Author Topic: Roy Jones got his fuckin ass beat!  (Read 303 times)

Elano

Re: Roy Jones got his fuckin ass beat!
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2008, 11:57:53 PM »
Did Calzaghe end three famous careers?

There is good chance that we saw the last of two legendary careers at Madison Square Garden shortly after midnight on Sunday morning. Joe Calzaghe seems determined to bow out on top, while Roy Jones Jr saw his career essentially end in a much more traditional way -taking a beating as he discovered his powers deserted him. Some compared Jones to the Muhammad Ali the lost to Larry Holmes in 1980, but I liked the line of Ron Borges, who said that Roy Jones Jr became Roy Jones Sr during the bout.

Jones, like Calzaghe, said he would not make a decision quickly about his future, but he has far fewer options than Joe. But those two might not be the only legendary careers finished. What now for Bernard Hopkins?

Hopkins had been hoping for a Jones win to set up a rematch 15 years after Jones won the original. On the back of beating Kelly Pavlik, Hopkins should be hot property, but Calzaghe has made it clear he is not interested in a rematch - Hopkins's constant fouling, holding, feigning injury and the lack of respect shown by the American after their bout in April are the reasons - while it is difficult to see a Jones bout being viable. So what is left for Hopkins, who does not fight for cheap... Chad Dawson?

But I was surprised to see William Hill quote odds of 4-11 that Calzaghe would box on and 2-1 that he would not box in 2009. Ladbrokes offer 7-4 that his next opponent is Jones- weren't they watching? Personally, I believe he will retire.

Mikkel Kessler was also ringside with Mogens Palle, his promoter, hoping for the chance of a rematch with Calzaghe. Kessler said he wanted the bout to be a super-middleweight, Palle said he was happy for the bout to be in Cardiff at light-heavyweight.

Calzaghe had another idea. "Why don't you fight Hopkins?" he told Kessler. "That's a great fight. I'll promote it and stay outside the ring."

and calzaghe ?

just a little scratch on his nose ;D
fuckin amazing!  8)

Kool Beenz

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 12:00:22 AM »
he wants to continue fighting
LMAO he wants to aim at a tarver/johnson rematch
a fight with Dawson or a rematch with Hopkins

dude needs to hang up the gloves all those dudes can beat him except Tarver and that would just be a boring fight because Tarver is a boring fighter

CoreG37

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 01:06:21 AM »
Tarver needs to shut up and sit his ass down somewhere as well.  He really thought he was gonna beat Dawson.  The fight he had before Dawson against Woods was painful to watch as well