass ceiling.  He's the first new Westcoast artist to transcend the whole globe since the big push in the mid-90's when new faces were popping up every few months.  The Game deserves credit for that because he did back it up.  He was the one that did it... not Crooked I, not Bishop Lamont, not Tha Realest -- it was him.  He was the first young face in years to put the West back into the mainstream.

You're saying that Game got his own face out there, but he didn't create a movement like "The Chronic" did in '92.  He tried to bring Ya Boy and Eastwood into Blackwallstreet but I think they should have got a few guest spots on the albums.

One thing the West needs to improve is putting on its own.  The West has too many bullshit beefs that cause there not to be enough piggybacking in the industry.  In the 90's when the whole coast controlled the industry, they were featuring nearly all West artists.  Look how "All Eyez On Me" has Richie Rich, E-40, The Outlawz, Rappin 4 Tay, Kurupt, Daz, Nate Dogg, Dr. Dre, Snoop, etc.  We don't see too many mainstream West records like that anymore.  Where you look at the Dirty South, and they do the exact same thing we used to do with a lot of South appearances and a few outside appearances.

I don't think anyone can expect an All-West album on a MAJOR unless it's Dr. Dre, but they could do a few West appearances like Ya Boy and Eastwood on 3 tracks, then throw the majors in there on the rest of the tracks like Rick Ross, Young Jeezy, Nas, T-Pain, Kanye West, Akon, Jagged Edge, Ne-Yo, Lil Wayne, Fat Joe, Birdman, etc.  He should have made "L.A.X." a double album and put some of those leftover tracks in there like "We Ride" "Camera Phone" and then throw in about 7 tracks on Disc Two with young west artists.  I wanted to see a double album by Game -- he is already established so if he would have doubled up he could have brought in some new faces, had the mainstream cats on there, and it would have been like his "All Eyez On Me."

1nce was blind

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2008, 01:36:15 AM »
he has gained more than he has lost........even the fans that don't check for him anymore will probably still cop the album when it drops.........whatever the case Crooked gotta be respected for his perseverance.......too many others would have thrown in the towel by now but Crook just keeps spitting hard.........his consistency isn't matched by many imo

wballz187

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2008, 02:38:31 AM »
little of both,

ive been listening to him since 2000, but i only dl'ed a handful of hip hop weekly's, I'm not interested in Bossacre or the Block Obama, Dream Big is ehh.  I don't care about any hip hop weekly remixes.  I just want an official album, call me when that shit drops.  At this point, anything other than a album is pointless.
you couldn't drop dope shit with rocks in your culoo-crooked i

Intriago33

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2008, 02:44:51 AM »
Fast forward to these days.  I didn't download a single hip hop weekly.  Barely listened to Boss Music Vol 2.  Barely heard any songs on the st valentines day massacre.  Saw the block obama mixtape up for free download yesterday and didn't even bother.

Whats yall opinion?

That's where I'm at right now.

I loved Crooked's music, fiended for a new track every day and pretty much had every track that he released. He was my favourite artist for a long time.

Then? I got sick of the lies, the bullshit, and I started to see right through him. Broken deadline after broken deadline started to take its toll and I thought - you know what? Fuck this dudes lies and shit, I'm gonna support some artists who are actually releasing their shit when they say and are still releasing high quality music.

There's no doubt he has crazy talent, and has released some unbelievable work, but right now I do not even download his tracks now and I couldn't care less about Crooked I.
I'm sure I will get jumped on from this from all his fans, but maybe in a few years time, you will change your stance the same way. I'm not hating, I hope he drops the record eventually and does well for himself, but he will not be getting my support now.

hes gained newer fans, and pissed off the original fans who demand and album

^^ Absolutely.

Matty

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2008, 09:44:16 AM »
i think the biggest issue is that he has never been completely straight with the fans about the whole album situation. he kept saying that it was definitely coming soon and it never did. he needed to be honest and admit he had no deal on the table and no way of putting out music so would continue to do with mixtape thing until something came up and got more interest.

i'm surprised they even made a video for boom boom clap, that was a hot record though no doubt. this current dream big single is just straight cheap sounding from a production point of view.

1nce was blind

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2008, 11:07:07 PM »
someone delete my post in here?