Author Topic: Are NBA & American professional players doped?  (Read 467 times)

ABN

Re: Are NBA & American professional players doped?
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2008, 03:18:06 AM »
It rarely happens to top players anyway. Usually it's minor players who get caught by the tests.
and i think that comes from some of them not having the natural talent that they gotta get juiced up to compete. but i´d say Japp Stam and Edgar Davids were top players when they got caught. but i can see why Edgar did it coz when you play ass agressive as him it gotta be hard to keep it up when you´re closing in on your 30´s. and Rio Ferdinand got suspended but i don´t know if there´s been any evidince that he actually used anything illegal.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2008, 03:29:02 AM »
It rarely happens to top players anyway. Usually it's minor players who get caught by the tests.
and i think that comes from some of them not having the natural talent that they gotta get juiced up to compete. but i´d say Japp Stam and Edgar Davids were top players when they got caught. but i can see why Edgar did it coz when you play ass agressive as him it gotta be hard to keep it up when you´re closing in on your 30´s. and Rio Ferdinand got suspended but i don´t know if there´s been any evidince that he actually used anything illegal.

If i remember well he got banned cause he refused to make the test.
Anyway yeah, it's maybe 3 top players.
But 90-95% of the athletes who are caught with PED are not famous.

ABN

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2008, 03:55:30 AM »
^i don´t even think he refused to take it just think he left the training grounds coz he wasn´t aware that they was gonna test them. that´s what Alex Ferguson said anyway and i think he actually took a test a couple of days later. and if he had taken PED´s they would´ve showed up a couple of days later aswell
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 03:57:19 AM by I´m A Motherfucking Asshole »

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2008, 04:01:07 AM »
It depends, usually you need 3-4 days for the effects to disappear. Anyway that's a perfect example of the difference between here and the States.

ABN

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2008, 04:10:32 AM »
It depends, usually you need 3-4 days for the effects to disappear. Anyway that's a perfect example of the difference between here and the States.
if you´ve taken steroids you can trace it in the blood for months and i´m guessing that they have the right to do blood tests if they believe you´ve used steroids.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2008, 05:59:16 AM »
if you´ve taken steroids you can trace it in the blood for months and i´m guessing that they have the right to do blood tests if they believe you´ve used steroids.

No they don't. They can't take blood tests, you as a player have to accept to it. Anyway i'm not talking about steroids, but about EPO (it's called like that, in Italy). Now i think they call it CERA. Anyway steroids are old, and easy to find. Now they have other doping substances that are extremely hard to find. They are professionists, even in getting drugs, lol.

ABN

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2008, 07:12:34 AM »
most of that EPO stuff is in sports where you need extreme endurance and not a lot of musclemass and most athletes don´t need that. but nowadays it´s hard not to get caught whatever you take(in the countries they actually run tests in anyway).
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 07:14:35 AM by ABN »

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2008, 07:15:47 AM »
Have you read what they're doing with the tests done in Pechin? They are re-doing them in France, cause in France they can make better tests and find better traces of EPO and shit..

The problem is that some countries take it seriously, and some don't.

ABN

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2008, 07:23:54 AM »
^yeah, i´ve read about that and it´ll be interesting to see what happens. France are one of the countries that seem to take it the most serious but i´m guessing it´s coz of the Tour and all the bad press the cheaters have caused in the last 10 years.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2008, 12:20:55 PM »
^yeah, i´ve read about that and it´ll be interesting to see what happens. France are one of the countries that seem to take it the most serious but i´m guessing it´s coz of the Tour and all the bad press the cheaters have caused in the last 10 years.

Yeah.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2008, 11:59:04 AM »
LOL@Dickau on roids.