Author Topic: Eddie Jones thinking retirement after trade to Pacers...  (Read 298 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Eddie Jones thinking retirement after trade to Pacers...
« on: October 19, 2008, 02:17:59 AM »
Eddie Jones thinking retirement

Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - Eddie Jones, who was acquired by the Indiana Pacers (along with two 2nd round picks) in last week's deal that sent forward Shawne Williams to the Dallas Mavericks, is apparently thinking retirement.

Jones will not join the Pacers this season, instead working out a deal for less money than he was supposed to make for the upcoming season. This allows the team to clear salary cap room to sign another player to a veteran minimum contract without exceeding the NBA luxury tax threshold.

The veteran swingman -- who will turn 37 years old on Monday -- has played in 14 NBA seasons with the Lakers, Charlotte Hornets, Miami, Memphis Grizzlies and Mavericks. In 954 games, the former first-round pick owns lifetime averages of 14.8 points, 2.9 assists and 4.0 rebounds.

"Eddie has had a terrific career and has been a great professional and we appreciate him working with us on this agreement," said Pacers President of Basketball Operations Larry Bird. "This will allow us to go out and sign another player if we want to."

Jones had a nice career...kinda subsided quick, but he was a star and a class act, nonetheless.

GENERIK

• 'G'
  • THE DARK TRAIL
Re: Eddie Jones thinking retirement after trade to Pacers...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 02:58:28 AM »
i just remember him on the lakers...

wcsoldier

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 01:28:50 PM »
I still remember that game when he posterized Bradley TWICE like it was yersterday , the crowd was going nuts

thisoneguy360

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 01:45:30 PM »
Lol ^ Who didn't posterize Bradley  :laugh:

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 11:42:57 PM »
My Pacers are going to have so much damn money to spend next off-season but the problem is I dont think a lot of free agents are going to want to live in Indiana :-\

DIP DIP SET SET

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 12:00:22 AM »
My fav player in the Lakers back in the days.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 10:08:31 AM »
My Pacers are going to have so much damn money to spend next off-season but the problem is I dont think a lot of free agents are going to want to live in Indiana :-\

But we have poor weather, and corn! Who wouldn't love this place?