Author Topic: The Shawn Kemp deal is off??  (Read 271 times)

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
The Shawn Kemp deal is off??
« on: September 27, 2008, 04:18:27 AM »
The Shawn Kemp deal is off??

Shawn Kemp is said to make frequent journeys back to the States according to italian media and the administration of Montegranaro are not very happy with his performance and the current situation. Kemp has been visiting the States, in some cases with the pretext that he needs to make sure his home is ok and it hasn't been trashed by Hurricane Ike among other things.

In effect he has lost a big part of the team's preparation and his physical condition is not up to scratch for professional level. Rumors have been flying around regarding his imminent replacement. One of the names that was implicated by the italian press was that of Eddy Fobbs (2.13-C) who played last season in Turkey for Mersin (averaged 12.2 points and 8 rebounds in 30 games) but he is said to have already agreed with israeli team Ashkelon. This story isn't finished yet.

Sad. He didn't even play an official game with Montegranaro. LOL.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
Re: The Shawn Kemp deal is off??
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 02:49:42 PM »
It's official.

Montegranaro waived Kemp and announced Hunter

The suspicions about the imminent release of Shawn Kemp were realised yesterday. Premiata Montegranaro announced the release of Shawn Kemp and the signing of Brandon Hunter. The former NBA superstar said that he feels sorry that the deal didn't go through and Montegranaro signed Brandon Hunter to take his place. Hunter was also mentioned in greek articles to interest the team of Trikala.

Brandon Hunter(2.01-PF) graduated from the college of Ohio in 2003 and he was selected at number 56, in the 2nd round of the 2003 draft by Boston. His rights were traded to Charlotte next year and after that he was loaned to Orlando.In 2006 he went to Greece to play for Panathinaikos where he only played a few games. During that summer the took part in the summer camp of Cleveland trynig to secure a contract in the NBA. Later on he went to Italy to play for Napoli, Livorno and finally last season he played for Biella. He averaged 12.9 points and 9.1 rebounds in 31 games in the LegaA1.

h2k4

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 04:34:12 PM »
Is anyone surprised by this?  He's been washed up for years.  He should be grateful somebody gave him a shot.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 04:54:36 PM »
Damn

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 04:56:57 PM »
i was AMAZED that he was gave a chance
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Archetype

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 01:32:53 AM »
i was AMAZED that he was gave a chance

Pretty much.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 05:28:33 PM »
just last year he was workin out for nba teams, talkin about restoring his legacy. :-\

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 04:32:57 AM »
In other news, italian team Air Avellino released Dan Dickau cause he was not in shape.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 01:31:42 PM »
In other news, italian team Air Avellino released Dan Dickau cause he was not in shape.

:-X