Author Topic: Question about mixtapes!??  (Read 141 times)

RECOGNIZE187

Question about mixtapes!??
« on: November 14, 2008, 06:54:44 PM »
Can u sell your mixtape ?...(streets,internet...and so on...)....if u rap on other beats!
meaning : its not your instrumentals...

Coz i saw some rappers sellin mixtapes (some even without DJ....hosted by DJ bla bla)...

so ...if its not your beats...can u still sell it???:)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: Question about mixtapes!??
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 06:59:18 PM »
People do it but if a artists goes after them and sues they are fucked. Most people understand the mixtape game and really don't trip but yeah it can and does happen though.

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 07:14:01 PM »
People do it but if a artists goes after them and sues they are fucked. Most people understand the mixtape game and really don't trip but yeah it can and does happen though.

yea thats what im sayin..they can sue them damn...well..in my case...im from Europe LOL...they wont found out HAHA:)..also U give them props usin their beats:)...

and mixtape  is never on record label...so fuck it...ima sell my shit HAHA
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 07:16:22 PM by RECOGNIZE187 »

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 07:22:02 PM »

yea thats what im sayin..they can sue them damn...well..in my case...im from Europe LOL...they wont found out HAHA:)..also U give them props usin their beats:)...

and mixtape  is never on record label...so fuck it...ima sell my shit HAHA

Yeah the artists and producers rarely trip. Records labels do if it is some exclusive shit and it gets back to them.

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 03:55:48 AM »
After what happened to Drama and Cannon people have started making street albums meaning it is pretty much a mixtape, it still has DJs but it has original beats.

penenstamp

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 06:44:08 AM »
After what happened to Drama and Cannon people have started making street albums meaning it is pretty much a mixtape, it still has DJs but it has original beats.

That was for the good, but Drama is still active and that is of course not a positive thing.

EFFeX

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 10:51:54 AM »
This is the reason why most mixtapes say "For Promotional Use Only" on them, sort of an insurance policy in case they get in trouble. Technically, no, they are not supposed to be sold commercially. That's why most mixtapes are only sold in mom & pop shops and literally on the street corners.

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 12:39:56 PM »
Actually when you are paying for a mixtape you really are only purchasing the cover artwork and the jewel case. Not the CD. The CD is for 'Promotional Use Only'.

Shade Sheist™

• PYO Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.ShadeSheist.net
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 12:43:45 PM »
Actually when you are paying for a mixtape you really are only purchasing the cover artwork and the jewel case. Not the CD. The CD is for 'Promotional Use Only'.

Absolutely Correct!

peep the GTA3 disc for reference...
New Album "BLACKOPS" Coming Soon
-------------------------------------------
Official Site: www.ShadeSheist.net
Music: www.GFUNKISFOREVER.net
Twitter: www.twitter.com/shade_sheist
Facebook: www.facebook.com/shadesheistfan
YouTube: www.youtube.com/ishadesheist