Author Topic: Rappers that get/dont get love from their own hood/city?  (Read 998 times)

Trav Treezy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Rappers that get/dont get love from their own hood/city?
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2008, 11:32:23 AM »
I know its a west coast thread but the only artist that really don't get love in his own hood/city is 50 Cent.  If you didn't see the Stop Snitchin DVD his rival Game got more love in 50's city/hood than 50 did himself.  Some people on youtube comments say that a lotta people in N.O. don't like Lil' Wayne.  That he don't get love in his city.  Well he does live in Florida now & not N.O.

Stop it dog 50 is good in the hood and his hood. I know my nigga. Everybody aint gonna have good shit to say about any 1 person. But as a whole the nigga is good in queens. Everybody got problems in the hood whether they got money or not. 2swift told game "fuck game represent queens stay outta compton". Don't believe all that shit you hear its designed to make you believe the monkey shit.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;</a>

Fuck the rest of that shit listen to Saigon

Maully aka [Fitted Da Boss]

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Karma is A Bitch...Know That!
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2008, 03:50:33 PM »
Most rappers get the most love AND hate in their hometowns....the love is usually obvious to why, but they get hate because of people who may have known them growin up or whatever who are stuck in the hood and have dirt on them, so they use that against them.

So from your experience though since it seems like you been around the world nigga (lol), who did you see niggaz co-sign or get love and who didnt?

LOL...I don't get involved with the hood politics or whatever, but I've probably heard somethin "bad" or negative about every major rapper...hood wise, I know niggs have talked negative about Cube, Game, Mack 10, Ray J, Snoop, Ice T, Kurupt, Xzibit. I have never heard anybody say a bad thing about Glasses Malone, Jay Rock, not too much about Quik or anybody from his camp, Billboard, WC (I just heard Alonso from Streetgangs made him admit that he never banged, and on his old Low Profile records, he said he didn't bang), never really heard anything about Daz, Warren, Nate, Kokane, etc. etc. on a hood tip.

I've heard several stories about a lot of rappers, but I never know (or care) what's true or not.

LOL so basically, the succesfull rappers on the west = gets no love, and the rappers who might be legends but didnt have that much success/up 'n comin rappers = gets love

LOL well that's how it is in some cases...most cases it seems. Even in the South, things aren't THAT much different. Everybody in Ft. Myers talks about how fake Plies is, and how his brother's the real thug who is in jail for life...while Plies got his MASTERS degree in Engineering from USF. We all heard about Rick Ross. Miami people ride hard for Trick Daddy, but some of them will say he got beat up here n there. T-Pain was never on a thug tip, but everybody in Tallahassee supports the hell out of him...they'd look silly as hell hatin on him. We've all seen how people exposed Lil Flip in Texas...and most people in Houston said they stopped fuckin with Mike Jones before he even came out.

For Atlanta...I never met too many "hood" people from there since they were all in College...but you rarely hear them say anything bad about their artists. I never heard a single bad thing about Outkast/DF, I heard them say how "real" Jeezy was, and even for cats like Unk and Fabo, nobody really judged them on a hood tip because they made party music. I donno what the deal really is with T.I. and Shawty Lo in Bankhead...I never met anybody from there.

yea...t.i. was a trapper...but he mostly got locked up 4 gun charges...he do got some drug priors tho...shawty lo was a hustler too...he had money b4 rap...

Ya Boy Is Off The Wall, These Other Niggas Is Titoooo!

Maully aka [Fitted Da Boss]

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Karma is A Bitch...Know That!
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2008, 03:59:48 PM »

Just tell it straight up and down, IF u really know. Not like when UK niggaz tryna speak on shit they dont know about (u know who u are my son ;D) but yeah.

Cuz i know there are some peopel around this bitch who are from the same places as some of these rappers.

No bullshit im just askin. Who still gets love and who dont?

Snoop still get love from his hood? or even in Long Beach?

Quik?

Game?

Cube?

WC?

Dre?

Mack 10?

etc etc

like i said, no bullshit. just tell it straight up cuz i know people here a biased (spiders street team)

Snoop and Game get no love from their hood that's straight from their hoods mouth. Now if I was to listen to rumors than I would say none of the above named gets love except Quik.

prolly the select few that fuck wit fase...i dont believe that he dont get love from his hood...cuz of certain things that he do...like showin up @ fase house...etc...a few years ago..when life got his chain snatched...he went 2 compton and got it back...shit like that...

Ya Boy Is Off The Wall, These Other Niggas Is Titoooo!

Raje

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2008, 04:01:01 PM »
Most rappers get the most love AND hate in their hometowns....the love is usually obvious to why, but they get hate because of people who may have known them growin up or whatever who are stuck in the hood and have dirt on them, so they use that against them.
or they just tired of seeing them whip through in a beemer lol
Raje'
R2D2...
ASAP| 5482 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1604 | Los Angeles | California | 90036 | 323.405.RAJE | www.MrBrackins.com

BigO

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2008, 04:05:47 PM »
ITS SAD BUT ITS TRUE

fact:  THE HOOD IS CALLED THE HOOD BECAUSE IT IS AN AREA OF PROVERTY!

fact:  EVERY SINGLE FAMOUS RAPPER (NOT JUST A RAPPER IN A NEIGHBORHOOD, FAAAAMOUS RAPPER) IS A TARGET IN THE HOOD! FACT

reason:  THE SAME REASON A WHITE MAN, OR WHITE LADY IS A TARGET IN THE HOOD, PEOPLE ASSUME THEY HAVE MONEY. 
            MONEY IS THE ROUTE TO ALL EVIL.  THEY ARE TARGETS BECAUSE OF THEIR FINACIAL STATUS.

IF YOU LEAVE IN THE HOOD, AND YOUR A CROOK, WHO YOU GONNA ROB? THE NIGGAH THATS BROKE LIKE YOU, OR SNOOP DOG WITH A BIG CHAIN ON, & YOU KNOW HE DON'T LIVE THERE, HE JUST PASSING THROUGH?

COMPTONRIDA1

« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2008, 05:10:00 PM »
ITS SAD BUT ITS TRUE

fact:  THE HOOD IS CALLED THE HOOD BECAUSE IT IS AN AREA OF PROVERTY!

fact:  EVERY SINGLE FAMOUS RAPPER (NOT JUST A RAPPER IN A NEIGHBORHOOD, FAAAAMOUS RAPPER) IS A TARGET IN THE HOOD! FACT

reason:  THE SAME REASON A WHITE MAN, OR WHITE LADY IS A TARGET IN THE HOOD, PEOPLE ASSUME THEY HAVE MONEY. 
            MONEY IS THE ROUTE TO ALL EVIL.  THEY ARE TARGETS BECAUSE OF THEIR FINACIAL STATUS.

IF YOU LEAVE IN THE HOOD, AND YOUR A CROOK, WHO YOU GONNA ROB? THE NIGGAH THATS BROKE LIKE YOU, OR SNOOP DOG WITH A BIG CHAIN ON, & YOU KNOW HE DON'T LIVE THERE, HE JUST PASSING THROUGH?

Well eiht dont fall behind that category..cause he broke as shit..lol