Author Topic: With the way the Lakers are playing, I'm ready to say Kobe>MJ.  (Read 1034 times)

herpes

Re: With the way the Lakers are playing, I'm ready to say Kobe>MJ.
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2008, 04:23:14 PM »
Could we please back talking about the topic?

MJ is still > Kobe, imho. Best defender, best leader, best influence on his teammates. There's no need to make kilometric posts.

you really buy into that best leader and best influence crap? why? lobe is just as much a leader to his teammates and just as influential to their game...jordan was a great leader, but lets not forget, dude was punching out teammates in practice. nothing i've seen tells me mj was the "best leader". that title goes to magic johnson, regardless.

Jordan used to give it all during pratice. Everybody knows that. It was an hell for teammates who didn't respect that and who didn't give it all too. Jordan was competitive, as much as Kobe. But he wanted pratice to be even better than games. That's why sometimes he went crazy and he punched out teammates. It was not him acting like a moron and dissing his own teammates or punching them out for the simple reason he knew he was the best player in the team and that he had the "keys" of the team. No. It was just Jordan being aggressive like usual ON THE COURT (even in pratice). And that "fire" was contagious to other people. Shit, even Tony Kukoc started to play better with Jordan dissing him and motivating him. Even Rodman gave it all on the floor, instead of being mr. troublesome like usual. That's leadership. It's willing to win. Obviously he was lucky to have a great supporting cast. Harper was great. Pippen was amazing. Phil Jackson was the best coach in the League. Etc.. but they all respected his leadership, including Pippen, who was probably the 2nd best player in the NBA (like Kobe was with Shaq). Kobe is starting to be a good leader too, expecially since the Lakers have a very young roster, and Kobe is the veteran of the team. He's the player with more NBA seasons behind him in Lakers roster, so he understood that, and he's acting like a mature man.

But other than that, Jordan was a better defender, a true winner, and his 6-0 record speaks for himself. Kobe still has a lot of things to do to be better than him, honestly. It's still possible, don't get me wrong. He's still 30. We will see. But right now, if i have to chose one, i chose Jordan.

you're telling me all this shit as if i don't know it...LOL. if Jordan was the slightly better defender, you can definitely say Kobe's the better shooter and has a wider offensive arsenal than Jordan did. That more than balances it out, and Kobe's always All-NBA Defense without a fucking Scottie Pippen to lock down players on the perimeter, so fuck that. I really don't think Jordan woulda led last years Lakers to the Finals without Bynum and Ariza...PeACe

If you know it why you write Jordan punched out teammates like it was a negative thing? Anyway Jordan (still) > Kobe, that's my opinion.

That's unfair...I think if you put Kobe in Jordan's shoes, Bulls woulda won 8 straight (considering Kobe woulda never taken years off for baseball). Don't you think? Jordan punching teammates out WAS negative. LOL. Sure, his intensity was great for the team, but sometimes he was TOO intense. Jordan wasn't flawless like the common image of him will have you believe. I dunno, I think you feed a little too much into what the general perception has you believe...PeACe

Don't "think" too hard NIK.........I mean, how you can say Kobe with the Bulls would've won 8 chips is straight up ridiculous.  How the fuck do we really know that?  Dude has ZERO MVP'S in the finals, so you can't really justplug him in Jordan's spot and say they would've been even better.  Kobe, believe it or not, has yet to prove himself in the finals as the number one option

How is that ridiculous? You think Michael Jordan single handedly made those Bulls? Kobe has more skill AND drive than Jordan did. He woulda been THRILLED to keep winning titles, unlike Jordan, who quit after his first threepeat. Just because Kobe was placed in a situation where he had to play with a demanding ball-dominant big, doesn't mean he deserves less credit. Kobe has proved himself these past couple years by taking sub-par squads deeper than anyone imagined possible...If he were placed in Jordan's shoes, best believe he'd have his share of Finals MVP's by now...PeACe

He quit b/c his gambling problem got his dad killed.  You think he quit b/c he didn't want to play anymore you are out of your fucking mind.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2008, 04:50:53 PM »
^Indeed. Nik showed zero class with that statement. How bout killing Kobe's family and see if he responds with a couple Finals MVP trophies.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2008, 05:01:07 PM »

MJ is still > Kobe, imho. Best defender, best leader, best influence on his teammates. There's no need to make kilometric posts.

you really buy into that best leader and best influence crap? why? lobe is just as much a leader to his teammates and just as influential to their game...jordan was a great leader, but lets not forget, dude was punching out teammates in practice. nothing i've seen tells me mj was the "best leader". that title goes to magic johnson, regardless.

Jordan used to give it all during pratice. Everybody knows that. It was an hell for teammates who didn't respect that and who didn't give it all too. Jordan was competitive, as much as Kobe. But he wanted pratice to be even better than games. That's why sometimes he went crazy and he punched out teammates. It was not him acting like a moron and dissing his own teammates or punching them out for the simple reason he knew he was the best player in the team and that he had the "keys" of the team. No. It was just Jordan being aggressive like usual ON THE COURT (even in pratice). And that "fire" was contagious to other people. Shit, even Tony Kukoc started to play better with Jordan dissing him and motivating him. Even Rodman gave it all on the floor, instead of being mr. troublesome like usual. That's leadership. It's willing to win. Obviously he was lucky to have a great supporting cast. Harper was great. Pippen was amazing. Phil Jackson was the best coach in the League. Etc.. but they all respected his leadership, including Pippen, who was probably the 2nd best player in the NBA (like Kobe was with Shaq). Kobe is starting to be a good leader too, expecially since the Lakers have a very young roster, and Kobe is the veteran of the team. He's the player with more NBA seasons behind him in Lakers roster, so he understood that, and he's acting like a mature man.

But other than that, Jordan was a better defender, a true winner, and his 6-0 record speaks for himself. Kobe still has a lot of things to do to be better than him, honestly. It's still possible, don't get me wrong. He's still 30. We will see. But right now, if i have to chose one, i chose Jordan.

you're telling me all this shit as if i don't know it...LOL. if Jordan was the slightly better defender, you can definitely say Kobe's the better shooter and has a wider offensive arsenal than Jordan did. That more than balances it out, and Kobe's always All-NBA Defense without a fucking Scottie Pippen to lock down players on the perimeter, so fuck that. I really don't think Jordan woulda led last years Lakers to the Finals without Bynum and Ariza...PeACe

If you know it why you write Jordan punched out teammates like it was a negative thing? Anyway Jordan (still) > Kobe, that's my opinion.

That's unfair...I think if you put Kobe in Jordan's shoes, Bulls woulda won 8 straight (considering Kobe woulda never taken years off for baseball). Don't you think? Jordan punching teammates out WAS negative. LOL. Sure, his intensity was great for the team, but sometimes he was TOO intense. Jordan wasn't flawless like the common image of him will have you believe. I dunno, I think you feed a little too much into what the general perception has you believe...PeACe

Don't "think" too hard NIK.........I mean, how you can say Kobe with the Bulls would've won 8 chips is straight up ridiculous.  How the fuck do we really know that?  Dude has ZERO MVP'S in the finals, so you can't really justplug him in Jordan's spot and say they would've been even better.  Kobe, believe it or not, has yet to prove himself in the finals as the number one option

How is that ridiculous? You think Michael Jordan single handedly made those Bulls? Kobe has more skill AND drive than Jordan did. He woulda been THRILLED to keep winning titles, unlike Jordan, who quit after his first threepeat. Just because Kobe was placed in a situation where he had to play with a demanding ball-dominant big, doesn't mean he deserves less credit. Kobe has proved himself these past couple years by taking sub-par squads deeper than anyone imagined possible...If he were placed in Jordan's shoes, best believe he'd have his share of Finals MVP's by now...PeACe

He quit b/c his gambling problem got his dad killed.  You think he quit b/c he didn't want to play anymore you are out of your fucking mind.
What??? His gambling problem had nothing to do with his dad's death.

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2008, 05:11:57 PM »

i thought 2 teenagers killed his dad?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2008, 05:37:23 PM »
^Indeed. Nik showed zero class with that statement. How bout killing Kobe's family and see if he responds with a couple Finals MVP trophies.

Zero class? Jordan HIMSELF said he quit because he lost motivation to play the game...I can only go by what he says. You following me around into threads because you disagree with my opinions is the only thing classless.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 05:40:34 PM by Now_I_Know »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2008, 05:39:02 PM »

Tom is not too bright...haven't you been on this site long enough to realize that?

herpes

« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2008, 05:56:10 PM »

Tom is not too bright...haven't you been on this site long enough to realize that?

How would you know I'm not bright when you Kobe's dick so far down your throat ?

Jordan >>> kobe, deal with it.
Shaq's importance to the Lakers championship run >>> Bean the rapist

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2008, 06:03:23 PM »
^Laker fans are blessed to have to "deal" with Kobe's greatness?

Bulls suck...deal with that.

herpes

« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2008, 06:50:05 PM »

I know shit happens at least I had the 90's.  Notice how NIK didn't deny having Kobe's dick down his throat.  Dont worry NIK keep reaching for that dream.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2008, 06:52:53 PM »

Zero class? Jordan HIMSELF said he quit because he lost motivation to play the game...I can only go by what he says. You following me around into threads because you disagree with my opinions is the only thing classless.

LMAO, me following you around in threads? I post in basketball threads all the time. LOL... that's some blatant narcism of yours if you really think I'm following you. I'm just not as elaborate and I don't argue as I used to, cause there's no merit in it... it's the same shit over and over...
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2008, 01:35:08 PM »

I know shit happens at least I had the 90's.  Notice how NIK didn't deny having Kobe's dick down his throat.  Dont worry NIK keep reaching for that dream.

what does you not being bright have to do with kobe's dick, you damn faggot?...either quit exposing yourself or move to Santa Monica.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2008, 01:38:44 PM »

LMAO, me following you around in threads? I post in basketball threads all the time. LOL... that's some blatant narcism of yours if you really think I'm following you. I'm just not as elaborate and I don't argue as I used to, cause there's no merit in it... it's the same shit over and over...

You might not follow me into the thread, but because my opinions are so different than yours, your automatic instinct is to attack or attempt to talk shit. Either way, it failed. You quoted Tom, which is one of the dumbest things you can do on this site...PeACe