Author Topic: What Mixtape DJ are you feelin the Most on the West????  (Read 565 times)

Majesty

Re: What Mixtape DJ are you feelin the Most on the West????
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2008, 02:51:43 PM »
"What Mixtape DJ are you feelin the Most on the West????"
DJ SKEE, DJ WARRIOR FUCK THE REST

DJ-AGE™

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • THE MIXTAPE KING!
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2008, 03:02:11 PM »
I cant speak on behalf of homies i fucks wit out there like Skee, Nik Bean, September 7th, Ill Will, Raze One, Blaze & even CT lately etc but i can say the reason behind taggin is simply so your shit isnt bootlegged & claimed by someone else cause it happens....when u drop free mixtape or any mixtape at all DJ's need to tag their mixing so cats dont jack that shit...i have had cats in the past hit me on myspace and ask me if they could use a blend from a mixtape i did WTF, i did an ol Snoop mix in 2003 untagged and it was bootlegged and sold as someone else at a Pomona swap meet...so from there on i needed to tag....if you listen to my mixtapes i only tag when the blending occurs BUT i try to tag more with shoutouts from the artists etc compared to radio imaging when doin big projects & official shit like Bad Lucc- Watts Riot, From My Block 2 Yours, Westcoast Connectz etc.....i mean when u do a mix u put in work and if you do that for free for fans the last thing u want is someone puttin his name on it and making cash off of your work.

DJ's didnt kill hip hop u have no idea how many artists want to drop mixtapes these days its outta control the DJ has been a major part of Hip Hop culture from day 1......its certain DJs like Strong who do stupid shit that give us a bad name....RULE #1 never fuck around artists like that cause they put alot of hard work into their music and NO DJ has the right to do that shit.......on that note blendin/scratchin etc is a big part of mixtapes thats dropped down alot i would like to see come back more....also in saying that i spend countless hours mixing when i drop mixtapes no matter if there official or not...and i simply do that for the fans & the love of doing it....so when im in the studio mixing from Monday to Sun all night to early hours of the morning to some ppl 80mins is jus another mix but they may have been a month literally of my life doin that shit i dont get back so ppl need to remember that its not an overnight thing....but imma keep doin it no matter what cause thats me........

« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 03:14:15 PM by DJ-AGE™ »

SO PRUP

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2008, 06:30:37 PM »
best djs on the west =

DJ GOON-E

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2008, 07:39:45 PM »
yo, don't got the time to explain it and break it down for you, but quick style, mixtapes come from the hood, not from Corporate "music industry", their grimey, dirty, and hood.  Hood people love them, as well as alot of other people obviously if its a big market.  But the coporates drop albums, cop that.
but im not finna to right 5 paragraphs on the history of DJs. and how they use to DJ in parks, and that was old school mixtapes, just hearing a dj in the park on the mic, mixing hot new songs.

I doubt your ignorant ass could write one

;D
not my problem, so stop doubting then.

M.A

• 'G'
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2008, 11:34:53 PM »
DJ ILL WILL
DJ AGE
DJ RAZE ONE
DJ GOON-E
DIGITAL PRODUCT

I SEE THESE DUDES GRINDIN!!!!

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2008, 01:05:03 AM »
Give me six months....

Bookie Cash

• Lil Geezy
  • Bookie Cash aka 100 Rounds - Flaucy Ent.
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2008, 08:26:49 AM »
DJ Do Em All

<a href="http://media.imeem.com/m/_MfkzgkJQ6/aus=false/" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://media.imeem.com/m/_MfkzgkJQ6/aus=false/</a>