Author Topic: Hardest American Sport to be a fan of?  (Read 357 times)

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
Hardest American Sport to be a fan of?
« on: October 08, 2008, 05:29:53 AM »
I put in American because if i didn't..all those nice cool european people on this board :laugh: will come in with their bias shit about "football:"

I gotta say Baseball...you spend almost 160 some odd days everyday watching your team play...and then when they lose...its fuckin horrible...you are spent and tired after a losing season...thats why i can't watch the post season after my team is out, gets me mad looking at other teams. Me being a Yankee fan..this usually happens to me around october, this time in september =/

But at least you got 6 months to rest up and gather all your energy again for another 5 months (if your lucky 6).
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Hardest American Sport to be a fan of?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 07:14:41 AM »
i think its all about how interested you are in that sport

basket and baseball are a marathon

football is a sprint

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 07:44:46 AM »
IMO, it's got to be Football...
Never liked it never will & NO! it's not cause we don't have a team here in L.A.  8)

Baseball is getting there aswell, The Constant trades and player movement really makes it hard to follow a team  now...
(Back in the day, even as early as the 80's a team would ride it out with their roster, you knew which player's were on your fav team ect... now it's like a Who the... What the... I thought he was on the... They will trade him next season.
(It killed the heart of the game, That said playoff baseball is still cool)

it's all about B-Ball & Boxing for me..
Throw in MMA into the mix aswell, good for some laughs one and a while.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 08:13:44 AM »
Every sport they playe(ed) in Seattle  :-\

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 03:30:50 PM »
i agree with the thing about baseball, very long season, and theres a game like every day, its hard for me to watch all the time, i got shit to do, thats why i love football, i make sure my sundays are wide open so that i can watch all day, and only 1s a week

herpes

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 03:33:28 PM »
Baseball

"It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone." - Bart Giamatti

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 03:35:21 PM »
Boxing, because you have to order fights on PPV or order premium cable channels to see most fights.  It's not like there is one Boxing Organization either, there's like 5 welter weight champions. 

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 10:08:21 PM »
Baseball

"It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone." - Bart Giamatti

Yup  :'(
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 11:09:46 PM »
Out of the major team sports....its Baseball easily. The shit is just SO boring. When I was a kid was one thing. But now, I cant even get into the playoffs....or World Series.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 03:06:01 AM »
Its funny, when I was young my favorite sport to watch was easily baseball.  I was one of those cats that could watch 9 innings between any two teams. I loved that shit.  Now? I couldn't give a fuck less.  I hate watching baseball unless its the playoffs and even then I don't give much of a fuck.

This is the best time of year for me...college football, NFL, then NBA, then college bball.  I love it.