Author Topic: Who was Top Dog? (Dj Quik)  (Read 1440 times)

THETRUTHUG

• Muthafuckin' OG
Who was Top Dog? (Dj Quik)
« on: December 03, 2008, 09:39:43 AM »
A few years ago I always though Top Dog was Mausberg ???

he was mentioned in a few quik songs and interviews? Who was he? A good freind of quik... Did he die after Mausberg? was he rappin too?

EFFeX

Re: Who was Top Dog? (Dj Quik)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 09:42:21 AM »
Do you mean Top Dogg from Death Row?

THETRUTHUG

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 09:44:53 AM »
Do you mean Top Dogg from Death Row?

no i dont think so, the Top Dog(g) that i mean got killed a few years ago... Did the Death Row Top Dogg got killed too?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 09:46:54 AM by THETRUTHUG »

Jimmy H.

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 10:32:46 AM »
Death Row's Top Dogg (YGD) and the Top Dog Quik was mourning are two diiferent people. Top Dog died before "Rhythm-a-lism".

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 11:27:34 AM »
I was confused about this shit back in 02. Quik used to work with Top Dogg (YGD), then he just disappeared when he left Death Row. So I, too, was assuming that YGD was the Top Dogg that Quik was mourning over in a few songs.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Mietek23

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 11:31:12 AM »
YGD Tha Top Dogg [former Death Row inmate] is alive and doing well... he's got an album coming out called "The Renegade".

Check out his official myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/darksidemusic

Inferio07

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 03:50:19 PM »
Top Dog that Dj Quik Refers to is Mausberg (I think )
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 06:41:49 PM by Inferio07 »

MarshColin

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 04:00:15 PM »
Top Dog that Dj Quik Refers to is Mausberg

Nope. It is just a friend of his who is a blood. Top dog died in like 96 or something I wanna say. At least 2 of those 92.3 drops were dedicated to him and Jake Robles.

~Lucien~

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 07:44:30 PM »
Top Dog that Dj Quik Refers to is Mausberg

Nope. It is just a friend of his who is a blood. Top dog died in like 96 or something I wanna say. At least 2 of those 92.3 drops were dedicated to him and Jake Robles.

Yup. He was shot at a party at Quik's house back in the day. He was one of his best friends.

MarshColin

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 09:36:00 PM »
Damn this is making me remember how tight Quik's radio drops were. Some of them were doper than most songs IMO. Tell me a bedtime story is probably my favorite.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 06:22:56 AM »
Yeah, Quik's radio drops were better than alot of his songs on his albums.  The beats were so smooth.  I wish he still did beats like those.

Dopeisjay

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 01:41:46 PM »
some of those radio drop's were instrumental's from other song's
like bedtime story was by "Quincy Jones - BedTime Story"
one of his other drop's was the "92.3 drop it used "patrice rushen - feel so real"
and so on..
Yeah, Quik's radio drops were better than alot of his songs on his albums.  The beats were so smooth.  I wish he still did beats like those.

Dopeisjay

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2008, 02:15:07 PM »
well from what Quik told me awhile back when i mentioned about Top Dog (Darryl Cortez Reed) he told me that he was one of his closest friends they actualy grew up together as kid's..
he mentioned he was a great friend and overall person, and his death realy affected him alot.
the tragedy happened at Quik's house although Quik wasnt present in the family room when it all took place he was actualy in his home when it did happen,
Top Dog was shot twice by Quik's nephew, which quik mentioned top dog and his nephew had a feud going on for some time.. right after he fired the shot's he took off running but was soon arrested as the cops caught up to him..
Quik also mentioned his nephew was high on meth..
Top Dog R.I.P. was 36 when he passed away..

he was mentioned in a few quik songs and interviews? Who was he? A good freind of quik... Did he die after Mausberg? was he rappin too?

kuruptDPG

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2008, 02:30:25 PM »
well from what Quik told me awhile back when i mentioned about Top Dog (Darryl Cortez Reed) he told me that he was one of his closest friends they actualy grew up together as kid's..
he mentioned he was a great friend and overall person, and his death realy affected him alot.
the tragedy happened at Quik's house although Quik wasnt present in the family room when it all took place he was actualy in his home when it did happen,
Top Dog was shot twice by Quik's nephew, which quik mentioned top dog and his nephew had a feud going on for some time.. right after he fired the shot's he took off running but was soon arrested as the cops caught up to him..

thanks for the info homie. rip though

MarshColin

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2008, 04:05:12 PM »

Good info man thanks for sharing. If he was 36 when he passed wouldnt that make him quite a bit older thank Quik?