Author Topic: Who are you favorite sport teams and why ?  (Read 957 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Who are you favorite sport teams and why ?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2008, 03:18:41 PM »
Lakers - Kobe's rookie season. Though I also watched some old games when Magic played when I was younger.
Chargers - I never really had a football team before. I liked the Rams and Packers because of Faulk and Favre, but never really supported a team as a whole. When I moved to San Diego I just got interested in them, even though they went 4-12 my first year here.
USC - Watching Reggie Bush tear up everyone in his path. Anybody and everybody in San Diego loved Bush when he played in college.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2008, 05:18:15 PM »
Basketball:

Lakers - was born a Laker fan to a family of die-hard Laker fans. like mdogg said, growin up a LA resident in the 80s, you HAD to love what the Lakers brought home. were spoiled as hell to have such an amazing hometown franchise.

UCLA - I rep for my city and UCLA has just been holdin it down for college ball like no other.

Baseball:

Dodgers - LA LA. throw it up. 8)

Football:

Raiders - liked them when they were the LA Raiders and they'll still be my football team until the day we get a team in LA.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2008, 06:59:20 PM »
Hockey is pretty much the only sport i watch but you always gutta rep your city. So Bluejays, Argos, Leafs, and Raptors GO!

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2008, 08:37:04 PM »
MLB: My top sport. my parents love the dodgers, and its just a part of my family.  everyone in my family roots for the dodgers, except my young niece and nephew, but im trying to convert em. lol  i bleed dodger blue, and i love the dodgers.  it been painful to be a fan, but now, FINALLY we got a good team and making a run at a WS ring.  its a good time to be a dodger fan, thats for sure.  :bandit:

NBA: i wasnt a huge basketball fan, still not that BIG of a fan..but im starting to get into it.  this is a laker town, so i gotta root for em, but i actually like the clippers a little better.  i like rooting for the underdog, and the clippers have been that since they started.  lol.   although, this year, they look pretty solid. :bandit:

NFL: another sport in which im 'casual' in..i guess it would be the raiders, seeing as how my big bro used to LOVE em...but if/when LA gets a team, that will be my team. 
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 08:38:44 PM by The Wykid Won »

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2008, 03:12:36 AM »
Oklahoma State - I went to school there and live and die watching them hoop and play football.  Easily my favorite

Reds - Grew up in Cincinnati, oddly enough my mom was a HUGE Reds fan, Pete Rose was a god to me

Bengals - Pops was a major Bengals fan, I still have a football signed by the 89 Super Bowl team.  Lets just say its been a rough 20 years ever since haha

Suns - Not a strong tie, but PHX is the first city I lived in w/ an NBA franchise so my allegiance is strongest to them.  I actually hated them w/ D'Antoni and the run & gun, but after they got down to real bball I like watching them and can actually root for them.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2008, 03:30:36 PM »
PHiladelphia
Flyers
Phillies
Eagles
Sixers

Its a philly thing, the quest for a championship, you sign up for one team ,you sign up for them all, and they take you on a stress mind fuck year after year

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2008, 07:10:57 PM »
NFL

Green Bay Packers - My first football game i ever watched on tv was the Superbowl vs the Pats...they won...i became a fan right after that. (Plus my best friend was a Green Bay Packers fan). For life...i try to go to Lambeau once a year.

MLB - New York Yankees - Had to choose a team as soon as I started playing baseball when I was 9. It was between the Dodgers and Yankees...and I chose the Yankees.

NHL Vancouver Canucks - I live in Surrey, BC...im stuck with them. I have NO excuse to root for another team (even though sometimes i wish I did). GO CANUCKS GO!

College Football - Im no diehard...im a fan of Washington Huskies and Notre Dame Fighting Irish

College Basketball - Duke

NBA - Vancouver Grizzlies for life!!!!! (I am basically a Garnett Fan though)

Basically..because i am Canadian..I can chose any team I want...but once I chose one...i stick with em till the end!!!
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2008, 04:26:29 PM »
All the Bay Area teams for me, that's where I'm from and I've grown up watching all of these teams. My pops was from SF, so I pretty much followed him being a 49ers fan, plus they were the only NFL team in the Bay when I got into football. I grew up in the East Bay, surrounded by Raiders fans, but I refused to jump ship when they moved back from LA to Oakland, so I stuck with the 49ers. I stayed in the city to be a Giants fan, never thought about being an A's fan although I like to see them win. Warriors and Sharks were the only options in the NBA and NHL. For college, my neighbors graduated from Cal so they used to take me to games with them and I've followed them ever since.
I got a bird's eye view

thisoneguy360

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2008, 04:59:46 PM »
NFL

Green Bay Packers - My first football game i ever watched on tv was the Superbowl vs the Pats...they won...i became a fan right after that. (Plus my best friend was a Green Bay Packers fan). For life...i try to go to Lambeau once a year.

MLB - New York Yankees - Had to choose a team as soon as I started playing baseball when I was 9. It was between the Dodgers and Yankees...and I chose the Yankees.

NHL Vancouver Canucks - I live in Surrey, BC...im stuck with them. I have NO excuse to root for another team (even though sometimes i wish I did). GO CANUCKS GO!

College Football - Im no diehard...im a fan of Washington Huskies and Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Basically..because i am Canadian..I can chose any team I want...but once I chose one...i stick with em till the end!!!

Out of curiosity how is it there your a Huskies fan (I live in Wa)

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2008, 06:05:26 PM »
NFL

Out of curiosity how is it there your a Huskies fan (I live in Wa)

I live in Surrey BC dog...two hours away from Husky stadium...IM coming down to watch the Huskies play the Fighitng Irish...then ASU on the 8th.  8)...I just love football in general
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

SO PRUP

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2008, 12:29:26 PM »
Basketball: I've been a laker fan since I can remember, but I cant front and say I'm not a clipper fan to.  I've been a clipper fan since I went to a playoff game when I was a kid, when they had danny manning, mark jackson, ron harper, etc.  But its always lakers first.

Football: Oakland Raiders, I remember when I was a kid and theyre wasnt anything like going to a raider game.  I'm not even going to front and say that I didn't fuck with them for a while when they went back to oakland, but I got back into them when they had Napolean Kaufman.  I'll probably still be a radier fan even when we get a team.

Baseball: Dodgers, thats the home team, always will be, usually go to like 10 games a year, this is the first year I didn't get to, of course it was the year they did good lol.

College Football: USC

College Basketball: KU, my pops went to KU so thats always been my team.  UCLA would be second.

High School: lol LOS ANGELES HIGH SCHOOL!  THE ROMANS LMAO

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2008, 01:52:47 PM »
Basketball: Los Angeles Lakers. My family are Lakers fans so it just naturally happened. Plus when I finally became a faithful basketball fan Kobe was the first player I liked (Penny was my favorite as a kid but I didn't really follow it).

Football: San Diego Chargers. Hometown team, I just always had love for them. Weird cuz my dad and his dad are both Raiders fans lol.

Baseball: San Diego Padres. I don't fuck with baseball, in all honesty only reason I care about them is because they're the home team.

Where's Hack Wilson? I can't wait to see how this nigga explains being a fan of every New York team except the Knicks (lol @ his man crush on the Celtics).
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2008, 03:16:10 PM »

Where's Hack Wilson? I can't wait to see how this nigga explains being a fan of every New York team except the Knicks (lol @ his man crush on the Celtics).

you KNEW he wouldn't reply in this thread...

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2008, 03:36:55 PM »
Niners-  first game i ever watched and ive been a die-hard fan since. the NFL has always been and always be my sport of choice.

Lakers-  grew up in cen-cal but Magic was always my favorite player just cause his playin style. always supported my local team growin up (Kings) but once i moved south i could only get Laker games. whats a trip though is i always hated Kobe so i of course hated the lakers. but  before last season started with all the drama surrounding Kobe,he was all about the team and showed me how much he matured. he became what no one said he would be,a true leader,team player. i am now a Laker fan and cant wait for thanksgiving to go home and see the looks on the homies faces rockin the No. 24, lol priceless

Dodgers- ive always rocked a LA fitted since i was a youngster. but to be real i dont even follow baseball that much. if that makes me a fake fan, than fuck it

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2008, 08:38:21 PM »

Miami Dolphins - Followed my dad on this one, he was  Jets fan but when they moved to Jersey he said fuck em.
So is your dad a Buffalo fan now?  The Jets are still nearby, people still are Giants fans when they started playing in Jersey.  There's probably not enuff room to put a new football stadium in the NY area.  Let alone 2 football stadiums.  And new stadiums costs too much.  Do new yorkers in the 5 boroughs area consider that part NY or just Buffalo?  Referring to the state of NY, like Buffalo, Rochester, that part.