Author Topic: Should I buy a PS3? Or an XBox 360?  (Read 1639 times)

Nat Turner-reincarnated

Re: Should I buy a PS3? Or an XBox 360?
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2008, 08:35:04 PM »
eye feel you......... shit eye was thinking about upgrading ( eye got the slim ps2) but eye been playing ps since back in the day........and like you said eye am just used to the feel off the controllers.............xbox got these overweight controllers with mad buttons for no reason.............but yea eye saw that price of the 360 and was thinking about xbox..................but on the other hand them crackers over at microsoft make you pay to play online....... and that shits whack

OchoCinco

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2008, 08:39:41 PM »
its not like u have to pay monthly for online...all u gotta do it go to a game store and buy a card for like a 1 yr xbox live, i think its like $40 bones or maybe a bit more then go on ur xbox and put in the key thats on the cars....or u can just put ur credit card on ur account and just buy it right off xbox live...the online gaming is ten times beeter on xbox so i dont mind payin the money

Crockett

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Smile Boys Were About To Retire
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2008, 08:45:29 PM »
i ahd xbox im on my 3rd one.. i ahte paying for the online i cant surf the net or dload files.. i leave my ps3 on all day i play Blurays on it.. if u leave it the screen saver is a picture of the world u can zoom into your nearist city get weather and newx reports... xbox aint got none of that... i still play xbox but it feels clumbsy alsomt for kids?.. i got that turismo on ps3 tahts shits crazy

Rugged Monk

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2008, 05:43:03 AM »
i ahd xbox im on my 3rd one.. i ahte paying for the online i cant surf the net or dload files.. i leave my ps3 on all day i play Blurays on it.. if u leave it the screen saver is a picture of the world u can zoom into your nearist city get weather and newx reports... xbox aint got none of that... i still play xbox but it feels clumbsy alsomt for kids?.. i got that turismo on ps3 tahts shits crazy

yeah its crazy, you can't download or even put stuff onto the xbox360, you are only allowed to put on stuff that you buy of microsoft!

I seen that globe screen saver too its fresh...

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2008, 12:02:45 PM »
Based on some of the things you mentioned, the PS3 is better.  Be warned though, the newer PS3 models do not play PS2 games so you'll have to hunt down one that does.  The PS3 is more but a lot of people don't consider one simple thing... it has free online.  If you bought a 360 with a hard drive 299 plus you probably plan to play it a good 3-5 years... that's roughly an additional 200 to play online.  Let's also not forget that the 360 tends to break A LOT.  Every single person I know has had their 360 break down on them.  Plus you already said you wanted MGS4 (the best game I've played in a long time) so I think the choice is simple.

Having said that... the 360 does seem to have better exclusive titles and keeps buying Sony's exclusives.  It was just announced that Tekken 6 will be coming out for both systems.  Games you'll never be able to play if you only buy a PS3 inclue Gears of War 1 and 2, Crackdown, Halo 3, Fable 2, and Forza (the best driving game ever).  The only good exclusives for Sony seem to be MGS4, LBP, and Disgaea 3 (the Resistance series is greatly overrated)... to be honest those hardly seems like good enough reasons to buy a PS3 for even though MGS4 is so great.

All in all, you pretty much get what you pay for on each system.  If I'm in your shoes, I'd get the PS3.
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

GENERIK

• 'G'
  • THE DARK TRAIL

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2008, 06:24:05 PM »
Blu-Ray is the shit!  Once you start watching blu-rays on a nice hdtv you will never go back.  If you pay attention to everything and read up you will see that Blu-Ray is catching more and more steam by the day,  there is no doubt that Blu-Ray is going to be here for a very, very long time.

DIP DIP SET SET

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2008, 01:10:43 AM »
i have a 52 inch plasma and blu ray player already so i went with the xbox 360. the ps3 is cool and all but i don't really need it. plus i like the games on xbox alot more. you can't really go wrong i don't think if you get either one. it just depends on what you're going to be doing with your entertainment system in the future. if you don't want to buy a blu ray player now (expensive as fuck) i say get the ps3, it's a bit slower than a stand alone player, but it'll get the job done.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2008, 03:09:22 AM »
I'm leaning toward the PS3 now, here my reasons (call me out on any if you wish, it will help me decide):

-you can store all sorts of files on the PS3 like downloaded movies and pictures, whereas I don't think you can on the Xbox360....you can only store stuff you've downloaded from xbox/microsoft sources and paid for.

-im a fan of old ps2 titles like Tenchu, resident evil and Hitman, so its cool I can still play them on the ps3

Tenchu,Hitman and the new Resident evil 5 when it comes out are all available on the xbox 360 and tekken 6 is coming out on 360 too the same day as ps3

I Have both of the systems and they both have there advantages
You can do more with the ps3 besides games (watching divx movies,pictures,internet,bluray etc)
Xbox 360 has much better online play which I  do not mind paying for at all
graphics are pretty much the same

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Muhfukka

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2008, 05:21:22 PM »
360 has more good games bottom line if youre buying it for games dont buy a ps3

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2008, 08:30:33 PM »
The ps controller was the best back then but now there's too much buttons on it for it's size plus it doesn't shake. The old xbox had weak controllers but i gotta the new one is cool, never had no problem with. You can save music and files on the xbox 360 i dont now who told ya it didn't read stuff but i'm always watching videos from my ipod on my console. Another point, final fantasy is coming on the 360, ps3 loose all it's exclusive games. About the rod, i think the new generations ( the falcon models with the new 175 W power supply) are reliable. I must admit it was one weak link in the past maybe it's still is but not as much. I never had trouble with mine i'm crossing my fingers.

Matty

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2008, 08:52:02 PM »
i gotta say speaking to a lot of gamers the xbox is plain unreliable. if you play it a good amount you can almost definitely expect it to break at some stage. in comparison the ps3 has been rock for nearly everyone. that wasn't really a consideration for me but i know at some stage maybe after my warranty has ended that the 360 will probably burn out. that includes all the 'new versions' of it too, they just have a lower reported failure rate for now...

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2008, 09:13:00 PM »
33% failure rate on xbox 360
No Blu Ray
HD DVD failed
Blue Ray holds 10 GB more than HD DVD (more room for game related things, GTA 4 had to be scaled back because of the limits of 360)
PS3 has Free online play

Console exclusives don't mean much when the bulk of the games you want are on both systems, which in my case they are. I mostly play sports games and action games. All those FPS games for Xbox mean nothing to me since those games are boring as fuck to me for the most part. The main advantages ps3 has are the Blu Ray player and the dumb ass high rate of 360 failures. Even if its under warranty you still have to pay to ship it to get serviced ($30 to fix some shit that shouldn't have broken in the first place??!!!?) and you have to go without your console for roughly 2 weeks. I was real close to buying a 360 but PS3 just seems more reliable and you get more for your money.

Rugged Monk

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2008, 09:48:03 PM »
yeah im getting the ps3, its twice as fast its got 7 processors, whereas the xbox360 has 3...

means it can do more shit, more extensive battlefields with more shit flying around...

i see the difference when i play gears of war on xbox360 and resistance on ps3.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2008, 10:50:17 PM »
yeah The ps3 is more reliable plus if you have or are getting a hdtv a ps3 is a must,  blu-ray is the fuckin shit!! and even though blu-rays are expensive just get a membership to netflix, they have every blu-ray known to man

DIP DIP SET SET