Author Topic: IF OBAMA LOOSES PRESIDENCY WILL IT BRING BACK THAT REAL HIP HOP SHIT ?  (Read 369 times)

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
Re: IF OBAMA LOOSES PRESIDENCY WILL IT BRING BACK THAT REAL HIP HOP SHIT ?
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 12:07:30 PM »
as soon as obama is made president the rap niggas is gonna be like fucc obama

Retro

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 01:19:02 PM »
I think if Obama wins then the real hip hop might come back. I hope that the pointless lyrics will be replaced my motivating lyrics.

Archetype

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2008, 01:31:58 PM »
If Obama wins presidency it might put added pressure on black America to participate more in mainstream society and get the chip off their shoulder. If he loses, I think it might be a blow to their hopes and black culture could regress even more. I don't think the outcome of this presidential election will really affect hip hop or it's "realness", whatever that means. If you're hoping that mainstream hip hop will reflect the 90's, g funk/east coast sound, then you better get off your ass and tell your friends to start buying more records from that era, or from artists that have that sound. The game is the way it is because of money influenced trends, not necessarily the political climate.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2008, 08:11:31 PM »
i hope not. i am not listening to every rapper make a song about Obama getting elected or being sent back to Illinois. they dont ever care, i can see them all watching the debate and when McCain makes reference to Obama as "my freind" or "that one over there"...there all like "OHHHH GET THAT NIGGA OBAMA!" lol.

it wont do shit for hip hop except hearing rappers gloating about it or blaming the white folk for his loss.

BigBlood

• Lil Geezy
  • So Sick is my Klick!
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2008, 09:02:24 AM »
this doesn´t belong here. dunno if i should move it to train of thought or close it.

i'd close it.
dunno but it´s either close it or move to Outbound coz this is more about hip hop i general then about west coast hip hop.

West Coast Hip Hop is Hip Hop.  Even soulja boy is Hip Hop!  Yall need to find out what Hip Hop is before labeling something not hip hop.  People think of hip hop as backpacker rapping. that is the biggest misconception out there.  I used 2 believe that shit 2 -through some research and some convos wit Chuck d I'm enlightened.   back 2 the OBama thang!  |Fuck music if he don't get elected you have 2 worry bout people sayin fuck America and hittin the streets on some Once again its on!!  If he gets elected racist white folks might do the same thing- either way brace up..................... Music needs to be better no matter who is office shit sucks.     so silly.........................................  Peace to Ice Cube, nas, Talib, Scarface, and real spitttas
619-80z  Don't Hate Me kuz I Stay  Flamed up

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2008, 01:32:42 PM »
this doesn´t belong here. dunno if i should move it to train of thought or close it.

i'd close it.
dunno but it´s either close it or move to Outbound coz this is more about hip hop i general then about west coast hip hop.

West Coast Hip Hop is Hip Hop.  Even soulja boy is Hip Hop!  Yall need to find out what Hip Hop is before labeling something not hip hop.  People think of hip hop as backpacker rapping. that is the biggest misconception out there.  I used 2 believe that shit 2 -through some research and some convos wit Chuck d I'm enlightened.   back 2 the OBama thang!  |Fuck music if he don't get elected you have 2 worry bout people sayin fuck America and hittin the streets on some Once again its on!!  If he gets elected racist white folks might do the same thing- either way brace up..................... Music needs to be better no matter who is office shit sucks.     so silly.........................................  Peace to Ice Cube, nas, Talib, Scarface, and real spitttas

well this is the Outbound section not the westcoast section, right??

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2008, 01:56:12 PM »
under george bush it's only gotten worse. so if McCain wins, it's onyl going to get worse.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2008, 01:58:38 PM »
under george bush it's only gotten worse. so if McCain wins, it's onyl going to get worse.

yah and mccain's running mate isnt the ripest apple out of the bunch either.

Ezekiel Whitmore

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2008, 03:53:31 PM »
no major hip hop artist, aside from nas, has done anything remotely political on their albums as of late.....the kids dont care and wont buy it, so the artists arent gonna go that route cuz it doesnt make sense (or dollaz)....im from the late 80's, early 90's era of hip hop when heads rocked africa medalions and bumped PE and BDP.....it will NEVER, EVER, be like that again.........