Author Topic: Could it be?? Chinese Democracy 11/23/08  (Read 1658 times)

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Could it be?? Chinese Democracy 11/23/08
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2008, 04:42:10 PM »
The Album Has Leaked Y'all ;D

hook it up?

U sure its not just the 9 demo song thing that leaked a while back?
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2008, 06:43:21 PM »
Well I have anticipated this album since the very first year it was meant to have released... I enjoyed all of their previous offerings (yes even the Spaghetti Incident) and would call myself a huge fan... i went and saw Axel and his fill in band perform as Guns n Roses last year with Skid Row and Stone Roses and actually left me quite excited about what was to finally come out.... DUM DUM DUM Then I heard the Single Chinese Democracy... It wasnt what I had been hoping for and then I found a site with all leaked tracks except for like three and Listened to what I hoped would be redemption and reward for the long wait I had to endure.... Track after track let me down... What is missing IS Slash... even without other former members you could pull it off with just Axel and Slash and have a Hit single or two and the fans would feel ok paying money for this... but this isnt even a shadow of Guns.... If you want to feel good about paying for something over this as a rock fan Id pay for ACDC over this any day (despite the fact I downloaded and enjoyed it weeks early)
I would rate Slash's Snakepit and Velvet Revolver over this heap anyday!!! I am actually now shifting focus to what Lenny Kravitz will bring to the next Velvet Revolver album and trying to forget that I ever listened to this.... SMH (Just dont bother releasing this album Axel... maybe it could be a tax write off for charity if you gave away any copies you had made!!!)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2008, 06:58:52 PM »
Well I have anticipated this album since the very first year it was meant to have released... I enjoyed all of their previous offerings (yes even the Spaghetti Incident) and would call myself a huge fan... i went and saw Axel and his fill in band perform as Guns n Roses last year with Skid Row and Stone Roses and actually left me quite excited about what was to finally come out.... DUM DUM DUM Then I heard the Single Chinese Democracy... It wasnt what I had been hoping for and then I found a site with all leaked tracks except for like three and Listened to what I hoped would be redemption and reward for the long wait I had to endure.... Track after track let me down... What is missing IS Slash... even without other former members you could pull it off with just Axel and Slash and have a Hit single or two and the fans would feel ok paying money for this... but this isnt even a shadow of Guns.... If you want to feel good about paying for something over this as a rock fan Id pay for ACDC over this any day (despite the fact I downloaded and enjoyed it weeks early)
I would rate Slash's Snakepit and Velvet Revolver over this heap anyday!!! I am actually now shifting focus to what Lenny Kravitz will bring to the next Velvet Revolver album and trying to forget that I ever listened to this.... SMH (Just dont bother releasing this album Axel... maybe it could be a tax write off for charity if you gave away any copies you had made!!!)

I'll take the Chinese Democracy single, and Better over most of the Use Your Illusion tracks, much less the VR tracks. What would made CD any different if Slash was on it? Just the solo would sound cooler. The rest of the song would be the exact same. Slash was not the creative mind behind the old songs. Axl and Izzy were. Now maybe this album would have been better if Izzy was back in the fold. But as much as I love Slash as a player, he was never a top songwriter. Everything I heard from the demos is better than anything I've heard from VR or Snakepit.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2008, 07:10:55 PM »

Where/when did you see Guns?  I saw em twice in 06 - Las Vegas and in San Francisco at the Warfield.  Las Vegas show was awesome, the crowd was into it, and Axl fed off that.  SF....well, the crowd was chalked full of idiots and people throwing shit, it really affected the vibe of the show.

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2008, 07:12:21 PM »

I'll take the Chinese Democracy single, and Better over most of the Use Your Illusion tracks, much less the VR tracks. What would made CD any different if Slash was on it? Just the solo would sound cooler. The rest of the song would be the exact same. Slash was not the creative mind behind the old songs. Axl and Izzy were. Now maybe this album would have been better if Izzy was back in the fold. But as much as I love Slash as a player, he was never a top songwriter. Everything I heard from the demos is better than anything I've heard from VR or Snakepit.

Solos and strong lead guitar work and riffs that only Slash can bring would make a huge difference over this shite that theyre attempting to sell to us.... Izzy and Axel were the songwriters thats true but he added all the extras that made a Guns album stand above and beyond.... Try to tell me you wouldnt enjoy it a million times more if Slash added his bits over these songs.... Hes already called it correct: There's not a single major hit on this album... Real GNR RIP

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2008, 07:15:37 PM »

Where/when did you see Guns?  I saw em twice in 06 - Las Vegas and in San Francisco at the Warfield.  Las Vegas show was awesome, the crowd was into it, and Axl fed off that.  SF....well, the crowd was chalked full of idiots and people throwing shit, it really affected the vibe of the show.

Saw them in Auckland New Zealand... Sebastian Bach was not too bad and the show was really good for what it was.... I suppose "Axel Rose with sessions band" doesnt quite sell those tickets though... :P

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2008, 07:24:04 PM »

Saw them in Auckland New Zealand... Sebastian Bach was not too bad and the show was really good for what it was.... I suppose "Axel Rose with sessions band" doesnt quite sell those tickets though... :P

I think u should be able to believe whatever you want about the new GNR and their songs....However, one thing I don't get, is why people who seem to resent new GNR not having Slash and the other old members and their new music, go and see them live.  I encountered these people at the show in San Fran, all they did was waste their money, ruin the vibe of the show, and annoy people around them with their anti-Axl shit talking.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2008, 07:41:45 PM »

Solos and strong lead guitar work and riffs that only Slash can bring would make a huge difference over this shite that theyre attempting to sell to us.... Izzy and Axel were the songwriters thats true but he added all the extras that made a Guns album stand above and beyond.... Try to tell me you wouldnt enjoy it a million times more if Slash added his bits over these songs.... Hes already called it correct: There's not a single major hit on this album... Real GNR RIP

Of course I'd prefer it to have Slash. No doubt about it, but as it stands in my opinion the Rose with his "guns" is better than the "guns" without the Roses. Both VR albums were huge disappointments. The one thing I wanted from them were long sdlash solos and I didn't get them. I'll listen to Better a million times more than I'll listen to any Slash song with out Axl.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2008, 06:13:23 AM »

Of course I'd prefer it to have Slash. No doubt about it, but as it stands in my opinion the Rose with his "guns" is better than the "guns" without the Roses. Both VR albums were huge disappointments. The one thing I wanted from them were long sdlash solos and I didn't get them. I'll listen to Better a million times more than I'll listen to any Slash song with out Axl.

I agree, it's the sound and mood that the band portrays that I've always liked, no matter how the roster changes...   Velvet Revolver is a totally different type of sound as a whole..

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2008, 11:51:07 AM »
Velvet revolver had 3 memebers from gnr and i never realy got into it.

All the new Guns songs i like.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2008, 11:58:21 AM »
So it really looks like this is coming out for sure on November 23rd!!!

I dont know what to say, I am so excited and nervous to.  I havnt listened to any of the leaked songs except for better because I wanted to wait till this comes out

DIP DIP SET SET

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2008, 01:26:58 PM »
Just listened to the album this morning...   Not really feeling it!!!!

I'm sad... Wtf... It's like Axl has aged sooooo much.....

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2008, 02:05:47 PM »
Just listened to the album this morning...   Not really feeling it!!!!

I'm sad... Wtf... It's like Axl has aged sooooo much.....

The 9 song demo leak?  Cause I dont think the final version has leaked yet...

Judging from how Chinese Democracy changed (from the demo to the new single version), I would bet that most of those demos will be heavily improved.

Just bought Chinese Democracy (single) from iTunes, this album is coming!!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 02:24:17 PM by Its Adam, Not Pacman »

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2008, 02:58:14 PM »
This is the one I got...  http://btjunkie.org/torrent/Guns-N-Roses-Chinese-Democracy-2008-MrD-tRg-Music-Release/32830802ae3e877212877880d2093cdffb74bb59369a

From the look of the tracklist, this is just a compilation of demos that arent going to make the album, or demos that arent final versions.  Oh My God was a song from '99 off of the End of Days soundtrack.  Silkworms was never leaked as a demo and was only played live.  Looks like a BS leak.