Author Topic: With EliteXC out of business, what happens with KIMBO SLICE...?  (Read 373 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: With EliteXC out of business, what happens with KIMBO SLICE...?
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2008, 10:37:32 AM »
^so he didn't have any defense and took a gang of shots, yet he still won the fight...wouldn't this go against the theory of him having a glass jaw? why does it always have to be lose-lose with Kimbo? he has his strengths and he has his weaknesses, like any fighter. he might not be fully trained, but he has the natural ability. Kimbo is the type of fighter who woulda been a GOAT had he grown up around an MMA enviroment.

Intriago33

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2008, 11:59:38 AM »
^so he didn't have any defense and took a gang of shots, yet he still won the fight...wouldn't this go against the theory of him having a glass jaw? why does it always have to be lose-lose with Kimbo? he has his strengths and he has his weaknesses, like any fighter. he might not be fully trained, but he has the natural ability. Kimbo is the type of fighter who woulda been a GOAT had he grown up around an MMA enviroment.

He was fighting James Thompson who notoriously has a glass jaw. The idea was to bring him in so Kimbo could knock him the fvck out, but Kimbo didn't have the power to do so.

Let's look at Kimbo's opponents at the time he fought them:

1)Bo Cantrell (10-10)
Bo came into this fight losing four fights in a row. Bo doesn't have one win over a legit fighter on his resume.

2)David 'Tank' Abbott (9-13)
Tank lives off his name when he was a brawler ten years ago. Tanks most noticable win was over Cabbage and that was his last win in 2005. Tank does carry power, but he is very much a one dimensional slugger. He came into this fight with 1 win his last 8 bouts.

3)James Thompson (14-8)
James was also brought in due to his inability to take a strong shot. The stage was made for Kimbo to knock this guy out in a major way on national television. Thompson does have power himself with a TKO victory over legend Don Frye in a hard fought fight.
Thomspon came into this fight following two, first found knock outs.

Overal records of the time they came in to the fight with Kimbo - (33-31).

Now, for me, Thompson was Kimbo's first legit fight as a MMA fighter. I didn't expect him to come through but he did so props to him on that. In my eyes Kimbo has fougth two C-Level HW's, and he has gone 1-1. He is not a total failure, but there is no way he is doing anything major in this sport.
Let him continue to fight strikers worse than him and enjoy it for what it is.

Just because you look like a scary dude, it doesn't mean you are a scary dude. Look at Nate Diaz, he looks like a 15 year old child, yet he is one bad motherfucker who is currently 4-0 in the UFC since he won TUF, over some legit competition.

I hope this lays this beaten down horse to rest.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 12:03:03 PM by Intriago »

Kool Beenz

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2008, 02:49:21 PM »
in all honestly Kimbo went into the wrong sport
if he would of took up boxing he would have been 15-0 right now and knocked out alot more bums and due to the lack of contenders and prospects he would of been fighting for a championship by now.
Not saying that he can beat either of the Klitchsko brothers because he cant but he could of atleast beatin another Russian.
He could have always signed to Don King who would of gave him a great match up against Hasim Rahman, James Toney, Sam Peter or Tony Thompson.
MMA wasent for him and it was proven when he got knocked out.
I guess the next step is wrestling

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2008, 03:40:20 PM »
i just think he was hyped up way too much...he's just an ol school brawler,swingin for the fences and knockin bitches out. thats what he is and shouldnt be expected to be technical. IMO he either got gassed up by yes men yappin in his ear and took dude lightly and got lit up. Or he was approached to throw the fight and figured he would take the money and run. he should just milk his 15 mins. of fame and call it a career.

Muhfukka

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2008, 03:44:40 PM »
i just think he was hyped up way too much...he's just an ol school brawler,swingin for the fences and knockin bitches out. thats what he is and shouldnt be expected to be technical. IMO he either got gassed up by yes men yappin in his ear and took dude lightly and got lit up. Or he was approached to throw the fight and figured he would take the money and run. he should just milk his 15 mins. of fame and call it a career.
this guy knows whats up

Kool Beenz

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2008, 05:33:22 PM »

exactly thats why i say he should of been a boxer...