Author Topic: did crooked i evr spit over a rick ross beat?  (Read 561 times)

AnybodyKilla

Re: did crooked i evr spit over a rick ross beat?
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 10:15:42 PM »

and I think Crooked is MUCH MORE talented than Ross as a lyricist.

What are you smoking? Ross (the real "Boss") is one of the best lyricist in the game.  Crook isn't even in Ross' league.  Ross has a killer flow and he popularized his own style of figurative metaphorical rhyming.  I agree with your statement about how Crook couldn't make that beat a better track than Ross, but I just don't know how you could say Crook is a better lyricist when Ross popularized his style of rhyming.  Rick Ross ghostwrites for a lot of heavy hitters on the scene.

"Lease apartments to get kicked out it
Next day, buy a condo to get a kick out it"

"I'm tryna chill today, I got a million on my mind
Dice in my hand, one roll, I blow your mind"

LMAAOOO @ u. wow kill urself please.....wash ur mouth out with buckshot seriously....rick ross? the cop is one of the best lyricists in the game. crookeds worst flows are better than this fat bitchs best.

i dont even know what to say to that besides leave this site immediately and go join the task force with ur boy rick rawssss the bawssss lol

You're an ignorant hater.  Ross ghostwrites for Jay-Z, Kanye West, Trick Daddy, and more.  Jay-Z, who is a genius, wouldn't sign Ross if he wasn't a success and both of his albums debuted at #1.  Go say that in a non-all West website and you'll get laughed out.  Crook isn't even in Ross' league.  Just check the profits.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 11:09:09 PM »
Rick Ross ghostwrites for a lot of heavy hitters on the scene.

Oh yeah and Lil Wayne ghostwrites for Nas and Young Jeezy for Common...

And since when has bling bling rappers been lyricists? 50 Cent must be godlike then...propably is compared to Ross.

love33

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 10:29:16 AM »

And since when has bling bling rappers been lyricists? 50 Cent must be godlike then...propably is compared to Ross.

Ross popularized the lyrical style to rhyme the same word with two different meanings.  Go listen to "Hustlin" with Jay-Z and that track is what started his big push.  Ross and 50 are both street rappers, not dictionary rappers.  Even Suge Knight said that Crook can't make a complete track in an interview and that's why he didn't release his music.  Go check the magazine reviews and nearly all of them talk about Ross' lyrics being top notch.  50 isn't in this discussion but since you wanna bring him in, he's a street rapper too.  Go listen to "Get Rich Or Die Tryin" that's one of the hardest albums of all time.  And these guys like Snoop and Daz who are westcoast artists have worked with Ross and 50.  That speaks volumes right there -- if they were no good you wouldn't see west coast cats knocking on their doors.  Ross and 50 sure ain't knockin on Crooked I's door.  The closest he can get is trying to use their beats for his mixtape.

FuckTheWorld

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 10:51:37 AM »
when crooked was rippin tracks into shreds with metaphors and similes rickross was chewing on donuts .

and just because you work someone dont mean he dope especially in todays hiphopworld, if your "hot" right now everyone will be on your nuts and working with you to get your own shit out and push numbers

thebayinthebildin

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 12:19:16 PM »
yea sounds like that fool judges how "good" a rapper is by how many records they sell

most of the time its bitches buyin the cds anyways they just wanna get there dance on and shit.....

lil wayne, rick ross, dj khaled blah blah blah all these rappers are bubble gum rappers...listen to them too long they lose their flavor and they are just a fad in a couple years they will be gone

crooked has been in the game for yearssssssss and if u dont believe hes better than the police officer then listen to hip hop weekly bitch

52 free tracks of the sickest bars ur ever gonna hear

love33

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2008, 03:50:39 PM »
and just because you work someone dont mean he dope especially in todays hiphopworld, if your "hot" right now everyone will be on your nuts and working with you to get your own shit out and push numbers

Crooked I ain't ever been "hot."  We're talking about a guy here that said he was going to "save the Westcoast".  Who cares about this guy's mixtapes and the excuses he has and why he can never drop a damn album?  Sorry, but The Game saved the Westcoast and 8 years later this guy still doesn't even have an album.  Ross runs Florida and his last two albums have debuted at #1.  Crooked is not even in his league.  The numbers speak the truth --  That's why artists like Daz put Ross on his lead single and not Crooked I.

You would get laughed at if you went on tv and said that.

FuckTheWorld

• 'G'
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2008, 06:00:10 PM »
thats because crooked doesnt portray a FAKE image to sell records
crookeds a real dude who is beyond that rap shit whereas rickross is a brainless "rapper"

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GsMsVkMac5w&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/GsMsVkMac5w&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

rickross can NEVER write and spit a song like this

love33

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2008, 12:26:54 AM »
thats because crooked doesnt portray a FAKE image to sell records
crookeds a real dude who is beyond that rap shit whereas rickross is a brainless "rapper"

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GsMsVkMac5w&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/GsMsVkMac5w&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

rickross can NEVER write and spit a song like this

First off, that was some rumor made up by some internet groupies that had too much time on their hands.  Here is a credibile source (notice I said credible, not some bootleg kids on a forum):  http://www.vibe.com/news/news_headlines/2008/07/rick_ross_was_never_a_cop/

Rick Ross said his life is "100% real."  And bullshit aside, he makes good music -- he flows with the track, he has a unique rhyming talent, and his sound is addictive.  The critics all like "Trilla" as their favorite.  Although I like "Trilla," I prefer "Port of Miami" out of the two but they are both pure classics.

You can actually hear Florida in his music.  "Home from FAMU with a gorgeous face, next semester she transfer to Florida State"  --- the girl he talks about in that track is from Tallahassee because both FAMU and FSU are in Tally.  "She from up north and still can't believe the weather" -- he's referring to how a lot of northerners from the Midwest and East Coast visit or move to Florida and they can't believe how they have the best weather.  He talks about a lot of the drugs that pass through the Port of Miami in his music.  It's all real and represents his state.

Also, his rhyming phrases are unique and not too many rappers rhyme like he does, go listen to "Speedin" that's a banger:

"Ceasar's Salad, Cesar's Palace, you're not a boss lil nigga cause your cheese is average"

In the second verse of the track he talks about his trip to Southern California and go listen to that "Maybach Music" that's him and Jay-Z going back and forth, two of the greatest lyrcist ever:

"I bulletproofed the Maybach
Got a killer's intuition
Holding on that mack 11, Makaveli premonition
Waiting on my Suge Knight
One nation under God, since I
chose a thug's life"

streetpoetry5

• 'G'
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2008, 09:04:39 AM »
crooked i is definitely one of the best rappers out today....

FuckTheWorld

• 'G'
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2008, 09:42:41 AM »
lmoa i thought he admited it

http://www.defsounds.com/news/Rick_ross_finally_admits_co_past

"Name me one busta who came raw/He'll get his body chopped as quick as a nigga wit' butta fingas jugglin' chain saws"

Gangsta rap ain't dead, it never died - it took steroids to the head and became Crooked I"

"Ill throw you over the hedges
with bullets holes in your khaki suit
and you'll die behind a Bush
like Iraqi troops"

"acrobatic flow, asthmatic, sick psychopathic rappers back at it, skip the craftmatics, sleepin' on the baddest illmatic attic is just ass backwards, peep the mathamatics, no more semantics from that crack attic, the flow is black magic!"

"Like a portrait of Malcolm X, this the art of leadership"

You kids can't see me, I'm a rated-R screen"

"I'll serve him at the drop of a dime/
Fuck a written, off the top of my mind/
I cock diesel, Crooked's in his optimus prime/
In 10 minutes I thought of this rhyme/
My bottomless mind is too deep"

"Pull out the Ferrari I shit on opposition, I look in the rearview and I see my competition
I ain’t talking bout people behind my position, I’m talking bout my reflection
I’m my only competition"

- CROOKED I

"years of misery that my eyes recorded created flashbacks and memories got my mind distorted/
and my only therapy is recording rhymes hoping listeners online support it/
my DOPE lines are snorted/audio coke, let the masses abuse it/
if i couldnt spit classic verses this rapper would lose-it."

"I’m a Maybach, don’t play that
I’m vicious with the Mack, pistol sizzle in your ass
I’m a grave digger like my nigga RZA in the past
Since word is bond I vasectomies tongues
I got niggas doing cardio when I exercise guns"

"what do i think of the industry ? think its a FAG FEST/
rappers wearing their boxers backwards for easy ACCESS/
how you think ge got on? he aint that FRESH/
soon as a rapper die burry him in a black dress"

"You suckas want ruckus then you busters can come and get me
I sex your mama, it’s the mothafucka in me
Hit it doggystyle wearin’ nothin but a semi
Give me a reason to squeeze I’m reachin’ with ease
Knock you from your feet to your knees
Make it easy to bleed
Got a flow so cold
When I’m speaking niggas speakers’ll freeze
It ain’t no secret, I ether MC’s"

"I can cock verses merciless
I write all night like a nocturnal journalist
I grind all night, I’m my block top earner
Know you heard of this
Nigga who pop burners and serve you with the perfectness
I beg your pardon, C.O.B.’s deep
We marchin’ like 300 Spartans put you on milk cartons
So many guns in my room, call it the steel garden
Still get a thrill, when I shoot it, my dick hardens"

"Before your sold records your neck was naked
Your wrist was timeless, just like my freestyles
My paper stretch long, call it the Green Mile
The streets made my heart darker than Gotham
Crooked survived the hood now it’s harder to stop him
Even wanna support you whack artists who droppin’
But if I’m banging your shit then I’m part of the problem, wow
I’m hearing rappers complain
Saying the industry got too many Bloods and Crips, watch your lips
C.O.B. Crip Or Blood, Bang your clips
Eastside in the sky and I’m out this bitch"

- CROOKED I

"You See the weeklys give you a peek into my life,
give your speakers a view,
My musics a movie it features my crew, Its the steriod flow,
Wheres the Mitchell report,
I'm pitching to Cleamans while Barry Bonds sitting in court
They call the flow delicious blow get Hollywood bitches to snort
Sick lyrics of the rediculus sort, let it spread accross the nation
Serve you like Arthur Ashe
Rockin' a mask, so call this Arthur Jason
Yes, my Smith N Wess finesse altercations
Walkin' with chest out like breast augmentation
Lookin' for another gun I can miss use
Like Harris Publication I got is-sues
Like I stepped in dog shit I got ish shoes "

"Why you think I got the chainsaw on the artwork
So I can slice your chest open and watch your heart squirt
I’m layin’ iron on these marks like a starred shirt
You mothafuckas ain't pushin’ the line right
You washed up, now you just a whore for the limelight  (yes)
I can close my eyes and see right through you with my mind sight
Kill them phonies when the time’s right
I’m Crooked I, the one your favorite rapper’s scared to mention
Cause I’m out of their dimension
I’m the air to the chair with henchmen
Intentions prepare for vengeance
Bitch niggas should wear hair extensions, yeah
This is my introduction to the US
You don’t know my name? just address me as the New West

i can go on for days

crooked i's hiphopweekly >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> rickross career

EFFeX

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2008, 10:21:55 AM »

Ross popularized the lyrical style to rhyme the same word with two different meanings.  Go listen to "Hustlin" with Jay-Z and that track is what started his big push.  Ross and 50 are both street rappers, not dictionary rappers.  Even Suge Knight said that Crook can't make a complete track in an interview and that's why he didn't release his music.  Go check the magazine reviews and nearly all of them talk about Ross' lyrics being top notch.  50 isn't in this discussion but since you wanna bring him in, he's a street rapper too.  Go listen to "Get Rich Or Die Tryin" that's one of the hardest albums of all time.  And these guys like Snoop and Daz who are westcoast artists have worked with Ross and 50.  That speaks volumes right there -- if they were no good you wouldn't see west coast cats knocking on their doors.  Ross and 50 sure ain't knockin on Crooked I's door.  The closest he can get is trying to use their beats for his mixtape.

Wasn't Dipset doing the same word style when they hit the scene?