Author Topic: wow can't believe this isn't a post yet....DODGERS CLINCH!  (Read 377 times)

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
Re: wow can't believe this isn't a post yet....DODGERS CLINCH!
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 01:12:49 AM »
sweep? not a single win?  LOL

yeah ok..we will see.  dont be surprised when we pull off the upset.  dodgers in 5. 

and the dodgers gonna resign manny...we got about $60M comin off the books next season..bout 20-25 of that will go to manny. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

WestCoasta

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 03:25:35 AM »
^  it's really up in the air, McCourt doesn't know what he's going to do

I say fuck it and take a chance, they took a chance on Schmidt after surgery and gave him $60+

some of these contracts they've given are ridiculous, might as well do something that makes a little sense

the only "con" is that he's 36 and all that shit about him being a wierdo, $100 is a bit much but whatever

if I were them I'd be looking to give a 4 year deal for like $80 million or something

I don't see the big risk in paying a guy who can still hit, guaranteed to drive in runs etc.

the Dodgers haven't had a hitter like this since Piazza 10 years ago

as far as the playoffs, be careful what you wish for

you got to face the best teams if you want to win

I could easily see Philly raping our fuckin pitching in that launching pad of a ballpark

also a good point made is that facing Chicago in a 5 game series could favor the Dodgers more

us not getting a win... could certainly happen.... I didn't think we'd get wrecked in 2004 but it happened

I feel very confident and the Cubs don't scare me, so anything can happen, I got the week off work so I'll be watching

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2008, 03:45:21 AM »
^  it's really up in the air, McCourt doesn't know what he's going to do

I say fuck it and take a chance, they took a chance on Schmidt after surgery and gave him $60+

some of these contracts they've given are ridiculous, might as well do something that makes a little sense

the only "con" is that he's 36 and all that shit about him being a wierdo, $100 is a bit much but whatever

if I were them I'd be looking to give a 4 year deal for like $80 million or something

I don't see the big risk in paying a guy who can still hit, guaranteed to drive in runs etc.

the Dodgers haven't had a hitter like this since Piazza 10 years ago

as far as the playoffs, be careful what you wish for

you got to face the best teams if you want to win

I could easily see Philly raping our fuckin pitching in that launching pad of a ballpark

also a good point made is that facing Chicago in a 5 game series could favor the Dodgers more

us not getting a win... could certainly happen.... I didn't think we'd get wrecked in 2004 but it happened

I feel very confident and the Cubs don't scare me, so anything can happen, I got the week off work so I'll be watching

plus, 09 is the last season for shitty and jones in a dodger uniform..so just those two busts is a cool 33M off the books. 

we can definitely afford manny for 4 years at around 20-25M...and it would be outright stupid to not try to sign him. 

Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

WestCoasta

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2008, 04:05:38 AM »
Schmidt will be back?  I figured this year was his last year  :P

unbelievable that this guy is going to pocket another $15 million

these players got to be so thankful for the union

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2008, 04:07:44 AM »
Schmidt will be back?  I figured this year was his last year  :P

unbelievable that this guy is going to pocket another $15 million

these players got to be so thankful for the union

lol yeah..i WISH this was his last year.  but like you say, he gets to pocket another 15M for doing absolutely nothing.