Author Topic: West Needs More Quality  (Read 803 times)

penenstamp

Re: West Needs More Quality
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2008, 11:23:12 AM »
The Game is collabing with Ne-Yo and he's all over the airwaves making these bomb tracks.  Ice Cube's last big hit was when he collabed with Lil Jon ("Roll Call").  I don't understand why he is moving his career backwards.

No one with a right state of mind wants to hear Ne-Yo.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2008, 11:42:17 AM »
bring back Lady of Rage and YO YO.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2008, 12:53:46 PM »
And at shit one at that... no one wants to hear Cube with all those dudes.

That's why The Game runs the Westcoast and Ice Cube is now irrelavant.  Nobody listens to his music outside of a few from L.A. because he isn't making 2008 music.  He has the full capability to do it.  But he needs to take some notes from E-40, Snoop, Too Short, Baby Bash, and update his sound.

The Game is collabing with Ne-Yo and he's all over the airwaves making these bomb tracks.  Ice Cube's last big hit was when he collabed with Lil Jon ("Roll Call").  I don't understand why he is moving his career backwards.

Cube irrelevant? Lol and all those people on your list are more so? Ego Trippin flopped mainly because Snoop CAN'T make his mind up what direction he wants his music to go? Too Short? Same. Bash, are you kidding me? Cube went gold on his last album doing it his way. That song with Lil Jon was on a album that sold 3 million. And he is indie. Updating your sound and selling out to do it are 2 completely different things.

What makes you think Cube having all those people would equal more sales? Look at Nelly's album. That shit tanked. Game had a lot of people doing hooks and he is a exception to the rule. Cube don't need 500000 guests to carry a album.

And to find quality west coast releases, look no further than dubcnn this past week. Indef, Wing, Mykestro and others. But you are probably listed on Forbes 500 list so you know what you are talking about.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2008, 12:58:34 PM »
This comes from the same guy that said Raw Footage should look like this:

This would be my tracklist if I was the executive producer and it would have platinum written all over it:

Ice Cube -- "My Footage"

01 - I Love L.A. (ft. Keisha Cole) * keisha would lead it off and cube would deliver the verses for a westcoast classic you can ride to
02 - Cube's Pain (ft. T-Pain) * This would be a darker track about growing up and struggling with T-Pain on the hook and have a piano in the beat
03 - Do Ya Thang
04 - LA Nites (ft. T-Pain) * This would be the signature T-Pain party track
05 - Why Me? (ft. Babyface) * Replace Musiqsoulchild with Babyface
06 - Les Deux and Area (ft. Nas & Jagged Edge) * party track with nas and cube flossing and JE on the hook
07 - V.I.P. (ft. Rick Ross & R. Kelly) * party track talking about what happens when ross and cube roll up to the club with kel's on the hook
08 - Get Money, Spend Money, No Money
09 - Get Used To It (ft. The Game & WC) * banger
10 - We Rich (ft. Snoop Dogg & Fat Joe) * party track with cube and fat joe going back and forth and snoop dogg on the hook
11 - Boss Major (ft. DJ Khaled & Rick Ross) * cube talking about coming up and his movie career and ross talking about coming up with khaled on the beat
12 - I Got My Locs On (ft. Young Jeezy)
13 - Get My Drink On (ft. Tha Dogg Pound)  * add a Cube verse to the track and chalk it up for the classics
14 - Friday Night Lights (ft. Kanye West) * cube and kanye talking about all the girls that want to sleep with them for the lifestyle and the money
15 - Get Busy Girrrl (ft. Nelly & Akon) * party track with nelly getting the girls to move while cube tells them to shake their ass and akon brings the smooth hook
16 - Take Me Away (ft. Lil Wayne & Bobby Valentino) * depressing track with lil wayne spitting a deep verse and valentino on a depressing hook
17 - Thank God (ft. Kanye West & Usher) - throw kanye and usher on telling stories of prayer and give thanks to the man upstairs

That would be your everyday album that's currently hitting the charts.

That don't guarantee success. And Cube would probably lose more fans then gain with that. And everybody would say how he is a sellout.

penenstamp

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2008, 01:20:14 PM »

This would be my tracklist if I was the executive producer and it would have platinum written all over it:

Ice Cube -- "My Footage"

01 - I Love L.A. (ft. Keisha Cole) * keisha would lead it off and cube would deliver the verses for a westcoast classic you can ride to
02 - Cube's Pain (ft. T-Pain) * This would be a darker track about growing up and struggling with T-Pain on the hook and have a piano in the beat
03 - Do Ya Thang
06 - Les Deux and Area (ft. Nas & Jagged Edge) * party track with nas and cube flossing and JE on the hook
07 - V.I.P. (ft. Rick Ross & R. Kelly) * party track talking about what happens when ross and cube roll up to the club with kel's on the hook
10 - We Rich (ft. Snoop Dogg & Fat Joe) * party track with cube and fat joe going back and forth and snoop dogg on the hook
11 - Boss Major (ft. DJ Khaled & Rick Ross) * cube talking about coming up and his movie career and ross talking about coming up with khaled on the beat
13 - Get My Drink On (ft. Tha Dogg Pound)  * add a Cube verse to the track and chalk it up for the classics
14 - Friday Night Lights (ft. Kanye West) * cube and kanye talking about all the girls that want to sleep with them for the lifestyle and the money
15 - Get Busy Girrrl (ft. Nelly & Akon) * party track with nelly getting the girls to move while cube tells them to shake their ass and akon brings the smooth hook
16 - Take Me Away (ft. Lil Wayne & Bobby Valentino) * depressing track with lil wayne spitting a deep verse and valentino on a depressing hook
17 - Thank God (ft. Kanye West & Usher) - throw kanye and usher on telling stories of prayer and give thanks to the man upstairs

That don't guarantee success. And Cube would probably lose more fans then gain with that. And everybody would say how he is a sellout.

Then why did you post that tracklist you made up yourself? lol

yeapp

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2008, 01:33:32 PM »
And at shit one at that... no one wants to hear Cube with all those dudes.

That's why The Game runs the Westcoast and Ice Cube is now irrelavant.  Nobody listens to his music outside of a few from L.A. because he isn't making 2008 music.  He has the full capability to do it.  But he needs to take some notes from E-40, Snoop, Too Short, Baby Bash, and update his sound.

Shoc thread you can not be serious

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2008, 02:04:36 PM »

Ice Cube -- "My Footage"

03 - Do Ya Thang

Then why did you post that tracklist you made up yourself? lol

The thread starter posted that not me. That is why I said this is the same person that said RF should look like this. You would not catch me EVER posting a lsit like that. Lol

penenstamp

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2008, 02:52:55 PM »
my bad! ;D

love33

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2008, 04:00:45 PM »
Let's see -- Cube (who is fully capable of making hits) doesn't keep up with the trends in Hip Hop anymore and that's why he's irrelevant.  200,000 copies is a joke for Ice Cube.  This guy should be selling millions.  Now if you listen to some of his best work like the War & Peace album, he kept up with the trends at the time in Hip Hop and he was all over the club.  Like go listen to "We Be Clubbin" and "Until We Rich."  He used to keep up with the times and do good music like "Friday," "You Know How We Do It" (when G-Funk was hot), "It Was A Good Day" (1993).  But now it's 2008 and his music sounds late 1990's.  He's not getting the right producers and the right looks.

Okay, Snoop, Too Short, E-40, is in the clubs with "Sexual Seduction," "Life Of The Party," "Keep Bouncin'," "Shake Dat Monkey," "Dat Baby Don't Look Like Me," "Blow The Whistle," "U And Dat," and "Wake It Up."  You can go out to any club and likely hear some of these tracks.

Cube hasn't been in the club since him and Lil Jon dropped that banger "Roll Call" and before then you have to go all the way back to the late 90's with "We Be Clubbin."

If Cube used that tracklist above he would sell multi-platinum.  He needs to start collabin with the right cats.  Nas, who is way better than Cube, collabs with The Game on a track "We Make The World Go Around" where they talk about all the dollars they are dropping and how they shine.  Cube needs to start making music like The Game and Nas.  He needs to collab with people like on Kanye, Wayne, Ne-Yo, Bobby Valentino, and have a tracklist similar to that one above.  It would put him back into the kids IPOD's and make him a mainstream face again and put him back on people's walls.  He needs to get with Akon and E-40, and learn how to wake it up again!

XL Middleton

• Crown City Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • www.xlmiddleton.com
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2008, 05:07:33 PM »
man at least i made it to #2 on the list right under bishop i call that a good look!!! lol...shiiiit everyone is entitled 2 their opinions but i dont exactly see the comparison between myself and eiht. if anything u listening too hard to the beats and not enough to the lyrics cuz im a hip hop artist who spits over west coast beats (and even then, not all the time, i just somehow built a reputation for that) tell me how often has that been done??? as far as the dissing goes, who have i dissed? i have my general criticisms and im entitled to have those, but the fact that i dont run around naming names and calling ppl out should tell u that i dont say things just to get attention. but a, if i'm a "role player" then so be it, everyone has a role to play in terms of this music scene, i never said i wanted to lead the movement, i just have my little portion that i wanna contribute and beyond that im cool...

"We Don't Fuck Wit U" sounds like you and Boss dissing a grip of cats on that cut.  Boss callin some cats "fags" and "homos" and "You the funny type never did nothing, so you frontin, I don't just walk the walk, I run it..."   "So I rap, hustle a little, and I'm a pimp like Money Mike..."
On your verse, "I know you thought that you had it...Gotta problem then handle it...Why you mad?...Gotta get rid of them before they leave the westside ruined...I'ma put a stop to it."

And goin at someone on "I Don't Like You" track:
"Some of you rappers be sniffin cocaine...I got the most cold aim...I thought you nerds was smart...get murdered or shot...Come and fuck with me after you release the album...and it's a 1000 of you so-so rappers actin' like you got the top 5 status..."  "Don't think you slick dumby...Fuck a rap, you like Black Eye Peas, you need the white girl to get money"  "I don't like you, I don't like you"  The whole song is pretty much dissing a cat.  Boss's verse is callin a cat out too: "Who is you foolin jack? It's fuckin up the game...success is determined by who stack hardest, not a website promotin' fakeass rap artists..."  On the closure of the song, "You thought that shit was about YOU? Yeah it was about you! Go ahead and get your little mediocre diss records ready"...the whole song is pretty much thowin jabs...

I just think it's childish for all these subliminal dissing back and forth of artists that have not even established themselves and people then associate the artist with a cat who just throws out disses and negative energy.  I like an artist who bring real creativity and energy to the table and try to get better and come up to put the west in the limelight on the big stage.  I think we need more of working together with the best producers and artists that want to progress forward with less of the beef that nobody pays any attention to and creates drama.

I like that "Gettin Breezy" track you did with the laid back hook, I still bump that in my rotation, it' s got that Southern California feel to it.  And I think that "Major" track that you did was a banger.  But I would like to see more club jams like maybe put it down with E-40 and Roscoe, Felli Fel, Eastwood, Baby Bash, Too Short, Snoop, Kanye, T-Pain, or Akon.  How about maybe using Keith Sweat on a hook or Bobby Valentino?  I think that versatility is the difference between an average artist and a superstar.  I'd like to see you work with DJ Felli Fel, Swizz Beatz, Mannie Fresh, and Cool and Dre.

ok well i gotta say i respect u for the fact that u really listened to the lyrics...and hearing your reaction to it makes me think i didnt really get my point across correctly, at least on the "i don't like you" track...cuz the thing is while i was voicing some of my opinions, i was also making fun of rappers who diss other rappers just to get attention, that's why i ended it out with "get your mediocre diss records ready" since it always seems like there's someone going at someone for whatever reason they can come up with...what i wanna know is, why isn't it ok for us to voice our opinions? i mean, if anything the reason me and Boss made that song was the same reason you made this thread, right???

The West Coast needs to move forward and drop all the groupie beefs.  Beefs with unestablished rappers just hurt the coast, cause artists not to work together, and create drama on the streets.  We have too many nonsense beefs -- expressing your opinion is one thing, but logic and respect is another.  Many of the artists that I have on that list lack professionalism and they start drama before they've even dropped a mainstream hit record.  Then the artist is simply known as a "hater" or someone who just disses for attention.  These artist would rather diss someone on a mix tape then try to get out there and grind out hits with the major faces.

At the end of the day, everyone has the right to their opinion.  But when you have an entire coast with no unity, the fans and the artists lose at the end of the day.  Look at some of the beefs we have out here: I could name many but lets look at Crooked I and Snoop beef for example -- This has been going on since 2000 when Crook signed with Death Row and Crook and Snoop exchanged disses back and forth.  We're in 2008 and many artists on the West Coast won't get near Crooked I because they are afraid Snoop will cut ties with them completely.  Therefore, these rappers on the West are taking sides and thinking that their careers are going to be damaged if they work with a certain artist.  You should never have to worry about losing networking ability in the industry because you work with a certain artist.  And we're talking about artists who aren't even established like Crooked I, Bishop Lamont, etc.

We lose in the end because we never get to hear a new Crooked I and Snoop track and several artists have erased Crook's name out of the phone because they afraid Snoop will cut them off.  In reality, Snoop is solid but he is not bringing any new artists up.  And then you have mindless artists going at the #1 rapper for sales right now in The Game.  The South doesn't alienate their artists if friction is to occur like the West Coast does.  Newer artists don't get networked into the bigtime producers such as Snoop has the ability to introduce a lot of young artists to bigtime producers like Pharrel, Scott Storch, Lil Jon, Mannie Fresh, Swizz Beatz, Akon, Kanye West, etc.  I have another thread about Felli Fel being our only super producer and all everyone says is he doesn't do anything for the West but if you check his resume he has produced records for West Coast artists it's just nobody is taking advantage of the resources and hollering at him.

Now that Crooked I / Snoop beef example is just one of many examples I could give.  Just look at "All Eyez On Me" -- partially what made that album so great besides Pac being at his prime was the fact that damn near every artist on the West was on there and working together!  We're talking E-40, The Outlawz, Rappin 4 Ray, Richie Rich, Snoop Dogg, Tha Dogg Pound, DJ Quik, Danny Boy, Dr. Dre, Nate Dogg, etc.  We had our own producers in the 90's like Daz Dillinger, Johnny J, LT Hutton, Blackqtoven, DJ Quik, Dr. Dre, QD III, DJ Pooh, Warren G, Soopafly, and more.  We can't have an album like that no more because everyone is worried about dissing everyone.  Dre can't even put together a lineup with having drama on the West.  There's no forgiveness on the Westcoast -- just fakeness, bitterness, and groupies that carry other artists bags thinking it's going to make them a hit record.  That's why I like the Eastwood's and Roscoe's that are up and coming -- these are real rappers that are about their business in putting out hit records, working with the entire coast, and trying to smash out records.  How many groupies have Snoop went through and not one of them has blown?  If T.I. and Ludacris, who are two established names can put their differences behind them, then so should these West cats who never accomplished anything on a mainstream platform.

i hear what u saying...my thought process with that song definitely didn't stretch that far out, as far as building unity or helping bring the west back or whatever. it was just another song on my album and i leaked it out there cuz i felt like it would be an interesting listen for most ppl, and on that end i think i was right!!! i'm all for unity if it's real unity, right now we got that type of unity to where cats might socialize and network for a minute then go back their own private circles and talk shit about one another and i can't be a part of that!!! my opinions have been shared through forums like these and through my music so u dont have to wonder where i stand on things.

on the other hand, if u wanna talk about unity, wait until u see what i'm brewing up with Clinton Wayne, Dr. Stank, Sly Boogy & Coolwadda...i know that was off topic a lil bit but just 2 let folks know...
XLMIDDLETON.COM
TWITTER.COM/XLMIDDLETON
FACEBOOK.COM/XLMIDDLETON
YOUTUBE.COM/XLMIDDLETONMUSIC
MYSPACE.COM/XLMIDDLETON

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2008, 06:25:56 PM »
Let's see -- Cube (who is fully capable of making hits) doesn't keep up with the trends in Hip Hop anymore and that's why he's irrelevant.  200,000 copies is a joke for Ice Cube.  This guy should be selling millions.  Now if you listen to some of his best work like the War & Peace album, he kept up with the trends at the time in Hip Hop and he was all over the club.  Like go listen to "We Be Clubbin" and "Until We Rich."  He used to keep up with the times and do good music like "Friday," "You Know How We Do It" (when G-Funk was hot), "It Was A Good Day" (1993).  But now it's 2008 and his music sounds late 1990's.  He's not getting the right producers and the right looks.

Okay, Snoop, Too Short, E-40, is in the clubs with "Sexual Seduction," "Life Of The Party," "Keep Bouncin'," "Shake Dat Monkey," "Dat Baby Don't Look Like Me," "Blow The Whistle," "U And Dat," and "Wake It Up."  You can go out to any club and likely hear some of these tracks.

Cube hasn't been in the club since him and Lil Jon dropped that banger "Roll Call" and before then you have to go all the way back to the late 90's with "We Be Clubbin."

If Cube used that tracklist above he would sell multi-platinum.  He needs to start collabin with the right cats.  Nas, who is way better than Cube, collabs with The Game on a track "We Make The World Go Around" where they talk about all the dollars they are dropping and how they shine.  Cube needs to start making music like The Game and Nas.  He needs to collab with people like on Kanye, Wayne, Ne-Yo, Bobby Valentino, and have a tracklist similar to that one above.  It would put him back into the kids IPOD's and make him a mainstream face again and put him back on people's walls.  He needs to get with Akon and E-40, and learn how to wake it up again!

You Can Do It, Go To Church, Dollar Bill Yall were all in the clubs. Do Ya Thang as well. Cube aint all in the clubs like that because his music is not strictly club music. And that tracklist you put up does not seal the deal sales wise. Game is barely at gold with a similar tracklisting. And how cohesive would that album sound? That is a itunes dream album. Just buy the tracks you want because a lot of people would find that suspect for Cube with that many guests. Name guests don't equal quality and actually suggest the artist can't hold a album on they own.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2008, 08:40:50 PM »
Ya Boy, Glasses Malone, Bishop, Crooked, Eastwood, Roscoe and Yukmouth are the only rappers on the west I fuck with right now, I dont give a shit about the rest

DIP DIP SET SET

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2008, 01:32:18 AM »
You Can Do It, Go To Church, Dollar Bill Yall were all in the clubs. Do Ya Thang as well. Cube aint all in the clubs like that because his music is not strictly club music. And that tracklist you put up does not seal the deal sales wise. Game is barely at gold with a similar tracklisting. And how cohesive would that album sound? That is a itunes dream album. Just buy the tracks you want because a lot of people would find that suspect for Cube with that many guests. Name guests don't equal quality and actually suggest the artist can't hold a album on they own.

like i said before D~Nice, don't take love33 serious, it ain't worth it man  ;)

penenstamp

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2008, 01:34:55 AM »
Ya Boy, Glasses Malone, Bishop, Crooked, Eastwood, Roscoe and Yukmouth are the only rappers on the west I fuck with right now, I dont give a shit about the rest

I'm glad you're not on that Dipset music anymore.