Author Topic: Three stabbed at urban music awards  (Read 316 times)

KURUPTION-81

Three stabbed at urban music awards
« on: November 16, 2008, 10:54:18 AM »
Hundreds of people at a major music awards show at the O2 Arena have been questioned after a huge brawl broke out last night leaving two men injured, one critically from stab wounds.

There were chaotic scenes after the violence erupted at last night’s 6th Annual Urban Music Awards forcing organisers to abandon the ceremony after an hour and a half.

Eyewitnesses spoke of seeing “blood all over the floor” after a huge brawl broke out at around 10pm at the arena in East London, sending champagne bottles and chairs flying and causing general “hysteria”.

Elsewhere detectives were investigating two separate stabbing incidents that left two men dead and two seriously injured in Wigan and Bedford.

At the O2 Arena around 300 guests were stuck inside the venue until the early hours while police blocked the exits and questioned people one by one before allowing them out.

One man was arrested and is in custody.

Mike Muller, 38, from London, said: “(The police) locked the place down and to get out I have been questioned three times by three different officers.”

He added: “I was on the table right next to where it happened - it was general confusion, hysteria.”

Guests also spoke of light security arrangements at last night’s event.

Natalie Williams, 32, said: “There was no security, nothing. Before anything even happened I commented to my boyfriend, because we live nearby and come here a lot, and we usually get screened coming into the building. Tonight there was nothing.”

Mark Hudson, 28 and from London, added: “There’s a reputation with these events that people carry knives. But there were no searches, no nothing. I was worried about this before I came here.”

Of the mayhem, he said: “It was a big brawl, I would guess about 25 or 30 people, with chairs being thrown.”

Another guest, Andre Nevling, 24, said a woman sitting at the same table as himself was “covered” in blood.

“Obviously the guy who got stabbed must have run straight past her and she’s pretty shaken up. I came out of the auditorium and looked at her and she was just standing there. I saw blood all over the floor and then I was like, ’Jesus you’re covered in it’,” he said.

The awards were held in the indigO2, a 2,350 capacity venue inside The O2 Arena.

Dozens of police arrived after 10pm and cordoned off an area covering approximately six tables inside the auditorium.

The critically injured man is said to be black and in his twenties. The other injured man has been released from hospital after receiving treatment.

Estelle, Adele, Leona Lewis, Dizzee Rascal and Duffy were among the performers nominated for awards at last night’s ceremony.

In Wigan police were called to an address in Ashton-in-Makerfield shortly after 1.45am and found three men had been stabbed and a woman had suffered cuts to her hand.

The three men were taken to hospital where one later died.

A 27-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in custody for questioning.

Detectives in Bedford are today investigating the murder of a 19-year-old man who was stabbed to death. The victim raised the alarm after making his way to a club but was pronounced dead at hospital.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article5165784.ece
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 11:40:15 AM by KURUPTION-81 »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
Re: Three stabbed at urban music awards
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 11:17:09 AM »
Thats why they call it the urban music awards!

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 04:46:43 PM »
damn...................
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

wardy

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 02:31:57 PM »
Knife crime in the UK is starting to become out of control but the police can't do shit to stop it

Elano

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 10:39:18 PM »
Knife crime in the UK is starting to become out of control but the police can't do shit to stop it

is starting ?  ::)

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 01:11:32 AM »
its going to get a lot worse now north london and east are beefin i expect to see a lot of this this winter

Elano

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 02:34:57 AM »
its going to get a lot worse now north london and east are beefin i expect to see a lot of this this winter

beefin for what ? if its for football is nothing new

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 02:46:30 AM »

beefin for what ? if its for football is nothing new

nar grime scene ish...not that i expect any artists to actually get killed but it encourages the goons in the ends to beef ill up some of the songs when im @ home

MediumL

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 09:52:41 AM »
Move to west london. Left stabbings and less skets  8)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 01:21:50 PM »
happend right near sways table

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM